If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Triconx Augur

First it was all live servers combined. Now we down to 5 combined. The delusion goes on and on while the goalposts are always shifting.

Mischief dips into MEDIUM now. Bristlebane is 24/7 high population. I guess Mischief gows below your 600 threshold hmmm. How is it they have the population of 5 live servers when 2 live servers are 24/7 high populations and Mischief cannot even maintain that now???

While TLP populations flake and kill servers every couple of months after launch, live servers remain the backbone of steady population and income for the game. Your 3 month classic to velious rerollers aren't providing nearly as much income as you think vs the 365 annual live players with multiple accounts buying multiple expansions each year ranging from $35-$200
  2. Magician9001 Augur

TB was added the same day.

Mischief had a queue during primetime for over a month sorry reality doesn't fit your narrative.

You're wrong. The combining of the servers is what killed it. Turns out the 3 servers that signed up for PvP teams didn't want FFA PvP. It would be a bit like removing freetrade from Mischief now and then 70% of the population leaving and then being like "SeE PeopLE dOn't LikE fREE trADe"
  3. Triconx Augur

Your reality is vastly different than everyone else's.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They didn't combine them because they had a healthy population.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  5. Stagentti Augur

It didn't though.

You can actually spend a few seconds searching for posts about it or posts where people ask about queues and things on Reddit.

Whole lot of em talking about the queues being gone long before a month.
  6. Larsen Augur

The original four Zeks were pretty much dead long before they merged and the merge didn't do much more than make most of the remaining players quit. PvP became garbage towards the end of PoP when elemental/time gear had rendered half the classes obsolete.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

Well if you couldn't find a post about it in a 2 minute search then clearly it didn't happen!

Mischief had queue times for like 6 weeks at during primetime. They were short like 10 minute queue times and only during peak hours but they existed.

https://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index.php?threads/population-on-the-new-combined-pvp-server.1186/

They did have healthy populations. They combine them while they had large populations and people got pissed about it. Sullon and Vallon were pretty dead at the point but Rallos and Tallon were 2 of the most populated servers.
  8. Stagentti Augur

You can keep saying it did but in reality Mischief didn't have queues for 6 weeks.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Judging based on the population of the combined server doesn't give any evidence that the pre combined servers had enough of a population. A question I would have is how many of the players right after the merge logged on because of the merge and not because they actually played much.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

If a new TLP had that population in the thread i linked they would create an overflow server. You're again just talking about things you know nothing about and using trash logic to come up with dumb conclusions that aren't true.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That thread mentions a population of 600+ in PoK which doesn't mean that the rest of the server has many players in it. The only other claim is an unverifiable amount that they claim a GM gave them.

No matter how you look at it they merged all the PvP servers and included a not that it would help the population of the PvP by combining them into a single server. Despite the constant claims I see no evidence to suggest they would have merged the servers in the first place if they had the population to stand on their own.

And regardless of what PvP population used to be the fact that there was an well advertised event to show demand for a TLP PvP server that failed shows that there isn't an interest in Everquest PvP anymore. I would wager that has to do with the fact that Everquest PvP is pretty much broken and there being a lot of better options available.
  12. Larsen Augur

I think there's enough people who would play a PvP TLP if it was done in a manner that removes the concerns I posted earlier (e.g. rampant SEQ, non-classic mechanics, etc.) but I don't expect it to ever happen. If it did, however, I definitely think there'd be a market for a lowish/medium server that could thrive with a slower expansion schedule. It's just that there has been no EQ PvP server of any real worth in a million years. Anyone who judges the demand for it based on the population of red99 is wrong. That server died out for entirely different reasons. Unfortunately, those reasons largely align with what would happen if they were to launch a PvP TLP with the current TLP model, i.e. minimal enforcement of the rules and intrusive non-classic mechanics.

The great impossible never-happening pipe dream is a PvP TLP that rolls back all those out-of-era class mechanics, somehow stops people using third-party cheat programs, and doesn't jump from one expansion to the next in two months. But that ain't happening. If it did, I'm confident that there could be a solid market for it. But it ain't.
  13. Vindar Augur

Didn't they have some sort of PvP event a few years ago barely anyone showed for?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yet there was only a few dozen people who cared enough to log into zek for an event that was advertised as a way to show interest in a TLP PvP server. If people can't be bothered to log into a free server to show interest why would they be bothered to log into a paid server?
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Problem yall not seeing is.
    You have raiders/live players. Non pvp'ers.
    Talking about how PvP should be and analyzing the failure of why its not working.

Simple solution.
    If you raid luclin or any other server not zek or group too.
    Ignore those people solutions to how pvp should work.

Goto zek server, goto another game pvp forums and get your data from PvP'ers.

Your failure is because you get data/advice from the wrong people.
    Just because you Live Server Raid, doesn't mean you have all the solutions.

WoW has issues, your advice to those raids on WoW. apples and oranges right?

well live player giving pvp solutions on norrath council or something. apples and oranges.
    Your not PvP, why you even talking about PvP. You don't know the issues with PvP. All you have is opinions you don't PvP, you don't have the solutions.

Simple, ask PvP'ers how to solve the issues. and we've been telling you but all you do is go back to.
    Isn't there a pvp server opened recently? Whose idea was that? They change or just go with the failure model all over again? Live players and pvp advice, the dev's need to ignore them.

If norrath council has 0 pvpers or 1 pvper then that isn't solid advice. Even though 50 live players are telling you things. Those are not pvpers they dont pvp server. bad advice, of course you failed.

Yeah they did have a pvp server I suppose. I suppose it did fail.
    Why did it fail? You ever ask why? blame it on pvp players not showing up.

you got bad data, bad solutions bad advice, and did something on bad advice. Failed.

MMORPGs have tons of pvpers yet you went with advice and it failed. Wonder why.
    The people filling you with those advice thats why.

Check yourself

It's like being in San Diego doing a mini comic con, no one shows up, wonder why.
    Because you didn't do it the way people expect that actually goto comiccons thats why. failed.
    Don't blame it on people interested in that kind of thing, theres tons of people interested in comiccon in san diego. You got advice from people who don't even do comiccons, thats why you failed. thats why no one showed up.

Nothing to do with lack of interest. You lacked to provide the interest. You didn't get advice from people who are comic con crazy. Instead you got it from non comicconers and failed using their viewpoints which are not want comicconers are looking for in comic con, hence the no show.
  16. Triconx Augur

EQ was designed with PVP as an afterthought and therefore has a ton of flaws to it. There aren't enough dev resources nor people interested at this point to invest heavily into PVP. Enough is enough with this conversation. It's not going to happen.

Check yourself.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that Daybreak isn't asking non PvP players how to set up a PvP server. All anyone has pointed out is that the "passionate" PvP fans can't be bothered to just log on and idle on Zek to get numbers up and prove that they are even out there. If I go the the DBG server status page one thing I can count on is that Zek will be low population. It would not be that difficult to change that if the PvP community actually cared
    Skuz and TheRealMuramx like this.
  18. Grummle Journeyman

If you manage to convince enough people to hand in thier tomes of discord, any server can become a PvP server, start trying to win over hearts now to make your dream come true!!
  19. Vewdue Elder

I keep seeing you reference this like it was some official event that was properly advertised. I was definitely playing then and never saw anything about this, so obviously I didn't show up. My guess is this was some random forum post that hardly anyone even saw, it definitely wasn't anything official or properly advertised. Acting like this is the be all/end all for showing support for PvP is ridiculous. Not only was it not an official event, it was several years ago according to you. People's wants change over time, I wouldn't use a 2-3 year old unofficial "poll" as a basis for a current decision.

Seeing how this topic is constantly brought up every year, there's obviously a demand for it. Whether that demand is enough to justify it, I don't know. With the current trend of launching 2 TLP's every year, they can easily do 1 with whatever rule set the want and then another with a PvP rule set. At worst they will have one really high pop TLP and 1 dead TLP. Or you might actually be surprised and the PvP server ends up a lot more popular than you think it will. Either way, they will still have a cash cow with the non-PvP server. With as many "Dead" TLP servers we currently have, what's the harm in having one of those be a PvP server?

I think if they do decide to finally launch a PvP TLP, it needs to be an expansion locked server. No one wants to catch up to live on a PvP TLP, Zek is the poster child for why that's not a good idea. But having it expansion locked to a much earlier expansion will provide a 2nd PvP server people might actually play on even after the initial "Launch Rush" wears off. No one is starting new toons on Zek, but something expansion locked to the earlier content, when PvP was actually fun, will be a lot more enticing to people who miss the launch but still want to try PvP.
  20. TheRealMuramx Elder

I think those that are passionate about PvP on here, most probably don't even log into Zek often or at all. They are like the people that are excited for a TLP and the nostalgia it brings them, then they are disappointed when it's not what they remembered 20 years ago.