If I could ask the Devs one question...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Let's say said business who owns and sells software 'X' is found to have committed "Computer and Internet Fraud" by using their software to steal personal information, install malicious malware, randsomware, or crytpocurrency mining software on your PC.

This is a real company ran by real people that can be held accountable under laws of the land where ever that may. What happens when the civil suites start getting thrown around and it is found that SoE, now Daybreak, supported this software and arguably helped promote this software on their official site? Things get real murky real damn quick and ain't no body got time for that.

No game developer will ever support any 3rd party modification and paid modifications doubly so.
  2. SylSyl Lorekeeper

Perhaps of interest to Almar and others: There are some raiders that do current content without requiring, or even using, voice. For instance, Freelance on Cazic-Thule doesn't use it, and you don't even have to join a guild to raid with them.

I'm a member of three different guilds that do current-expansion raids... one uses voice for everyone, the next uses voice for raidleader instructions but not everyone, the third uses no voice at all. They're different... but not too different. The transition is easy enough, just differing styles and biases really.

GINA triggers, though, seem more universally and fundamentally required to keep people from missing critical messages. When 95% compliance to triggers isn't enough for the raid to win, and you really need to bump that up to 99%, it's hard not to turn to a tool like that for help.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The censorship filter on these forums is not an indication of 'forbidden' software names.

The free art program named G I-M-P is censored, same as the word P i-m-p

These filters have a huge list of words that might surprise you, and nothing to do with software programs.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When I'm the only person in the zone for a couple of hours, there is a problem with the zone (wasn't any instances of the zone either). Players are avoiding Skyfire.

I was only there to find my last few missing collectables, made a few trains with drakes I didn't see, while looking down for collectables you can't be looking up for drakes. Few evacs, jumping in my hole and a couple of deaths I've finished collectables everywhere. But Skyfire isn't a zone I'd chose to play in.

This is a T1 zone it shouldn't be empty. They could remove the zone entirely and it wouldn't be a loss, but then you couldn't get to VP.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Which is a shame with so few zones why make one that people will play in only as much as absolutely needed them never go back.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

True, but look back to EoK. Even when current how many times did you run thru Scorched Woods and see a hoarde of people? Typically a group or two were fhere for a) progression or b) camping a named for hunter/augs. Same was true for Gates of Korsha, low count of named and very few items wanted/needed from the casual player.

I’m sure pathing of most of these zones have zero issues to reasons as why not many people are there.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have heard a few cackles...
    I see black when I look around.
    1. No comment
    2. Time
    3. Memory.
    Tradeskill Mastery. (The first 3 tiers... the 300 to 350 thing I'm cool with) Destroyed my ability to "balance" difficulty of tradeskills... it's either onerous or trivial.
    --------
    And unfortunately, this thread is out of hand with sniping at each other and new round of wild conspiracy theories. So I'm closing it.
    Bobsmith and Brohg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.