I'd like to thank a baz bot today

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Dec 1, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you want bots / hacks might I suggest the following 2 locations in sebilis these are approx. any pick you'll find 6 man bot groups that are terrible, just shows you how little DBG cares.
    1. - 900 , 755 Chef camp area
    2. - 1500 , -350 near juggs

You won't need any 3rd party programs to find /baz bots. It's mainly bots that update at a certain pace. The only time involvement was risking plat on creating a trader with the same exact items to lower prices once we knew that /baz script wasn't setup properly with any min values.
    Chatoyan and Duder like this.
  2. Xhartor Augur

If you think someone is running a script to automatically adjust bazaar prizes, you just need to figure the interval out if you want to abuse them.
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

"I want my krono back".
    "You *tricked* my trader".
    "I'm going to report you".

Lol, I dont think I've ever laughed out loud (in real life) at a post on this forum.

Which leads me to ask a rhetorical question - People are actually dumb enough to automate bazaar item price adjustments?
  4. code-zero Augur

The reason for my skepticism of this tale is that there are in fact people who do that and they are all aware of others that do that so typically they set their software to avoid sharpshooting like that. Of course I don't know what sort of shoddy arrangement is going on with that particular seller and it may well be that the "guys" referred to are sweatshop labor paid to check prices every 15 minutes. I wonder if the OP has had his inventory snatch and the reason he's bragging is this is the first time it worked for him.
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

Yeah, I can see both sides of the coin, but this particular instance appears to be a legitimate exploit of inexperience with the illegal automation.

(I know we are boarding breaking the forum rules, so I'll leave any more comments to myself.)
  6. Duder Augur

So, you are skeptical that some one who opens their wallet to get an easy button cheat doesn't extensively understand how said cheat works and how to use it? Happens more often than you'd think, I snipe stuff every month from those traders by manipulating their pricing scripts. (by placing the same item for sale cheaper and identifying their interval so that I can obtain those items with a very narrow window so that I don't risk losing my item for that cheap)

This isn't hokus pokus, you really should do a little homework before accusing people of using 3rd party programs on a live forum.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

What part of "it sounds like B******t to me do you NOT understand? This particular poster has an apparent fetish with bringing up cheat software every chance he gets and creating new threads asking things like "hey DBG, are you have a sale on hax". So my take is he is likely very deeply enmeshed with that cheat community and likely does it himself and derives a thrill out of taunting DBG.

Or maybe he's just a forumquester and doesn't know anything at all
    Garcielle likes this.
  8. Garcielle Journeyman

Most likely reality.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I like to keep posting so DBG can see just how prevalent cheating is in their game for all to see. Whether they do something about it that's another story.

I read up on all items related to everquest just part of the hobby of playing the game.

My friend is the hunter for the bots, he spends like 10 minutes at the end of his play session looking and if we find something interesting we give it a shot.

Bot's don't taunt DBG they sit quietly in out of the way places and never make waves. I'll keep announcing when I see them and were I see them. I enjoy EQ I don't enjoy the waves of automated cheaters.

Maybe you dislike me highlighting those cheats for all to see? It's not like it takes more than minutes to find and start reading about what's going on. :rolleyes:
    Skuz, HoodenShuklak, Risiko and 3 others like this.
  10. Duder Augur

I don't understand how being passionate against cheating equates to those who are passionate against it must be using it.

Google is a powerful tool, I don't cheat, yet I understand the bazaar scripts because the information was publicly available. But somehow, in your mind, that makes me a cheater? Making an accusation towards someone is a heavy thing... Your only evidence is the person's passion against cheating. Which for me holds no water. The accusations are unfounded and not credible because of the reasoning used to come to such conclusions.
    Skuz, Corwyhn Lionheart and Dawdle like this.
  11. Dawdle Augur

I have found a lot of these bots on every server. In fact I think the guy that wrote the trade bot code did this intentionally so that he could take advantage of this also. Starting with null value that needed to be replace any a number would of been easy and forced people to set minimum prices.

DB has been really bad about dealing with these 3rd party botters and the people exploiting VM. I made the choice not to buy the next expansion. There's not point in arguing with people like code-zero on the forums, they are the same people that you are complaining about in game. Don't expect the guys doing this are going to side with your point of view and if you're going to keep playing just keep doing what you can. Sometimes you do get every very lucky with these trader bots.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow. That post says more about you than it does about oldcrakow.
    Skuz, Risiko and Duder like this.
  13. code-zero Augur

I regret nothing
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've seen enough of kracows posts to think hes just sick of being addicted to a great game that has let botters and scripters take advantage of it so much.

A lot of us have friends who felt similar, but instead of drawing attention they simply walk away.

Kracow is simply passionate but not hopeless. Personally, I hope his pleas reach people who can do something, because he's only asking for common sense things. Like you know... banning bots like every single legitimate game does.
    Skuz, Duder and Ghubuk like this.
  15. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Kracow is a AE PLer who sells slots for krono. Up to you to figure out what he does with all that krono.
  16. code-zero Augur

I don't know if you can back that up but it sure would explain a lot
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I have PL'd folks just low levels never 40+ I don't think a 6 box would be capable in any real fashion to AE anything meaningful. Plus the EC tunnel / Baz earns more I think. :p

I horde these useless krono for kicks like an evil dark elf should. :D
    I can post a small fortune to the /baz if you'd like to see. ;)
  18. Risiko Augur

I was laughing when I saw the message saying you are an AE power leveler myself. I don't think they get that you play the buy/sell market more than anything in this game. It was only natural you would be the person to recognize the bazaar bots.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Completely agree... people that play the market game know what this bot behavior does to an economy. Also, if kracow sells it then that makes him part of the problem, but plenty of people just hoard krono. I knew a few that had 500plus and I had absolutely no reason to think they sold them on third party sites.

Some people like the meta game of playing the markets, some tradeskill, etc. Each tlp I've been on there is at least1 person who simply buys krono and resells it and it's very obvious. I imagine these krono hoarders have a lot of clutter on their desks as well.

The issue comes up when this is automated because it is a huge advantage that players cannot mitigate. Greedy botters like the SG 100 man crew on selo did serious damage, and I'm not sure the economy recovered.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  20. haaaalp Augur

G

Thank god. FV doesn't want you in TOV anyway. Sit in the bazaar and brag about how you and your imaginary friends single handedly controlled krono prices on TLP servers.
    code-zero likes this.