Iboxer now illegal on ALL Servers and will result in termination?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tudadar, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudadar Augur

When I noticed that you can play a different server along with phin on the same computer I wondered if it would be ok to use iboxer on the regular ( non phin ) server in the background so I sent in a support ticket. I was told by a GM that iboxer and all third party software is illegal and will result in account action. I thought the Gm was wrong since in the faq here it seems to show iboxer being allowed on the other servers and not on phin plus there was a post several months back saying iboxer was ok ( around the launch of lockjaw/rage ) so I asked for the ticket to be escalated to the people in charge after providing links. The Lead GM got back to me and I was told they do not tolerate the use of iboxer and detection may result in account termination with no recompense of any kind and the ticket was closed.

So now we have a problem. On the forums it seems like iboxer on normal servers ( any non phinigel server ) is allowed ( from a couple dev posts ) but gm's and lead GM is saying its not and will result in termination with no compensation. People need to know what the deal is with this so if its against the rules they arent putting their non phinigel accounts at risk over something they never heard about.

Im not really sure about the dev vs GM dynamic but I would guess that GMs are the ones that do the punishment and devs arent going to waste their times overturning suspensions/bans/terminations because they actually have to spend time improving the game. Did I miss a update or something?

If it is against the rules and illegal id hope for a update as I hope most of the people using it wouldnt want to cheat / risk termination like people using other certain software. I'd imagine over a thousand accounts and a very sizeable portion of lockjaw/ragefire would currently be using this since it was stated as being allowed.

However if the gm's were wrong I would like to know if background eq's can isbox on a different server while playing EQ normally on phinigel. Thanks

Reference #

151217-000209
    if this is believe to be a fake post.
  2. BulletCatcher Journeyman

Why not just play the game and not try to automate it? You're killing the social aspect of EQ friend. I still love you though.
    Simone and PathToEternity like this.
  3. Syrup Augur

4. Darth Augur

Good, put the cheat detection software on all servers.

First step to saving people's childhood.
  5. Weverley Augur

Back to boxer alt tabbing or using 1 pc per account.Eh electronics stores should see a big boost on sales.
  6. Jaime Lannister Augur

Same as always.

3rd party programs are illegal, and will always be illegal.

You will never get in trouble for using them if you are not partaking in active hacks, or afk automation.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Drathus Augur

Q: What Things Are Not Allowed on This Server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
    • Playing on virtual machines.
    • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.
    [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is fine on all servers except Phini as long as you are there actively playing. This has already been answered a few times.

Because they actively scan for 3rd party programs on Phini, you will not be able to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] on any server while playing on Phini - that is my assumption.

I doubt DBG will respond to anything relating to detection on Phini, as they will not give any information on what, when , where, or how this is taking place because it would give information to those people trying to circumvent the process.
    Tudadar likes this.
  8. Nickatropolis Augur

"Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you're not at your keyboard."

So basically, you can use 3rd party software on any server aside from Phinny, that automates actions, as long as you are at your keyboard. This includes Ragefire/Lockjaw.
  9. Tudadar Augur

Yeah the phin and any server from the FAQ was what I had in my ticket copy pasted and even the link but either they ignored it or didnt read it / knew nothing about it / disregarded it. It kinda seems like GM's and devs have completely different stances on it. The response from the lead GM surprised me.
  10. Weverley Augur

I would think if you don't have a character log on Phinny while playing other servers and you are not playing afk you should be fine.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

"Officer, I know the speed limit is 55, but you wouldn't pull me over if I was going 60 would you?"
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

13. Poydras Augur

14. Elrhon New Member

i know this is a late to the party reply but....

I really wish people would stop saying 'its illegal to use this program to'... NO.. its not illegal. It's against the rules set by the company. Being against a companies terms of service and being ILLEGAL are two vastly different things. You won't go to jail because you got caught using 3rd party programs to to assist and/or cheat in a game and were banned. You'll simply be banned. lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.