I'm gonna grind to 115 in GMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bortage, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

I've been enjoying actually leveling in new content; I haven't had that in quite a while (RoF maybe?). The experience may seem slow . . . but we have a whole year, so what's the rush? :)

I've mostly putzed about, did GD merc/part, EW hero, and I'm just about to 113 also. Full group gear, zero raid gear.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Always amazes me the players who complain that they are bored and have nothing to do and want new content...

Will, on expansion day, stay in the same old boring content they complained about the previous six months.
    Ssdar, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Pano like this.
  3. Eggolas Augur

Thanks, Tucoh. Is that a nice way of saying that my little trio has no chance of defeating the named in ToV? ;)
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think you are talking about two groups of player with a bit of overlap.
  5. Gynek Lorekeeper

Devs make their best leveling model ever for an expac and people complain they dont get to mind-numbingly grind...
    People are ridiculous. Kudos devs on making an awesome expac!
  6. Tucoh Augur

Haha, sorry, I meant that it'd be tough to get on the bazaar or from other players now, since many people will be equipping them or shuffling them off to alts, but the price will drop of course.

I haven't fought any ToV named but I think you have a shot at doing the ToV missions with RoS-geared characters depending on your skills. You don't need to do progression to request them, so give her a go.
    Eggolas likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Static named weren't that bad in CC last night.. and we left the pants on Life Leech and told Genchat FCFS.
  8. Sobmre Augur

man, Forget that zone and its stupid robots and orcs
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like I got about 15% for partisan at 113, and maybe 8% more for the merc. Not positive. After the mission XP being so crazy good I kinda lost track.

This was in great divide. I have not done other merc/partisan's yet.
  10. Moege Augur

Yew well saving those rewards for 114, just to make it feel as if the xp bar is actually moving.
    111 / 112 was still bearable in older content, will see about 113, may just do it earlier
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Hard to say.

I've fought a couple of named with my crew (war, clr (alt+tab not fancy software), bard (autofollow+melody), clr (autofollow and leeching xp), rogue merc, clr merc (so I can be lazy and avoid alt tabbing on easy stuff))

They seemed easier than TBL named.
    My warrior is fairly well geared but I was able to tank them with a 2h for 5-8 minutes depending on named. (my warrior is also 75% of my groups dps so the 2h matters).

I've also fought a couple with a proper group, and we smoked them. (again though, hard to say how it translates. We were all quite well geared).
    Eggolas, Elyssanda and Tucoh like this.
  12. svann Augur

How good is tov xp though for repeated missions and quests? Not really a fair comparison telling what you get the very first go.
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

When 4 missions basically give you two full levels for the first run, and a bunch of partisan and merc tasks another 2 levels, how is that not 'fair'....

/ponder hard to please.
  14. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

He didn't say the exp wasn't fair, he said it wasn't fair to compare old world exp to ToV missions if you include the 30-40% exp you get from the first win. Achievement exp aside, there isn't much of a difference in exp.
  15. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Who really cares how someone chooses to level up? Let people play the way they want to play without griping and whining for nerfs of it. If they want to grind out in GMM all I got to say is...

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

17. Verily Tjark Augur

Metallica would grind to 115 in GMM
    Duder likes this.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

its a one time /ACH for the missions that give the best EXP in TOV yes TOV zone gives out the normal exp just like all other expansions.
  19. code-zero Augur

Someone posts that they are going to <something dumb> and get their feelings hurt when people tell them that there's a much easier way and it's the people who aren't doing it harder and dumber who are in the wrong?