Idea for enhancing group with 7th member without breaking game mechanics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LesserArchi, Apr 1, 2022.

1. LesserArchi Elder

I am wondering if a good way to add temporary 7th member without changing the current 6 group member dynamics. No changes to group window info, no nothing except for few things.
    Applies to open world for now.

What's the 7th group member used for?
    Most useful for standby for group replacement, while getting some exps, not full but some exps. Let's say it could be 50% or so...???

(I am kind of busy at work so, going to cut it short.)

This would cut down getting a member lined up for group replacement.
    Also, if someone cannot find a group then it's better than nothing.
    Also, who knows if anyone could have emergency like, RL, or guild need, friend just logged on.
    Just think about how much excuses you have gotten when someone just joined give an excuse to leave.

What else benefit this will bring do you think?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You would get a lot of confusion as to why a 7 person group can't start various tasks, quests and missions that are limited to 6 players.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The alt shaman and enchanters who often sitout side of groups to slow would appreciate this, I'm sure.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

You could always tag them in a fellowship and share exp.
  5. Windance Augur

Or just make raid XP scale up as well or better than group XP
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I sometimes used to move a cleric box to the camp site (or campfire spot) & log it out as a back up in case of wipes.
    In some groups we would have a box outside the group doing "something" like mezzing, slowing, debuffing, singing, buffing, have even boxed an out of group healer several times but that was a pain in the rear.

Game won't support 7th or out of group players, probably ever.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Not a good idea because its unlogical and won't stop at a seventh member. It could be argued endlessly to add another member... and another one...
    Skuz likes this.
  8. bobbin Elder

Group size should really be nine cause the original group was nine.

Frodo
    Merry
    Sam
    Pippin
    Aragorn
    Boromir
    Legolas
    Gimli
    Gandalf
  9. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Two are utterly useless, causing the death of one of the two tanks real early. They didn't bring a healer. They split up early only to spend most of their time looking for help from outside the group. Definitely some PUG elements here.
    Vumad, Skuz and Knifen like this.