Iksar Heritage Crates - not velious Iksar models

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elnn, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Elnn New Member

Just a heads up to any others that may have been hoping for what I was hoping for (and to save them the $ and time), the Iksar hero's forge sets released today are not like the old velious sets - at least not for the leather sets (or cloth, but cloth would be expected).

With these being advertised as "Velious Iksar Armor" I was expecting (hoping) it would be a return of the special velious armor graphics (faction based armor that everyone knows and talks about still). The helms specifically were the biggest thing here, and for Iksar that meant the super mean flesh colored helm/mask (I believe maybe CCoM had the model also).

These sets they released today are basically just recolored versions of the typical hero's forge sets, right down to the same helm models that get reused over and over again on almost every set of hero's forge, but maybe with some very slight detail differences here and there. Super disappointing. A monk with that helm model back in the day was iconic.

However, the clicky port items you can get are pretty cool, so if you don't really care about the armor then buy away. I want to support the game so I bought a bunch of crates anyway, even after seeing the armor, but figured others may want to know.
  2. Dervanx New Member

anyone have screen shots?
  3. Elnn New Member

Militant leather set:

[IMG]

Warmaker leather set:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Dervanx likes this.
  4. Telkiney Elder

Hi Elnn,

Have you by chance gotten any more armor sets then those two? I only ask because there might still be hope. I'll be unboxing some myself on stream, but The screens you provided actually look like the velious leather set for iksars. Please see image. They look very similar to Texture 20 to me, with even the same coloring as the what the female and male are wearing and they say there are 12 sets which mirrors this image of the Velious sets. I agree with you about the helm being a missed opportunity. But I'm wondering if they didn't get the textures spot on for the armor.

[IMG]
    Elnn likes this.
  5. Absor Developer

Don't let the title fool you, the armors are indeed the Velious Iksar armors.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any chance this was a Simpsons “bovine university” floor reference? If so, <3
  7. Prathun Developer

[IMG]
    eepok and Janakin like this.
  8. Israfel Elder

I think the OP is just confused. The last two heritage crates have been set-for-set recreations.
  9. Elnn New Member

Hey folks, fair enough on the body portions of the armor. Absor or Prathun care to comment on what my post was mostly discussing, the helm?

It's not at all matching what the velious sets were. It's the same hero's forge leather helms that keep being used over and over.

Thanks.
  10. Elnn New Member

And to be clear - please don't take this as being overly negative or whatnot, I really appreciate that you guys are doing what you can to bring these armors back to the game. I just think the most iconic and usually referenced piece of what makes them memorably sets not being included is information people would want to know.
  11. Israfel Elder

I thought most the old Velious helms were basically the default helms for all races now. No?
  12. Elnn New Member

Nah :( There are some similar items (gnomes come to mind, with the bubble looking eyes - or some of the helms with the tiny little 'wings' that come off similar to the velious human helm), but none that match up too much.

Telkiney's post above shows what the Iksar helms should look like (far left models). There are images like that floating around for each race.
  13. Prathun Developer

The dark elf and half elf sets work the same way as the iksar set. It was decided to create the racial heritage sets this way because there aren't different helms for each version of the Velious armor, only 2 per race, and the pipeline for creating the armor sets was well-suited for making the suits but not the helms.

(Talked to the artist who worked on these sets to get the answer for this. Hopefully the meaning didn't change much between what he told me and what I typed. :eek: )
    Gyurika Godofwar and snailish like this.
  14. Elnn New Member

Thanks Prathun. I'm guessing it was a matter of being able to reuse the existing hero's forge models and just reskin them to match the body portions. The same couldn't be done with the helm i'd guess, because it'd be more than just a skin, it would need a full model creation.

The fact that there is only 2 helms per race (male/female, regardless of armor type) would be perfect for saving resources though, because it could just be thrown onto each set. So that's unfortunate the decision was made to not do so.

Many of us miss the old models very much, so it's just a bit disappointing that this was likely our only shot at something like this and it didn't happen.

Appreciate you explaining though, and thanks for the work you do on this game.
    Prathun and snailish like this.
  15. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Hi Prathun,

Can you all introduce Velious Custom Helms (2 per race but equippable by all armor types) in a future crate (Heritage Helmet) or anniversary pack/promo? I was first inspired to post about recreating velious armor textures when I saw the Velious Custom Human Helm (Ancient Human Helm) on a Sunrise Hills bookshelf.
  16. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

why not just put a quest in for a race helm ornament.....
    Kohnn and Janakin like this.
  17. KermitMadMan Journeyman

looks like they spent more time on the marketing of this item than the UI. Plate is dull and boring. come on designers, get inspired by something, please!
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I did not find Ayr'dal or Iksar plate as spectacular as the Teir'Dal plate sets.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Telkiney Elder

Check out the Iksar Scale amor that can be worn by plate. Its pretty detailed.
    Benito likes this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does anyone have screenshots of the scalemail, chain, ringmail, or Plate sets in game for reference and comparison?