If i change my race on a new tlp does my character location change

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinkcer, May 14, 2022.

1. Tinkcer New Member

If i change my characters race on a classic tlp server, does it move me to the new race starting city and does it change my bind spot if i have my character bound somewhere?
  2. Gnomie Denser than most

Historically you will stay where you are, and your bind point will be reset to the EC tunnel.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

Either my bind was reset to POK on race change, or it didnt change at all (I was already bound in POK). Maybe it was EC tunnel before POP. It will not move your character when you use it, but will change your origin.
  4. Kahna Augur

Your bind is moved to the EC tunnel pre-PoP and PoK post PoP
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You can also Origin to the new home city (provided you are level 5+).
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Hirbow Augur

If you race change, you race change on the spot, you don't teleport anywhere, you stay where you are.
    Your origin will automatically change to your corresponding race origin spot.
    You will also get the automated assigned character creation points (you cannot manually assign them, so if you manually assigned them at the start of your original race, you will lose them and get whatever its the auto grant ones)
  7. MMOer Augur

This is the only downside to race changing.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

Another thing is that I don't believe you can't alter your appearance. You just get what you get.
  9. Croops New Member

Yah you can, in the inventory tab, click on the face button.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Any PC can change their appearance at any time. Either click on the face in your inventory window, or use the /facepick command. You will get the same set of appearance options as in character creation.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Just out of curiosity, what if you change from Gnome to a lesser race, like Dark Elf, after leveling up tinkering? Do you lose the skill entirely, or just can't progress it?
  12. Triconix Augur

You lose them if I recall correctly.
  13. Appren Gnomercy

What does this "race change from gnome" mean? I cannot comprehend this sentence! Who would ever do that?! (necros changing to iksars are meta slaves who arent worthy of being gnomes in the first place)
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  14. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

All peoples should race change to Gnome. That way more snacks for big bois.