if Mangler is true-box = false;

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Calzonae, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calzonae Journeyman

Is DBG performing an acceptable level of policing their own policy? Probably not, but I guess that this is open for interpretation.

I understand the argument that the boxers and their additional accounts help to pay for the game. But I am also quite sure that my credit card agency will follow through on a charge-back request based on fraud and false advertising.

Ultimately, I feel foolish in thinking that players would not circumvent the server rules and that DBG would do so little. It is telling that the "true-box" rule set and advertising needed to exist in the first place.

Also, yes this complaint is a dead horse... but why has it been beaten so badly by the paying customers?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hi new member, welcome to EQ.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The main problem with true-box was the fact that it was setup for Phinny.

It worked quite well for a good time then over time people found ways to circumvent and made it public hence why it's a total failure now.

In order to keep truebox running they need a method that updates daily and makes it increasingly difficult for those to circumvent on a daily basis.

Just look at any patch day most of the automated bots are off-line for hours until (x) person is done updating his / her program(s).

Most of issues are the automated or scripted box teams, the regular boxers are hardly the issue at this point.
  4. Keadian New Member

Its pretty known in the other world that the main program used to box/bot/exploit is strictly forbidden to be used on a true-box server by the teams managing its releases. It even goes as far as crashing the eq client when attempting to use it.
  5. taliefer Augur

while true you cant get TLP versions from certain popular websites, there are multiple box crews that have their own working version, and/or other programs that perform many of the same function.

its just a program. those popular websites arent special in that they are the only source that allows you to quest for macros
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

What is being done about this has been addressed in a few different threads, I understand the frustration but I am going to lock this. Here is the post for reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.