" If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 6, 2015.

1. Fallfyres Augur

------------------
    That is 'an' idea. However, its not "THE" idea which DB went with is it?
  2. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------

Tell you what prognosticators: if the above scenario literally happens you know what also is gonna happen? Yea. And I'm fairly certain DB knows it too. They might just have some serious 'adjusting' to do when the Beta server goes up. Exp needs to be a LOT slower than whatever would be the rate at which Vlerg's scenario happens. It just does. 30 day subs will be the maximum achieved if the exp mod is thattttt fast. *Shakes head.
  3. Triumph Journeyman

I've been playing 16 years, I don't understand why you guys are crying about a few months.
    MBear likes this.
  4. Kalex716 Lorekeeper

This is going to be the case undoubtedly. The facts so far would give us no reason to suggest otherwise.

The power level of characters, + the xp modifier they've expressed, + small xp pots you'll be able to buy, + multi box + advanced knowledge base, means this will be the norm.
  5. Vlerg Augur

It's not just the XP mods...

Every toon is stronger than they were during classic , classic is known inside-out. Hells levels are gone... XP comes alot faster when you are killing trains in unrest / mistmoore instead of flee'ing from them.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

the EXP rate of Fippy/Vulak was lower at launch - and it was upped to be what ragefire is gonna be because of all the complaining (was later upped again to live levels during LDON era). So they have actual data about how slow exp rates did not work well on Fippy/Vulak.

Lots of people wanted super slow exp last time around too, then they got it, and everyone complained and they had to up it.

So Ragefire is just starting at the place that most people agreed was the happy medium from Fippy/Vulak.
  7. sihpa Augur

I dont know about you but I didnt receive an email about a new TLP. I stumbled upon this. I would wager barely 10% of the polled were people who arent already playing F2P at the least; and more likely subbed (and committed to another server) already. The majority of those polled never even intended to have anything to do with TLP other than maybe run around nub forest wacking wasps on opening day once they saw the announcement.. Thats speculation on my part since the details of the poll tallies are top secret but you get the idea.

Thats like letting another countries citizens vote in your elections when they were only tourists to begin with. Taking that data to come up with "THE" idea they're throwing around is, at best, a mistake. Not only have they included a huge body of people with zero inherent interest in a TLP's long term health, but because they lacked any communication with former/new subscribers via email/advertising, they've almost completely missed out on any meaningful input from those they'd stand to gain the most from attracting - people who arent already playing EQ.

We're already on damage control here and im merely pointing out where the ships sprung its leak.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------
    Salient points for sure...many of us are curious but they must have their reasons for doing this without much marketing; don't know why.