if you were to pay for an 85 heroic character...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Taetew, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Taetew Lorekeeper

What race/class would it be? I was wondering if its something I should do for a druid so i can power level up 2 other accounts or would there be a good choice just to start with a lot of stuff maxed (assuming i do the sub method for a few months)? Not sure what would be the hardest class to level but once its higher level its a better class (that probably would be a better choice over druid) but I'm just a noobie (again) so I have no clue :)

Also, would the proper order be: become a sub, get the 10% bonus off upgrading a new character to 85 heroic (or doesn't that 10% off count towards that purchase?)
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would prefer just to level them. Leveling to 85 is easy. You might even get help if you ask in general chat and break out some funny.

That said, Druids are decent PLers. Heals, DS, ports, buffs....just a few reasons to choose a Druid PLer.

What classes are you PLing?

Always subscribe first to get the discount and other benefits.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

In case you're asking, which classes see the most improvement over earlier levels, the answers would probably be:

Warrior - boring and bad at earlier levels, but gets better above level 85 due to receiving weapon stances, more aggro tools, as well as NTTB though that comes 10 levels later

Beastlord - beastlords, though they start off strong, become pretty weak after level 40 or so due to their pets being like 10 levels lower than them; this doesn't change until level 68, but the pets are still weak all the way until level 83, and then it gets better and better

Mage - similar to beastlords, there's a slow period for mages due to bad pets, but it's shorter due to mage pets being generally better than beastlords; the class very much comes into its own after level 85, though, since pets become consistently solid

These three classes are probably among the classes that improve the most, over time. This is not to say other classes get worse, but that a class like an Enchanter or a Cleric, for example, is much more consistent in terms of what they can do before and after 85.
    Skewert and moogs like this.
  4. Taetew Lorekeeper

Id probably just Pling the other 2 that aren't 85. I just started the day before the big patch that took a full day so I have 3 accounts 1 ogre sk, 1 Halfling druid and 1 gnome wizard, but since they are only level 10 I'm not married to them. I never played a SK in EQ (not even boxed in one), I was always drawn to the monk, shaman and rogue classes. However I was always required to box in a guild cleric/druid or wizard/mage back in the day when I was in Harmonium.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

In case you are asking, which class is best for power level, I would then say, shadow knight.
  6. Tyreel Augur

The great thing about buying a heroic is you can later delete the toon you upgraded and then pick a new toon with the same heroic slot. This does not work if you have any old 'free' heroic characters.

Druid would probably make best class to PL 2 other toons then you delete and reroll the heroic as any class you want.

Personally i would probably roll a druid and PL to 70s then reroll the heroic toon as some sort of DPS/tank class that could group with and push the other toons until the level gap was closed.
  7. Taetew Lorekeeper

oh! I didn't know you can delete it and remake... so if I was smart, I guess I should do something like a druid/sk on the other 2 with the 3rd account being a sub and heroic'd to 85 druid so I could build up a fresh druid to 85 then delete the heroic druid and make it a wizard so something besides druid/sk :) got it thanks!
  8. Taetew Lorekeeper

one last newbie questions, what does "free trade" mean for the "brekt" server? Does that mean all the vendors in game sell everything at 0 or all the auction house items are "free"?
  9. Aurastrider Augur

For your heroic using as a PL toon I would say sk or ranger but those are my two favorite classes for doing low level PL assuming you are doing a DS PL. If you are going to play your other toons and want an uber healer/puller a druid would work but so would a shaman if you were just using them as an out of group healer/buffer while you learn to play your other toons and level them up.

The free trade means most items listed as "no drop" meaning you cant trade them with other players are tradable on that server. Things like raid gear which are no trade on normal server set rules should be tradable there so you can get raid gear without being a raider.
  10. moogs Augur

If you do this, make sure to bank your Bayle Marks (alt currency) and 15k platinum. You only receive those things once.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

All access accounts get 500 free in game currency which adds up to a free heroic, per acount every 7 months.

Pay for a heroic character? No, pay sub time, sure.
    Skewert likes this.