" If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Invictvs, May 6, 2015.

1. The Badger Lord Augur

Guys, I forgot to add this.

It did not deviate my vote for an Accelerated Kunark, however, many people did not vote Accelerated Kunark for the 3 months of Planes of Power.

If POP had 6 months listed under the Accelerated Kunark, I wonder if that changes things. There were quite a few posts and many replies on this topic.

Again, just goes to show how complex all of these unlocks were, and how poorly worded and executed the vote was.

nobody understood level cap bias, and the poll questions were out of order originally so people were answering "What is your second unlock schedule first", anybody not careful enough would have selected that first.

Amongst many other such flaws and all, it was just a poorly executed vote.

If max nostalgia truly won, then that's fine and people should enjoy it. just too many doubts about it all though.
  2. Batbener Augur

I am a big fan of the rules are the rules, and let me decide if/how I am going to play the game. Less "tweaking" makes for a better game. I get you have to tweak some, but not every time the fickle winds of public opinion switches, or even worse a few squeaky wheels.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Mardy Augur

I seriously doubt people voted for Maximum Nostalgia because of 6 months of classic. Some perhaps did. But I think people just wanted long expansion timers, and I'm the same, I want kunark and all expansions to last 6 months or longer. But I really really don't want to see 6 months of classic. People advocating for this have no idea how long classic timer on Fippy/Vulak lost a lot of players, and Fippy/Vulak had only 3 months of classic...half of what is proposed here.

Some of you posting clearly haven't played on the progression servers. Classic is too easy, it's made trivial by player stats and things such as monk fists and overpowered mage pets. There's really not enough content to hold all these players in classic for 6 months. There's not enough room in solb & lower guk to hold all these players wanting to level 40-50 and wanting to farm some loot. If you weren't there on Fippy/Vulak you really wouldn't know how bad things got.

And to know this time around we won't have a dedicated GM to police and officiate raid targets and camps? I can't but :) and :( at the same time. I'm glad people are excited to play this maximum nostalgia progression server, but my gosh, please understand Daybreak's classic isn't true classic. Content will be trivial and there's simply not enough content for all to be crammed into classic for 6 months.
    Irbax_Smoo and Cloudous like this.
  4. Darth Augur

I have a Warrior, Bard, Monk, Rogue, and Paladin on Vulak that all hit level 50, and got entire sets of planes armor, had every item possible for their epics all had DE illusion masks, all had multiple 100% wt reduction bags, and I even have not one but TWO AoN's for and giggles. They all have jboots, and I had over 370k platinum. I have 3 bank toons with every droppable and some no trade quest items from Sky. All of them had every Sky quest item they needed, and were all wearing 41% haste belts.

This was with 3 months of classic. All of this was on a single account. I did not box, well I did box my wife's druid while she worked sometimes but, I didn't box normally as I leveled or raided.

EDIT: I was not in Echoes of Elysium the top guild. I was in Black Syndicate, the number 2-3 guild depending on who you ask.
  5. Mourne Journeyman

I didn't think PoSky was Classic. I thought classic was just hate/fear.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------
    I share the concern you phrased at the end of your post as would anyone who cares about having a Norrath to continue playing Zhama. What I meant in that post in saying 'the devs hard work' really was not limited to their creation of some poll. Do you think that this all came about in the last 6 weeks? I would guess this Progression Server is someone on staff's "baby" and I'll hazard another guess that staff has been working and reworking and discussing and finalizing issues surrounding a new Progression server for some time now.

And just because the poll resulted in a vastly different vote result than one might think from the majority of players who experienced the other two servers would vote based on their experience...
    has no relevance to 'who' actually voted this time. I know a good number of players who did not play original EQ, who love this game but who actually started their journey in it at say LDoN's, or even later...they are an example of those who would love to get on a fresh server and enjoy playing original or early expansions for a more extended period of time. They don't have strong feelings about the earliest part of Norrath, but also don't mind the idea of having a bit longer time in it since they NEVER experienced it.

They also would argue if there were no vote for the coming in of the next expansion, they have no prayer of getting the expansion they really love or are most interested in playing from being extended at least once. See? They are not even remotely close to resembling the most classic of we oldschool players who have also participated in this vote. And they are not the only 'different from the experienced players on prior Progression servers' - target population who voted in these polls.

And again, the player poll/vote is only one element amongst many which DBG used in making the final decisions they released today. It wasn't all done solely because of what players poll tabulations came in as.
  7. Fallfyres Augur

------------------------------
    *Well, good thing for some of us that Ragefire is NOT going to be an exact rehash of those other two progression servers then, eh? ^-^
  8. MBear Augur

I bet I can guess what you didn't have - a girlfriend.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Being that he said "wife" in there - I would imagine he did not have a GF on top of the wife.
    Irbax_Smoo and Mardy like this.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

lol
  11. Mardy Augur

Ouch, owned.
  12. MBear Augur

I started it with "a shower" but then thought it sounded too mean or personal so I changed it but never went back and reread to see if it fit. Bah...

That is what I get for trying to be nicer, the same thing I am going to get for the next 6 months of classic, probably.
  13. Fallfyres Augur

------------------

Well we are all surmising a lot today of course.
    But this part of your post ..."There's not enough room in solb & lower guk to hold all these players wanting to level 40-50 and wanting to farm some loot. If you weren't there on Fippy/Vulak you really wouldn't know how bad things got" has merit. Even though, as an aside, there would be lots of other content choices that could be made IF these players couldn't get their first choice of farming specific loot...)

It particularly has merit if one considers most heavily the votes made by those who experienced Fippy/Vulak. However, the poll/vote put up by DBG considered all votes equally as submitted. The poll asked questions of a wide population. It was not selective nor dialed in.

What we have here is a difference of opinion not of the results of this vote for the most part, but the weight carried for who some think should have been the target population most important in casting a vote period.

I have never worked for a polling organization. I have no direct experience, just my personal thought process. I did not vote with my heart. I and all of the people I know or have spoken to voted based on the preferences we have for what we would most ideally like to see in this new server. There is no 'right' vote, nor is there a 'wrong-headed' vote either.

The tabulation has been done. The company has said they will have an eye toward managing the duration in that initial six-month period. In other words, be assured they are gonna stay on this...its their baby.

Personally, I hope DB remains flexible and does manage things, but I sincerely hope they do not backpedal on what is one of the very first parts of Ragefire's forward p-r after todays announcement: that original will be in for 6 months. Those who come here precisely for that reason and/or the possibility that as progression occurs their favorite expansion has a chance of being extended if enough other players vote for that, will ... well, there would be some wildfire ill-will around the net.
    Judging from what I've been reading today, I think these devs are oak trees, not reeds blowin' in the wind. So we shall see. Lets have some fun! Don't rain gloom and doom down from the sky; if it comes, we should roll up our sleeves and participate in ways to make more out of this server, rather than less!
    MBear likes this.
  14. Darth Augur

I have a wife, so no I didn't have a girlfriend. We met in EQ and married in 2004. Nice try though.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  15. Darth Augur

Sky is classic far as I remember. it was available day on tlp 2.0.
  16. Tachyon Augur

Back when I was a kid we waited at least twelve months for an expansion, and we liked it!
    Claudea likes this.
  17. Aenoan Augur

Except that was still faster then Fippy/Vulak since it was hard capped at 2% per kill when I played it.

Yes, its classic.
    Fear, Sky & Hate classic.
    Growth and Mischief is Velious
  18. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Sky is classic, but like Hate/Fear, it wasn't in the game right away. Sky was implemented after Hate/Fear and wasn't originally beaten until after the RoK expansion launched.

I can't remember exactly who was the first guild to clear it or when exactly it was implemented, but I do remember that it was after they introduced the lvl 46 level cap for entering the planes. /mourn lvl 1 twinks in full planar gear

Both sets of TLP servers had Sky available from the start and was beaten by all TLP servers before RoK (classic content became trivial a long time ago).
  19. sihpa Augur

Hopefully they put in a poll, defaulting to "no", on day one that reads:

Ready for the next expansion unlock?
    No/Yes

Then once "yes" finally wins + xpac criteria is met, broadcast a server announcement about it unlocking and camp in a safe place tonight etc etc, then IMMEDIATELY unlock that expansion the next morning.

A forced schedule of 6 months for this xpac 6 months there etc etc can be completely canned if you let the players decide for themselves.
  20. Vlerg Augur

Alot of people seek a nostalgia they just won't find in those progression servers...

you're in for a rude awakening when a single group can kill all of Lguk dead side ( sharing camps? LOL), when a bunch of gold farmer create 6-mages box crew in order to monopolize any target with value, or when NToV is cleared less than 24 hours after SoV opens up.

6 months in classic/kunark/velious/SoL is a LOOOOONG TIME.
    sihpa likes this.