Ideal class and group layout for raiding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Laronk Augur

Hi guys,

What would be your ideal 54 man raid force?
  2. Szilent Augur

3 of each class is 48. If everyone's super good, then for the "loose" 6 slots you want all bards 8)
  3. Petalonyx Augur

You mean it isn't 54 sk?
  4. Laronk Augur

54 paladin > 54 sk
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Cadira Augur

[IMG]
  6. Allayna Augur

Undead expansion, he’s not wrong.

9 each of shaman/bard. 18 each of SK/Pally = Win.

Bard
    Shaman
    Pally
    Pally
    SK
    SK

X 9 groups
    Funky, Corwyhn Lionheart and Laronk like this.
  7. Sabrefist- Journeyman

And each event will only take a couple days to finish!
  8. Allayna Augur

Someone hasn’t seen Knight DPS on beta.
  9. Sabrefist- Journeyman

I haven't. Brb rolling paladin
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

To be fair, 54 Paladin would be a lot more capable than 54 SK. Us SKs can't (reliably) heal or cure others, so that gives Paladins a significant edge :p

For actual question of "ideal" makeup, that depends on the event to an extent, but Szilent's 3 of each with bard fillers would be a pretty generic "ideal."
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

ENC proc beguilers synergy which boosts the mages and mages proc conjurers synergy which boost the ENC. Putting 1 ENC per caster group is wise, because also dissident reinforcement, twincast aura and proc aura.

Druids COP4 (I think) works well for casters as well, so druid MH in caster groups is a good match.

Bards can kind of go either way since they can buff casters and melee.

The SHM boost melee like ENC boost casters, so SHM MH for melee groups works. Also bard epic stacks with SHM epic.

Clerics should be in tank groups, because of their auras.

If a bard is puller, then bard in a caster group with ENC is a luxury for pulling, as I can watch my map for the bard location and CC trash clears more efficiently, and the DPS as mentioned.

As far as how much of each, you are going to have to take what you get. Not many people are going to reroll to raid, and the performance of the individual will be more important than the class itself, given you have a minimum of the requirements to function based on the needs of the event.

Alliance is extremely valuable and is pretty much the most DPS for any single class. We commonly have 4 ENC in raids, and we lay down the DPS much harder than you would expect from an ENC. Our burns burn hard and we have audio triggers for alliance and just keep those rolling.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  12. Fian Augur

Let me take a stab at it:
    3 tank groups
    3 melee dps groups
    3 caster dps groups

for the 3 tank groups let's say 4 warrior, 6 cleric, 4 SK, and 4 paladins.

For the melee groups you want a shaman and a bard (x3), and 4 melee dps, so ranger, rogue, bst, zerk, or monk. Since alliance works best with 3, I would say drop the rogue, and have 3 ranger, 3 bst, 3 zerk, and 3 monks. Overloading on zerks is also popular.

For the caster groups
    Each group should have druid, enchanter, and bard (x3). Also each group should have magician, necro, and wizard.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

Burn times looking rough for those caster groups... Probably wanna put the Necros in their own setup.
    Jennre and Sancus like this.
  14. Fian Augur

You can move people between groups, but it gives an idea on what numbers to have.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

53 Clerics. And me.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Indeed, sir. Indeed.
  17. Laronk Augur

So curious, why monks over rogues
  18. Bamboompow Augur

Yes, please do explain. Maybe pass that info on to the devs on how one of their classes apparently has zero demand on raids other than for rot daggers (aka pity) and zero demand in the group game other than to hunt down shinies. They always seem to like to pick winners and losers, don't they.....
  19. Fian Augur

I had to pick one or the other, or accept that you would be getting less alliance procs. I have seen more very good monks than rogues. Monks are also more durable. However, there are some raids that require a rogue, so you probably need 1 in a raid regardless.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Haha, this has been a dream of yours for a long time. I remember this in general chat :p
    Petalonyx likes this.