I wouldn't mind a Luclin-locked TLP with Mischief Rules.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Montag Augur

I feel like if you're gonna permanently stop anywhere, Luclin is the place to do it. It maximizes the amount of relevant content at max level for solo, group and raid.

Every other expac going forward shrinks the world to where only the latest expac's content is relevant. But in Luclin you have loot from classic, kunark, velious and luclin that is still relevant.

Sucks no berserkers but I think it would have even more legs than Agnarr, because PoP really made everything before it irrelevant other than some clickies in VT.

It's keeps all the most iconic content relevant forever and would be great for nostalgia players and all the people who don't have time for the unending grind.

Am I overlooking some other point with a bigger set of relevant content?

Also, maybe let it launch directly in Luclin so people can start as beastlords, iksar and vah shir. Maybe not, just spitballin' on this part.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

PoP is the better stopping point because, iirc, LoY was one of the peak sub counts in EQ history. And now PoP and LoY launch together.

Luclin is regarded very poorly for a lot of casual players because of the shard farm and trash clear in VT.
    Runes, Sanduleak and Appren like this.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

Imagine clearing VT for....ever, the pain is real.
    Tucoh, Ythera and Lineater like this.
  4. Montag Augur

We already have a successful PoP-locked server though.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Right... but that wasnt the question you asked. Also, while agnarr was most likely a success until PoP, I would be curious to know how the company feels about it. Personally, I think Agnarr is great, as it exists for people who want the locked playstyle and just wanna be BIS on a bunch of alts.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't we see requests to unlock some more expansions on Agnarr from time to time?
    code-zero likes this.
  7. topple good idea generator

I vote for a TLP that stops right before Classic releases.
    Xhartor, Tucoh, Dre. and 3 others like this.
  8. Sabra Lorekeeper

haha
  9. Trox2010 Augur

They should make the keys to enter zones a 1 time use only, so everytime you want to go raid you have to farm up a new key.

Edit: and if the Experimental feature for this year's TLP will be the P2W loot boxes then they can go all in and just sell all of the key pieces on the Marketplace as an added bonus.
  10. Brildon Augur

If it's an era locked server, do you really even need the mischief ruleset? It's been great to keep up with gearing as xpacks go, but you stay at luclin, you'll be bored twice as fast as you would be on a normal server.

Just go play on Agnarr IMO, people still sprinkle in luclin raids here and there.
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Make a way to era lock a character and sell unlockers for when you want to remove/change it instead of dedicating a server to it. Then you could be in a "tour group" until everyone is ready to visit the next destination or never leave the nostalgia bubble.
  12. coltongrundy Augur

that would get so boring so fast
  13. Crabman Augur

I love Luclin. I love the raids. I love the gear and the itemization. I love the addition of beastlords. I love that velious and kunark still have BiS items to go get. I love that focus effects are unlocked to further add to customization. I love that some raids can be done with 6 and still have relevant drops. And its the wizard and ranger show! The only time in the game that these two are fighting for top dps.

I wish every day that Agnarr stopped at luclin because the addition of pop ruined all of that. Every item from pre pop became useless, every zone in pre pop became useless once 65, and the entirety of the game became pok and pot... The only items you really want are from time and to me that feels lame.

So all this said of course I would love a luclin locked server and dont think the fact that we already got agnarr 6 years ago should have any bearing on that decision because of how completely the game changes with pop. I also do not think that if we did get a locked anything server that it should have mischief ruleset. Mischief ruleset is all about catching up. Free trade makes it so easy to catch up or restart if you take a break and that is what I think is the real reason for its success. But on a locked server I really dont think you should be able to "catch up" or gear out an alt in 1 trip to the bazaar. Thats sorta against the mentality of a locked server.

But all that said.. I doubt we will see any more "locked" servers. They dont have a place to merge. The more locked servers, the more servers they will keep open. If they did some sort of locked until shut down, or merge into a server that is a bit past it, then we might see it as an option again. But if they lock at luclin, then lock another at tss like people have called for, then lock at omens, they would just keep having more servers that never merge into live, increasing the amount of servers they have to maintain each year.
    Montag likes this.
  14. Jedis Arch Mage

Luclin is a bad place to stop. Agnarr is already low population, and we are locked at PoP/LDON.

Come join us on Agnarr, all guilds are always looking for more!
  15. Montag Augur

Agree so much :)
    Sanduleak likes this.
  16. Montag Augur

Luclin is the best place to stop because it's the only place where you have 4 eras worth of content all still that viable.
    Sanduleak likes this.
  17. Montag Augur

Ya there are always people who join a server with declared rules and then ask for those rules to be changed.
  18. Schwifty Journeyman

I second this.

Lock the server at Luclin but unlock the AA from future expansions every month if possible. Would give you something to do on the server and would allow raids with fewer players as the numbers dropped off.
  19. Triconx Augur

But you wouldn't be able to buy the AAs because they have a required level than 60.
  20. Xeris Augur

Kinda quibble with classic and Kunark being relevant during Luclin. There would be no reason really to raid anything other than VT in a Luclin locked server. Maybe Ntov from time to time.

Even Agnarr right now has Potime, LDON, and VT for some chase items/clicks.

There'd be no reason to raid classic ever, no reason to raid Kunark, maybe some reason to raid NTOV....

I actually think DON would be a much better choice. In don you have all that content and Anguish is still very good, and Tacvi still has some relevancy. Also there's real good group content to do and keep non raiders entertained, and you've got Epic 1.5 and 2.0s, almost all of which are going to be insanely relevant for every single class. That's a TON to do. Plus you get the benefit of a locked experience, i.e. really max your chars, no pressure to take breaks/etc.

I think don era is far superior to Luclin and even POP/LDON. It's basically a better point than pop/ldon, and in my experience from Vaniki POR seems like where the stat bloat really starts to kick off, which for me is a big turn off.