I'm curious if others feel the same way

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I can solo some ToL mobs but the exp is so little it's just not fun.
    I feel after I get 120 (1/2 a level) and finish the missions, I will be disappointed.
  2. Tappin Augur

I’m sure a lot of players feel this way.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

ToV was the writing on the wall for me, CoV & ToL simply repeating & tweaking the game while holding to the same, in my opinion, mistaken philosophy determined my exit.
    ForumQuest is gonna be the only involvement I have with EQ unless something drastic changes.
    Barraind, Treage_Imminent and Ssdar like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hasn't the subject of XP been covered in a dozen other threads?

AA XP is the same.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So you don't even play the game but you feel entitled to bad mouth it?
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

That's what I'm worried about. Dead servers...Again.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You have not given any input but say (in your opinion) the topic is a repeat.
    That (respectively speaking) could be under the category of 'bad mouth'.
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The same negative folks who complain about Achievement and Overseer XP will be the same people who complain about grind and hell levels. It will be a "dead game" because of grind instead.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I believe I am giving criticism & constructive feedback about the game & asking for changes I feel are beneficial for the long term success of the game, the last thing I want to see is EQ shut down.

If you want to call that bad mouthing, that's your prerogative.
  10. zleski Augur

Nope. This game is much larger than the most recent hotness.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, this is a duplicate thread on subject already covered on the forums.

You can use current threads. If they have been locked, then the discussion is over. The only purpose to spawn multiple new threads is to stir the pot.
    Coagagin likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Based on your post history, you'll need to hold yourself accountable to these words.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm enjoying the game right now. Working on things and having a blast.
    Jennre, Alnitak and Benito like this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Skuz, at least get 120 (/grin) w/all tasks done :D.
    I was reluctant but started more progression and things picked up. I was shown a couple AA quick grind missions. Still, I'm worried others will feel 'depressed'(?) to play.
    (Correct me, your magelos show low level)

You .. I like
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I COULD do TS.
    Keep in mind, this is still on the side of raiding! Even if I'm full raid geared, I will still try to get everyone top geared in the raids.
    Wdor likes this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

YOU are most recent hotness!
  17. sieger Augur

Literally the same 5 people who have been crying about leveling in 8 different threads start a new one.
    Coagagin, Act of Valor and Benito like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have no plans to do that, there is still a lot to love about the game but it badly needs to get new blood into the game, particularly onto the live servers.

Playing with the same people "a lot" is great, but meeting new people, helping them figure stuff out, maybe giving them a leg up with advice & gear - that's pretty much a TLP only activity now and it's almost wholly absent from the live servers, there are no noobs anymore & I really miss that interaction, I liked helping noobs.

(old noobs with 10+ years of playing don't count)

I liked pick up groups, again pretty much a TLP only activity - and even there it really only lasts until Omens of War - ish.

Game focused a lot on appealing to former players & that certainly paid off with the TLP being a big part of that, but until EQ starts pulling in new players again I think I am done with it.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Sorry to say you won't be coming back. Even if EverQuest was somehow miraculously ported to Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X, children and teens these days aren't interested in a hardcore MMORPG. They want an adrenaline-packed FPS (Fortnite or CoD). Most adults are too busy to game (this is the adaptive phenomenon we are witnessing with Overseer and Achievement XP); much less, pick up a new game.
  20. Laronk Augur

I’m actually confused, you’re going to be disappointed and not having fun when you’re done grinding regular experience because… experience is too slow?
    Vumad, Wdor and Benito like this.