I wont come back untill enchanters are nerfed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Hinastorm Elder

Charm is, has been, and in its current iteration, always will be, OP AF (In the eras where it is relevent).

You can argue all day that it it part of EQ, part of the experience, that may be true, and that is fine. It is still OP AF. Arguing otherwise is disingenuous.
  2. Bobsmith Augur

Even the title of this thread is against forum guidelines, Roxx please lock and delete.
  3. snailish Augur

Let's forget the way this was titled and pitched for a second.

If the OP had said:

Let's make progression more challenging by era-locking some classes:

Monk is locked until Kunark.
    Mage is locked until Velious.
    Enchanter is locked until PoP.

Radical yes, any merit? Only merit if it could just be done on one server vs. forever after being all progression? Or the new worst idea ever? (fun title to go for).
  4. Poledo_EQ Elder

My question still stands. Who is Kanuvan, and why do we care if he comes back?
  5. snailish Augur

Fair question.

Whether well-known or silent, one player isn't significant to the game's health either as a sub or point of view.

One player making an ultimatum or protest doesn't really amount to anything unless massive support rallies to the cause. Without such a rally, the community may even be better off without that malcontent... as an outlier making demands shouldn't rule the agenda.

However, any player could make an interesting suggestion that is good for the overall game. This thread actually does have some interesting bits to it, if one finds talking about balance and things that may never happen interesting.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  6. Turinbar Augur

Whoever is saying Warriors can't get groups as a tank is out of their minds. I played a warrior and would get tells for groups almost as soon as I logged in.
  7. Tsar Journeyman

LOL, So because you dont play one, monks, chanters, and Mages all need to be nerfed because they are not allowed to be good? Monks probably do need to be tuned down a touch, but charmed pets have been the best DPS in all pre-GoD content for like 18 years, if you are not used to it by now, i don't know what to tell you. It could even be that way after GoD, i dunno, i always skip that content.
  8. Tornicade_IV Augur

The agnarr crying... annoys me sometimes.
    Charming mob is a class defining ability.
    Chanters are one of the weakest melee classes yet they take the most hits of all the silk casters
    Chanters pets don't really come off age until after the chanter charm mob dps reduction nerf. the reason for the nerfs was because Player and Mob dps had come to a significant gap in scaling.
    Chanters charming was not "just for raiders in raid zones" as someone has implied . Making the spells required simply acquiring 2 tradeable pages . My chanter during that era had the spell and he certainly did not raid.

Enchanters aren't out tanking anyone
    Enchanters aren't out nuking Wizzies
    Enchanters aren't out dotting Necros
    They have a Charm spell and it should be effective. it should be manageable and its within the role of and scope of the class.
  9. Scrax Elder

Lol Charm pets out tank melees in classic, they literally had to change raid bosses so that people wouldn't use charm pets

Charm pets do more damage than a wizard in classic

Charm pets do more dmg than a necro i classic.

The charm spell is more than just "effective" in classic.

Enchanters are the most tanky of the int casters (ignoring necros being iksars/having FD).

The problem which you skimmed over is that enchanters are overpowered in classic-velious. They should be nerfed.
  10. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

what about necros? they can charm and DOT! RES! GIVE MANA! EVAC! DIVINE BARRIER! SLOW! MEZ! CALM! INVIS AND IVU! SELF HEAL! GROUP HEAL! OVERPOWERED!!!

ok can we stop n0w
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah it's BS that other classes can do stuff. They should like...all be the same, equal....but somehow still different. Identical...but still unique!
  12. Umul Augur

Fail thread, how can I main a druid if i can’t charm on my enchanter box?

Yeah thats right, I main the sh_t out of a druid, screw casting haste and clarity 1000 times a raid. If everyone brought their own crack-bot noone would have to wait! =P