Ignore the frustration of launch day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Mar 16, 2019.

1. snailish Augur

I totally recognize that people would be upset at the situation and not necessarily like my post.

-I've been there... ended up on Vulak when I couldn't get into Fippy --and I was ready early with the day off. Did end up with some of my names on Vulak though...
    -Got booted from Phinny for over an hour after beginning login at minute 2 of the server being up... Got none of my wanted list of 16 names (was hoping for 3-4 of them). I only play one account... getting 1 out of 16 names should be possible.
    -Agnarr I think I got one name and just played a bit, got a few names later on when it wasn't so busy.
    -Got booted from Mangler twice in the first hour after created character got booted zoning into Ak Anon. Had to "remove character from game" to login on other servers, but neither characters exists at the moment (apparently there is a character name purgatory I can get these two names pulled from as they are mine just not showing up).

There's posts from me... both recent and much older:
    -suggesting Selos and Mangler not launch on the same day
    -suggesting a temporary 1 character per account rule so saving names isn't such a 1st day rush (I don't care if I play day 1, I just want at least 1 name I like).
    -allowing a "pre naming" unlock via the marketplace
    -suggesting a level cap of level 5 for the first day and/or level 10 for the first week. This doesn't fit Selos but would have been fine for Mangler, especially with 1 character temporary rule.

None of that happened, and people are sitting around annoyed they can't play. If you login to Agnarr, and follow general chat... you will know when Mangler/Selos is not backlogged (assuming that even sorts out today). My original post was that lemonade from lemons approach... I didn't make the lemons, I'm sorry there are lemons, unfortunately I am not surprised there are lemons...
    Ulain likes this.
  2. Gremin Augur

The issue people have is that in our world this level of incompetence is not acceptable, so why should it be here? We are paying customers, no matter how we pay. Does Daybreak allow their vendors this level of incompetence? Are they okay with their packages showing up 5 days later then scheduled?

If you are going to level game companies to act this way they will continue to get worse and worse especially when it comes to shortcuts and money. Everyone should be held to a higher standard, not lowered due to being online.