Ideal 4th box ftp?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Parker, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Parker Elder

Current setup is bard warrior zerk. Usually run 2 healer mercs and a dps merc. Average group total dps is about 150. Burn dps is getting close to surpassing to 300k and I expect both average non burn dps and burn dps totals to improve as more levels and Aas come in.

Reading and event thread I saw the comment that mercs really weren't their cut of the exp share especially since <30k typically. So I'm not willing to pay for another account outside of maybe buying RoS then unsubbing back to ftp...or does make it silver?

Anyhoo if I were to take on a 4th...ftp box with the core being set of bard zerker warrior what makes most sense ? I mainly want more dps at the least amount of upkeep since I main the zerker in combat once aggro is established and melody and clicked...I don't want more upkeep...well too much anyway. I wouldnt mind extra utility either if worth it.

Here are my thoughts, critiques and additional opinions welcome.

Beastlord...mainly for the extra ADPS...for sure won't get much more out of the class outside Autoattack but their version of A dps coupled with 3 melee should be $$$?

Bard...strictly to fulminate alliance for 2mill plus damage. Will this stagnate over xpacs?

Zerker....moar dps...fulminating alliance....how good is zerker alliance?

Wizard...make a hotkey to do some dps...also when able to use 1 cleric merc can pop wizard merc to fulminating alliance??? Ports.

Mage...have one at 7000 AAs already...macro dps plus coh instead of DoH currently.

Necro...bard stuff can compliment

Ranger...afk dps and > 30k dps.

Thoughts?
  2. Parker Elder

Forgot to mention...

Shaman for buffs and clicks for melee dps...better slow.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Id run a shaman, with a couple of set up hot buttons you can increase your dps! Set one for typical group mons and a couple for named with more hps. With heal over time, slows, buffs, epic 2.0 (must have), DoT’s, and roar of lion, mosts eok/ros mobs will be dead before ya blink. Just have to set up the buttons for it.

Slow/hot proc buff before ya engage, assist and hit with lion then nuke, heal over time mob dead...

Named Id go , slow proc, assist, malo, slow, lion, combo dot then hit another button for heal hot, nuke, quick dot, mob dead!
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

" So I'm not willing to pay for another account outside of maybe buying RoS then unsubbing back to ftp...or does make it silver?"

You can buy expansions and not be subbed. But as to going Silver? There is a lot of debate over this. Silver is reserved for returning old accounts - at least from around 2012. Although some people swear they just made an account and got it to go silver. But then others see UFO's too. Might have something to do with if the account is created as paid at first then goes free - does that make it silver? Or if you create it free then go paid a month then back to free - does that stop it from going silver? Who knows? Since DBG has not clarified then the only thing you have to go on is rumor. Or people that don't know they reactivated an old account after all.

I would run one paid account with a healer merc at J5. Put a tank and a caster on the rest. You can't just park a ranger and expect him to shoot endless arrows! Well you can. But Rangers are a lovable class and he will soon take over the group cause he has track and doesn't mind dieing for the better of the group.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I run a melee box group with war, brd, ber, sha, bst and cle.

Adding a shaman is your best option. You could effectively improve your melee dps via buffs, improve your survivability from alliance and the shamans own healing, and deal resectable dps through casting a few dots at the start of the encounter. Even if you only play it lightly itll still contribute a lot.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Agree on shaman for your group. Mage for 5th spot if you ever go there.