I'm a six boxer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Basak, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Basak Augur

I group with other people. I often will drop boxes to bring other people into my group so others can get XP and loot. I box to challenge myself, not to be better than the single boxers. I have been nothing but nice to people on Lockjaw, and I have gotten nothing but hatred from various people just because I box, and the bad boxers are the ones ruining the reputation of the good boxers such as myself.

As I get up in levels I encounter more and more often single boxers come up and start to steal my mobs, upon questioning them about it the result is usually along the lines of dirty boxers. And it limits what I want to do. I'm not a power gamer, I don't run multiple mages, I don't even run one mage, I have no pet classes unless you count enchanter or shaman, of which I never use enchanter pet and Shaman not high enough yet anyways.

I run with a Warrior main, and I box Cleric, Shaman, Druid, Enchanter, and Wizard. The only third party software I use is WinEQ2 to set up hotkeys to switch between instances, and the macro software that came with my keyboard so I can push one button to switch between instances. I do not use any sort of software like [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] as it goes against my belief of what a boxer is. That software is too close to botting for my taste. I understand it can be used without cheating, but even without that it is still closer to botting than I am personally comfortable with.

All I ask is a little respect for what I am trying to kill, and to try not to kill what I am trying to XP or get gear on. If you are within range of my group, ask me to join. It would be rare for me to not drop a box for another player, so there is a high chance I will let me join me if you are within level.
    SBC0, Gythlen, Frenzic and 2 others like this.
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I feel that you described over 80% of boxers in EQ.. sadly it only takes the 20% to give us all a bad name.
    Steampunk, SBC0, Gythlen and 2 others like this.
  3. Bufonidae Elder

It's not about how many boxes you play, there is obviously no GM presence on the new TLP servers, so the turds that think it's fun to grief all the people around them are having a field day. you can ask politely, you can /pick to another instance, you can /report till the cows come home (and I do, sooner or later DBG might actually get it). Right now the only thing to do is help the worst of them with pulls. If they're busy trying to survive a nice big pull they usually lose interest in griefing you.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Basak Augur

I have been straight up told by some people that I need to get a life and I am sad for multiboxing and they said they will be there killing my mobs until I leave. Some have threatened to go to every zone I go to in order to keep stealing my mobs until I leave the actual server, however not one of them had followed through with that threat. I will say most of the time they have stepped back after conversing with them, but It just doesn't seem cool for these people to be doing this just because I am boxing.

The people that do it just because of the no GM thing I can understand and can handle, It's just the ones that specifically tell me they are there because I am multiboxing that irritate me.
  5. Muramx Augur

people that do this....

[IMG]

and prevent people from enjoying content, make all the legit boxers look like scum sadly....
  6. Unique_Moop Augur

you "80% of boxers" that claim to drop alts for real players are really giving us 20% a bad name. What a weird expectation. Do 100% of the work to power level some guy because i box? Also, i'm not going to go through the trouble of stealing your camp, but if you wipe its mine now. also if it takes you 5minutes to pull each mob... some of them are mine now. and uh what did i forget. yeah i never have issues with other boxers. its always pugs who feel entitled to grief me because i box my group. you solo pugs are just shameless. get a box already.
  7. Basak Augur

Don't get me wrong, I will kick if the people do not participate with the group, just because I can handle stuff myself doesn't mean people get a free ride. Also, I would more count you towards the 80% not the 20% you claim since in this very post you made mention of respecting camps within reason. (I understand if groups take too long to pull you pull away from them)
  8. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Unique I do all the same things you just said, minus I will help someone recover rather then claim the camp for my self. I too would not count you as a "bad boxer".

The problem really is the solo players who feel the need to grief someone just because they are boxing.
    SBC0 likes this.
  9. chris_the_mage Augur

am a solo player, and have not come across someone who is a complete jerk who is multi boxing

shoutout to all yawl 6boxers on lockjaw, buyin my spells and jewelry for 6 chars. luv u
    SBC0 and Bigz_Zupdarty like this.
  10. Frenzic Augur

Basak is a good dude, you guys need to leave him alone! I swear, the non boxers with their hatred is actually worse than the boxers who grief.

No this doesn't make legit boxers look like scum, it makes people with closed minds and blind hatred look like scum. Don't hate every boxer you meet and you might not have so many self fulfilling prophecies.
    Steampunk, Kirria and Gythlen like this.
  11. Muramx Augur

The boxers that get grief from the non boxers is mostly directed at the guys that have 12 accounts running. I have seen in the hole 1 tank a chanter and 10 mages in a corner sitting in the same place for a couple days. I have seen a guy with 18 mages on auto follow in Fear. If you really think the person is legitimately playing 19 accounts at once... I have beach front property on Mars for you.
  12. Muramx Augur

Please then explain to me why someone needs that many mage boxes and feels the need to keep a plane completely clear by themselves, preventing anyone else on getting anything? I understand having a group of boxes but at one point we (a guild) counted 18 following one person...
  13. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Muramx I believe you.. its the people using the program that shall not be named that give boxing a bad name. Just to clarify im not talking about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. The program that shall not be named is the one that lets people "bot". A lot of the hate directed at boxers is from people who don't understand the differences between them.

I cant tell you the number of times I've heard "dirty boxer" in say from some random who is just walking by me, totally unjustified.
  14. Frenzic Augur

I'm not saying that one guy isn't scum, I'm saying that one guy doesn't make all legit boxers look like scum, as you said.
  15. Muramx Augur

I use to box a full group when I had the time but never have I seen boxing to this degree....
  16. Muramx Augur

TL has a bad rep because of not just that one guy but a good chunk. Those are also the ones that are giving boxers a bad name (not just yours but the non guilded ones and other guilds.) And that fact that guilds like yours wont police your own people makes everything worse.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I have run 18 toons before, its a lot of work... But very doable without cheating. Most of the work goes into setting up in game Macros to make most actions take a single click.

Anytime someone seams afk, or sitting in one place for days and days, those are the people who are more then likely cheating.
    Frenzic likes this.
  18. Muramx Augur

If people were running 18 toons and not halting advancement in the game for as many people as they are doing. For example of 1 or 2 guys keeping fear on lock down preventing anyone else from getting gear or experiencing a CT kill to camping the SMR and /pick zone through the instances for days just to sell for an absurd amount, then I am sure this wouldn't be an issue...
  19. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

this post was too much of a derail... removed...
    Steampunk likes this.
  20. Misaligned Augur

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the issue is not boxing it's lack of enforcement of the PNP.
    Bufonidae and Gythlen like this.