Ice of Velious

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by demoria7, Oct 7, 2018.

1. demoria7 Elder

Working on TS. Tried a lot of the places listed in Alla for Ice of Velious. Only seems to drop in Twilight Sea from the elemental s at an extremely rare (hours and hours killing) drop. Anyone know another good place to camp it?
  2. Dreadmore Augur

Some places suggest the second floor of the Tower of Frozen Shadow, the one with all the Erudite ghosts.

I'm sure it is a global random (within some level range maybe) and I just got lucky, but I've farmed for a single ice of velious there twice, and one dropped within three clears on both times.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

best place still stay Twilight Sea
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Agree.

Plus Tower of Frozen Shadows is really lonely. I don't like that zone anymore (loved it when it was a current zone). It takes less than a minute to kill all the ghosts in the library and then there's nothing to do or see until they repop again.

At least in Twilight Sea you get run around a bit and they're almost always popping elementals somewhere on the island.
  5. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

I've gotten some from Everfrost peaks and Permafrost. I think its a global low level drop tho. I have them on my trader from time to time. What are they for?
  6. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Used in a bunch of baking and brewing recipes to make ice cream and what not as well as a couple of blacksmithing recipes. Need all the recipes possible to get to 350 of each skill.

Incidentally, one of the blacksmith recipes is also for required the smithing portion of the Artisan's Prize.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Rickate Augur

Mistmoore is good for occasionally tabbing over and clearing the zone. Caves in Shadeweaver's Thicket if you feel more productive with more constant activity.

The best source if you're high level or have more money than time is Bazaar, offer 100k in /buyer, ;general and /auc and you're paying something like $1 on most servers per Ice. So an hour killing in some low level zone, $1 or killing level appropriate mobs for relevant TS items or attunable gear to generate 100k.
  9. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

I am on Xegony when i came back after a 2-3 year break, I seen most buyers had a 1kp price for it with one buyer randomly showing up for brief periods at 10kp an ice. I set my buyer at 10kp and most other buyers matched haven't received a single ice yet. Luckily before I left I had banked 22 of these. Wish I had hoarded more. Looks like the total needed is 54 of them according to eqtraders. Still haven't got around to going for the 350 yet in anything. Been regearing getting AAs and levels and trying to catch up on what to make and sell in the bazaar.
  10. Stephsanity Augur

OOT Gobby Islands is 2. I usually get a ice every 1 to 2 clears so about every 30 mins or so hope this helps.
  11. forsaken2297 New Member

twilight sea elementals
  12. Gana Augur

I get them in Sol A. I think I have sold 6 @ 30k each on Bertox. Price is down to 17.5k now, so holding on to them. =(
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You don't need 54. Get a gnome tinkered ice churn or whatever it is, can turn one ice of velious into a bunch of ice (temporary), just have your combines ready to use them all since they will poof when you log and you can't park them in your parcels anymore.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

There are 'identical' recipes that use both the temp ice made from the Dihydrous Oxide Glaciator and the Ice of Velious. It's not one-or-the-other as while they essentially make the same item they are counted as two separate recipes.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  15. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

To clarify and follow up the Dihydrous Oxide Glaciator doesn't run off of ice of velious it runs off 7 water flasks (yields 80 temporary ice). The tinkered tool does require 1 empowered ice of velious (research combine) to create initially but once you have one you can make all the temporary ice you want.

I think the combine you're referencing is turning 1 empowered ice of velious into temporary ice (yield 70) is also an option but I wouldn't recommend it. It will get expensive in a hurry to use an ice of velious each time and you'll have to use up your temporary ice before you log and they poof.

Standing offer: I have a Dihydrous Oxide Glaciator on Tunare and will gladly make whoever all the temporary ice you want. You need about 150 temporary ice to cover all the baking and brewing recipes that require it.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  16. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

If counted as two separate recipes, it sounds like I need to all of each now. is this correct?
  17. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

That's mostly correct.

You can probably get to 350 avoiding most of the ice of veilous recipes but it would be rough.

If you search chocolate ice cream on eqtraders you'll see there are two different versions (ice of velious and temporary ice) and both count towards 350.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=16412&menustr=035000000000
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

Don't forget the old tried-and-true standby of vendor diving. I bought at least one ice from 3 of the 5 LDoN camps' vendors last night (I tend to vendor dive occasionally, but I also always try to do it just before a patch).
  19. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Thanks guys, I will check those vendors too now from time to time, never know could luck out.
  20. svann Augur

Don't forget to /buyer in bazaar. I get lots of TS mats there.