" If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 6, 2015.

1. MBear Augur

I would have liked original speed or just round it to one new expansion each year then lock it forever at PoP around 5 years from now and start a new TLP if this racket is still running. None of your examples are going to be a rude awakening for me.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Vlerg Augur

Well arn't you a special one.

However I'm sure most people seeking a nostalgic experience arn't too fond of the '' wait 10 min for a single mob to spawn because the zone is overcrowded'' paired with the '' absolutly no chance of dying whatsoever because the every toon ( not just monk and mages) is several time stronger than in classic''... XP groups in plane of hate, anyone?

I'm also quite sure the bunch of guild pre-forming for the progression server also hope to... you know... raid once in a while, but that would imply the top 2-3 guild ( and gold farmers) actually leave something up.
  3. MBear Augur

Well aren't they the special ones.
  4. AntiGriefer Journeyman

Hell, remember its going to take a couple months to get to the pop to 50. So then spend next 4 months getting all those rare items. Sounds about right
  5. Numiko Augur

Plane of Sky opened in Jan 2000.
    Paineel opened Feb 17th, 2000
    Split Paw revamp was April 10th 2000
    Kunark Launched April 21st 2000
    The Hole opened June 22, 2000

Which is why I was surprised we get the Hole at launch.
  6. Mardy Augur

This server isn't 1999. It won't take a couple of months to get to 50.
  7. Vlerg Augur

2 or 3 days for the most hardcore.
    A week for the really enthusiastic players ( people who waited years for a new TLP / people with pre-setup box/group).
    Even the casual crowd will be nearing 50 a month after release ( nearing... cause at that point, every lvl 40+ XP spot will be overcrowded )
    Mardy likes this.
  8. Mardy Augur

This is all true. It's too bad a large amount of people who voted never played on Fippy/Vulak to experience this. They seem to like sticking fingers in their ears going "lalalalala" at anything others have to say, especially those that have been there, done that, and just know people have the wrong expectations going into Ragefire.

Oh and there are those that think they could train people who monopolize camps. The last time someone tried to do that to me in lower guk on vulak, I thanked them for pulling all the mobs for me, and the extra exp and loot I received.
  9. Batbener Augur

I figure at about 1.5 months they will instance Guk, Solb, and the hole. So 2 months for the casual crowd sounds about right.
  10. Tachyon Augur

The overcrowding on Fippy had more to do with the crazy slow xp rate than anything else. You had to kill endless mobs for a touch of xp. That won't be the case here. Once you hit 50, there's really no reason to xp at all until Kunark comes along.
  11. Vlerg Augur

or farm FBSS / SSoY / SMR/ GBE in order to resell them...

you only need 1 avid gold-farmer to lockdown those ( the first 3...)
  12. Tachyon Augur

Except, that didn't happen on Fippy. The wait lists disappeared after a few weeks. And the numbers for those kind of players in the whole of EQ is nothing like it was back then, just like the numbers on Fippy were nothing like they were back on The Combine.

You are extrapolating on a false initial premise.
  13. Vlerg Augur

Fippy / Vulak had no mage bot armies? ( or just bot armies, class makeup can vary a little...)? There's no popular RMT site taking pre-orders?

Of course SSoY/GBE demand will go down when better item from kunark/velious opens up... but you can be damn sure the gold-farmers are right behind the hardcore raider, if the loot is sellable.
  14. Aenoan Augur

Not technically true or at least there is a lot of contradicting information via Sir Google.

Plane of Sky (often abbreviated Sky or PoSky) is a plane associated the dragon goddess Veeshan.
    The zone is quite old, being having existed since before EverQuest's first expansion, and is considered raid content when the level cap is 50. -EQ's Wiki

The Plane of Sky is a unique zone, and by far the most difficult pre-Kunark. It consists of a progression through a series of floating islands, where each island's inhabitants drop key components that enable access to the next island. The best loot from the PoS is quested, with each piece usually requiring two common and one rare drop. The zone is extremely complex and a series of guides have been written. - project 1999

The fact remains, I am too surprised we'd get The Hole early, but they wouldn't keep newbie armor in.
  15. Invictvs Augur

There is nothing that is going to be Classic about the first 6 months of this. There will be no mobs, no room, you're going to need 6 months to hit 50. DBG needs to realize this, cut it to 3 months, and add 1.5 months onto Kunark and Velious.
  16. Numiko Augur

I was going by Zams "History of EQ" section but I think you are right as I was poking through some old patch notes and found a Sept 13th 1999 note saying the level of the spell "Alter Plane: Sky" had been changed so it must predate that patch somewhat.
  17. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Yes, leave us in Classic for 6 months. The majority voted that this is what they wanted. I am sorry your vote did not win. Being on the losing team sucks. That said, don't be a sore loser. Log in, play your characters, and move on with your life. Just be happy that we are getting Ragefire to begin with.
    Triumph and MBear like this.
  18. Aenoan Augur

Yeah, keep in mind Alla was never super accurate it relied on player input for most information, until they acquired Lucy (which was automated iirc?) castersrealm.com was a more reliable source back in the day but obviously that's long gone.

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Eq_retonned_timeline.jpg this is most accurate information I would say, it was a poster that came out with one of the anniversary CD's, I still got mine folded and tucked away hehe.
  19. Devante Lorekeeper

As others have stated in previous posts, they need to re-done on the beta server. I, for one, never had a chance to vote seeing as I'm waiting to pay when rage fire actually opens up. That being said, I would have voted classic + kunark to start.
  20. Devante Lorekeeper