Illusion vs Mount

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Axxius Augur

Let's talk about the restriction that you can't get on a mount if your current form is anything but a playable race.

There is a technical reason: only the player races have the mounted animations. So putting any other model on a horse would look all kinds of wrong.

But! Not all mounts require that animation. There are mounts that use the default (standing) posture: the whirligig, the mini dirigible, and, most relevantly, the flying carpets. You don't need a mounted animation to ride those.

Moreover, there are some genies in Stratos who are actually riding those carpets, proving that it's technically possible. I want to do that too!

Please change the restriction and allow riding the carpets regardless of your current model.
    Skewert, Endaar, Conq and 6 others like this.
  2. Gynek Lorekeeper

I second this.
    Also, let us choose our damn genie illusion. Having it set by Race/Class is neat and all, but I can't help being sad a little about my illusion. It's not the worst, but there's some really cool Fire Genie models, and that illusion was really hard to get.
    But either way, I second the idea that illusions should be able to ride carpets.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  3. Tuco Augur

I want my genie to fly with the carpet rolled up on his back.
  4. OldCa61 Augur

You can use Amulet of Necropotence and be a Skelly on any Mount :)
    On the flying carpet you are kneeling though ???
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Neat. I guess the skelly model got a mounted animation since there are mounted skeletons in PoP.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But there are mounted genies in Stratos! We should be able to too!
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Another illusion that should be easily compatible (even with horse mounts) is "Guise of the Combine" (Effect: Illusion Combine Tactician). The illusion runs a humanoid model and seems to have nearly all /emotes programmed into it. It seems strange that a mount is not compatible for that illusion. Can Ngreth look into it? Thank you!
  8. Lisard Silly

just wanna point out, that old models stand stiff on the mounts, so dont need animations so non-player race illusions should work the same you would think, just have them stand stiff on the mount lol...

also wtb combat abilities on Carpet mounts, whirligig mounts. fully understand not being able to do combat abilities/special attack on some seated mounts....but on carpet mounts, whirligig mounts you not technically sitting, but standing up.

yes pls <3
    Ssdar likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Please make this happen!
  10. kizant Augur

If you're not in skelly illusion you should just /q.
  11. Password1234 Augur

Yes, but I'm in Iksar skelly illusion and can't use a mount, now what.
    Vexana_Lanys and Yinla like this.
  12. kizant Augur

Iksar skelly is cool. Mounts are for newbies so don't worry about it.
  13. Thunderkiks Augur

Love my red skelly but looks odd kneeling on the carpet
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Sort of on topic but something I have been curious about: Why do Jann mercs change there appearance sometimes? From Air\fire\back to Air...
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

I have only seen them change if a group buff that has an illusion bit attached to it be cast ie. Ranger group guardian, druid black wolf ect.