I'd argue that the thread is "effectively" feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KapiDanger, Apr 10, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

I just want to be able to give away my old gear. FV is good for recycling, it's good for the environment, and it's good for Norrath.

Everyone would readily admit coirnav was a resounding flop, but if that same tlp was FV it would be way more popular. Maybe fv wouldn't be the greatest server ever, but it would be better than the same old money cash grabs with nothing unique to offer.

If every tlp coming out seemed inspired or thought out things would be entirely different. The ask for FV is low hanging fruit for a company that's been putting out too many servers too close together with almost nothing to differentiate them at times.
    Rarecandy and enclee like this.
  2. Rarecandy Journeyman

At least during the first two expansions much of the most sought after raid drops are droppable items to begin with.

As for the rest of your reply, all of that is already happening on all new TLPs. The fact that they could more easily profit or profit more from a free trade TLP does not make it any more or less "fraudulent" than what's already happening (if that term is even accurate language to begin with).

It's simply another surface-level excuse that seems plausible. They gussy it up when really they just want to keep making clones that require minimal work to re-implement because well, if they're going to make the same profit why choose one that creates any more work than absolutely necessary right?

It's on the audience to push for something different because the money is going to push the devs to create the same thing or close to the same thing with every iteration.
  3. Sikkun Augur

It’s not the trade window. It’s all the CS claims from all the guild members that violate the rules of account sharing and then will steal people’s gear to RMT or just to have. Then the general incentive to steal accounts to strip and sell.
  4. Rarecandy Journeyman

If they were actually concerned about issues such as these and not simply BSing, Krono would not even be a thing. I highly doubt they have a high customer service rating as it is so, something tells me giving automated responses to tickets like this would not make them lose any sleep at night.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Krono is easy to store on a free account....not even close to the same situation.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

There's only one reason they won't do a free trade TLP: They are convinced it will be a customer service nightmare. The rest is just fluff. It doesn't matter if you agree or not.
    oldkracow likes this.