Im New...sort of

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DarkMajica, Sep 27, 2015.

1. DarkMajica New Member

Im currently waiting on my installation to complete. I used to play everquest way back when it first came out and recently decided to play again. Is there anything new? What should I know that is different about the old vs new? Are there still guilds and all that? Im excited to enter Norrath again....any help or info would be awesome. TIA!
  2. runecrow Elder

I also started when it came out, then quit because it was so brutal. Came back a few years ago and there's a lot of changes. A lot less brutal. Some trivial, some not so trivial. Too much to mention; but there are still guilds. You'll probably want to find a thread somewhere listing all the changes. Or here's an overview :

http://almarsguides.com/eq/returningplayers.cfm

Of course, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, right?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

4. DarkMajica New Member

Thanks yall, I've begun playing again but there are hardly any other players in my area (currently in cresent reach getting through all the newbie quests) so no grouping and chatting going on which was always fun. Some things I like and others not so much. Guess I'll get used to it though LOL
  5. Roxxanna Augur

Guild up, at least you will have peeps to talk to in guild chat.
    DarkMajica and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Maurasi Journeyman

Good advice. Go to the guild lobby and use the guild recruiting boards to find a guild that is new/returning player friendly (they'll often point this out in their recruiting messages). Write down the ones that seem interesting and then check their online populations during the time(s) you play (/who all "guild name", with the quotation marks) to make sure you'll have folks on when you are. Then talk to their recruiter and get an idea of whether this is a guild you can "grow up" in.
  7. Numiko Augur

the guild recruitment section of these boards has a sticky with a good list of servers/guilds that are returning player friendly too.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Yep, groups will be rare until around level 80. But I had a good time chatting in Guild Chat through my very slow in leveling first 80 or so levels. To find a guild on top of what people have already said (ie Guild lobby recruiting boards, and the forums for guild recruitment on this board), I'd recommend checking regularly

/who all 1 75

See which zones and guilds people in your level range are in and talk to them about their guild. This will at least give you an idea of which guilds have people playing characters in your level range at times you like to play.

Which server are you on again?
    DarkMajica likes this.
  9. DarkMajica New Member

Xegony, it's the server I played on years ago so went back there for old times sake.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Was in a guild called Prism of Light way back when but don't think it exists anymore.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I would also suggest asking in the NewPlayer channel for any guilds that are good for new or practically new returning player, and if you have an All-Access subscription ask in the General channel as well.