Idea for next year expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Sep 5, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

These Piq mobs needs to make a serious appearance. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=38719

This expansion was too easy, mobs are TOOOOO STATIC.
    EQ developers 20 years ago created a great game, very dynamic. And now??? Way too static. No weather happening. No activity happening. Its just bland. Watch this, make mobs more interactive, make em roam, make the game dynamic. Shouldn't be invis up and easy run. Should be mobs roaming around and you don't know what to expect, heck a see invis mob, a see SoS mob could be roaming through.

MORE DYNAMIC less STATIC please.
    20 years ago we can all agree that the game felt dynamic, weather mobs roaming everywhere, everything dynamic.
    Today, static, bland, boring, lame.
  2. Anjanax Journeyman

Sure, in an expansion where you needed double invis already we should install see SoS mobs and nameds like Quillmane... sounds fun.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

• The first zone should be very easy, with simple mob mechanics, no see-invis mobs, minimal pathing, comfy camps and with modest xp / gear rewards.
    • The last zone should be very difficult, with see-invis mobs, mechanics that require positioning, cleanse, lots of mob pathing and higher xp / gear rewards
    • The zones between should fall between that
    • All the zones should be open to everyone EXCEPT maybe the final zone
    • Add daily hot zones that rotate within each expansion with significant rewards to consolidate players into different zones
    Frontier mountains and Eastern Wastes are great examples of an entry zone. Veeshan's Peak is a great example of a final zone.
    Hobitses, Kaenneth and Zarzac like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Veeshan's Peak was kinda deserted though, they also need to make the final zone worth it, and not just something you "complete" once, never to return...

Maybe a large selection of simple repeatable kill-quests in the final zone, that rewarded currency or something...
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Yep that's the thing with the "please the people who want very hard things" design. I particularly remember the insanity of pre-retune Ashengate and the small handful of people I knew who liked how overturned it was.

On the topic of repeatable tasks, it's just ridiculous the mercenary tasks give the platinum of a single vendor loot item (or less) and no experience. It means the only reason there is to repeat them is to more easily track progress when helping people.

I like that repeating some partisan tasks is worth it.
    Hobitses likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Yep. Daily hot zones is my best idea on this. Have Franklin Teeks port you there, kill any 1-3 named mobs in a zone, get some group currency, plat, xp, whatever makes it a nobrainer to participate in. If you're a soloer/moloer who needs some help doing progression in a tougher zone, you can find out when that zone is up for a daily, log in and there will be people killing named in that zone that maybe can help. Compared to VP where if you don't have a regular crew you may as well either buy it spend a ton of effort scheduling it ahead of time.

Consolidation of players into very few zones is a huge problem in EQ because it makes for an extremely boring game for anyone who doesn't have a lethal group to roll with.
    Hobitses likes this.
  7. Sheebea Augur

I'm thinking of a musical themed zone. Call it Swhing. The Lead mob can be the Sultan. Ya know? Sultan of Swhing. Place for a Bard to clean-up on!! (skills/lvl, bard drops)
    Nennius likes this.