immunity to KarZok mana/hp draining spells?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mordsith, Oct 22, 2018.

1. mordsith Journeyman

My group has done the EOK progression and has the group AA for the players and mercs to be immune to Gust of Atrebe and Aura of the Kar`Zok. Does the Gale of atrebe still land on such players and their pets? So far trying to engage/fight a karzok grave robber and/or a Kar zok lacerator my group seems to still get hit with large mana/hp draining spells(s) that end it for me and my group in a bad way. I am pretty sure my group is now immune the aura of the Karzok, but again that doesn't to seem to help that much with these mobs. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Mordsith
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Essence blocks gust and aura, not gale. These mobs cast all three, and they are super annoying/take way too long to kill.
  3. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Hopefully next expansion they stop this stupid mechanic. Worst idea to ever make it live since talking gear.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Or just have people do progression. It doesn't seem that onerous to me.
  5. Febb Augur

It's a direction AE, face the mob away from the group. Attack from behind.
  6. Spellfire Augur

7. Brohg Augur

Hey now, talking gear was great. I totally miss Rakban, really loved that he was on my side. I was part of the pack, we growled at things and pounced on stuff. If it was an option, I'd have kept evolving and wearing his mask to this day.

There's also nothing wrong with relevant flags taking some work.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I loved the talking gear!

My only problem with these mechanics are they interfere with groups nearby as the AE is far too large. We were killing at zone in in ST as we didn't think we could handle the Crypt Robber just inside the next big room (where ST1 takes place) we were quite happy killing there until another group arrived and proceeded to kill him so we got hit by his AE!

I really wish they could restrict these AEs to those on aggro!
    Andarriel, Arraden and Brohg like this.
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Best Dos Equis voice: "I don't usually make reeetarded design decisions, but when I do I hide grouped named behind raid progression."

The mechanic the OP mentions needs to never rear it's ugly head again in EQ. Period. There is no reason to cordon off GROUP NAMED with a requirement for casuals to engage at all in RAID progression(which is exactly what happened with BLOCKER).
  10. Lianeb Augur

Some people don't understand the game they play.

Group Content
    AA: Essence of the Dragon I(This passive ability grants you immunity to Gust of Atrebe and Aura of the Kar`Zok.
    Raid Content
    AA: Essence of the Dragon II(This passive ability grants you immunity to Gust of Atrebe, Aura of the Kar'Zok and Aura of Kor-Sha.)

I don't see these mobs casting Aura of Kor-Sha
    There is no protection from Gale of Atrebe other than turn the mob away
    Sancus, Conq, Thrillho and 2 others like this.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The fact remains that you have to do the same progression as raiders to get immunity to the aura. If I wanted to spread precious playtime collecting sprigs of dreadland crotch rot I would be a tradeskiller\raider. I did NOT have to collect that kinda crap in EOK to go anywhere in Droga and Chardok to kill group level nameds.
  12. Brohg Augur

Further, "cordoned off" named have been happening since the very first zone access quests in o.g. Kunark. There are WAY fewer named "cordoned off" by Essence of the Dragon than in nearly any other expansion. Off the top of my head only LDoN & LoY (tiny releases, glorified tech tests released as intermediaries between PoP & Gates) have been as open as newkunark has been.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

Look at it this way: Raiders have to do the same progression as casuals/groupers to get immunity to the Atrebe gust and Kar'zok aura :cool:
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Methods of Sarnak Destruction, furthermore requires multiple trade skills....that's indefensible. But you know that's what ROS was out of the gate and many recognized that it was a "give back" to those raiders who are able to sink enormous of amounts of time into the game to keep more of the new stuff(even stuff beyond raid loot, etc) away from players who I guess they disdain as "filthy casuals." That tension has always been a part of EQ.
  15. Lianeb Augur

I would like to point out that it is not raid progression to get that immunity.
    And no you didn’t need it in Chardok or Droga, but you would have played hell killing in the upper levels of Kor-Sa labs let alone killing the Kar-zok overlord (a group name) also in EoK.

Stop blaming design on your laziness
    Warpeace, Conq and Ofearl like this.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What about named in Kor Sha Labs? There are 3 named there that are need the *GROUP* progression done to be immune to their abilities. (One in the base zone, two in the HA's)
  17. Lianeb Augur

Oh you mean the tradable container you can buy in the bazaar that offers a no fail combine?
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Don't forget too, it only takes somewhere around 150 in each of the required TS's if you don't want to buy it... something that takes about 60 minutes. Hardly "indefensible".
    Conq and Lianeb like this.
  19. segap Augur

You're talking about two different things now. One is requiring progression to do certain things in the group game. I thought EoK had a good balance there. Zones were accessible without progression, but you'd have a more difficult time in some areas without it.

The second topic is including tradeskills in progression tasks. That I do agree with. I wish they'd stop trying to force feed tradeskills down everyone's throats.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Best quote today!

Back on topic... the two named in ST no one has immunity to them. DPS harder, heal more, have better tactics, and win.

Want a fun challenge, tank them both, druid healer, and merc dps.

What 3 named? Kar'Zok Overlord.. Yes,
    The two in the missions are not Kar'Zok, one is a golem, other is a regular red sarnak.

Mad Researcher
    Spells / abilities:

• Brain Drain - 7k/tick mana drain, melee silence, 50 curse counters. Casts every 30s
    • Flurries
    Rouge Monstrosity