I wont come back untill enchanters are nerfed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Feb 20, 2018.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That's not enchanter charm being risky....

That's the group being risky because they are over zealous or unskilled or just crazy....

Enchanter charm is only risky if you go afk, other than that it's 100% easy mode
  2. Risiko Augur

I've seen plenty of enchanters get destroyed on charm breaks at just the wrong time. While a well geared attentive enchanter has a lower chance of being killed by charms, it's not a given.

If you earn the gear and spend the time to perfect your skills, then why shouldn't your risk be lower. It's the player's time and effort that is making up the difference between bad charmer and good charmer.

To me, that's perfectly acceptable.

I don't consider anything over powered unless it is repeatable with a near 0% chance of failure by the worst skilled players. In other words, if the ability to win is innate by simply clicking the CREATE button at character creation, then it's over powered.

If the ability to win consistently is based on your time and effort gearing your character and your learned skills in playing your character, then that is not over powered.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Your definition of overpowered is "god mode" or it's not OP. Not my cup of tea when it comes to thinking something is OP.

I'll just say keep playing, and I'll wait until a more suitable TLP comes with better rules and challenges, since I've already done candy crush easy mode once too many times.
  4. BearmanSW Elder

My experience has been if you're anything except a druid, necro, or wizard, you have a pretty good chance of getting a group.

Some min/max groups look down on:

Warriors as Tanks
    Rangers / Rogues as DPS
    Shamans as Healers
    Bards as CC

But that doesn't mean they can't get groups fairly easily.

Most groups like to have:

SK / Pal Tank
    Monks / Mages / Enc (charm) for DPS
    Cleric Healer
    Enchanter CC

But truthfully, with how powerful players are these days and with most high-prized camps being limited in size, almost any combination is within arms reach of a min/max group.
  5. Risiko Augur

LOL come on man. You're referring to playing an enchanter in Everquest as Candy Crush... you don't really believe that :p
  6. Grum New Member

Mostly SK & not Paladins lol. Paladins get laughed at all the time on Agnarr... Sadly, they need an upgrade for hate in my personal opinion besides stun spells.. Warriors have become the best beyond level 50 with disciplines & they're the best raid tanks.. Everyone loves SK for group tanks but idk... I had a tough time with groups as a monk, seemed as if rangers got groups because there were no tanks LFG, so they'd tank with Flame Lick, there were more shamans than clerics in groups I've experienced on TPS.. Bards & Chanters always CC and picked for groups.. Mages were picked for DPS bc of their pet glitches of 400+ damage... Wizards are best spell DPS, always will be. There were too many Rogues, Shamans & Mages honestly on Agnarr...
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you think exp groups prefer warriors them you're with some pretty trash knights... i would take ranger over warrior for tanking in pugs.
  8. fransisco Augur

Funny. There are ALWAYS threads about nerfing casters on TLP.
    But you never see much said about all the OP melee needing to be nerfed.

Go away troll. Shooo!
  9. Baldur Augur

Charm starts getting less powerful in GoD and goes down from there.

I know Agnarr will never see GoD, but it does eventually get less powerful for them if you play on other TLP servers.
  10. Scrax Elder

11. snailish Augur

"Fixing" charm is actually kind of complex:

-resist check changes made years ago make a huge difference. No idea how messing with these again would scale up or what else it would break changing it. Charm is not as risky as it once was.

-bringing the OoW era charmed NPC nerf backwards onto earlier content would likely be a lot of work and upset more people than it pleases.

-making more NPC charm and/or mez immune might actually make sense (i.e., with some named this could lessen some other kinds of drama... maybe) as a tick up of content difficulty, especially in dungeons, could overall be healthier for progression. But this is a mob-by-mob adjustment... so kind of unlikely. Unless they make another whole race charm or mez immune but putting that onto GoD-prior content is a radical change (unless it is Kerrans... but then it is kind of pointless).

-removing enchanter (and other charm class) survivability tools is basically asking for class-damaging nerfs. Players know how to play so much more now... lots of people were scared to play chanters back in the day. Maybe there is a spell-blocking angle that can be thought up where charm can't be cast on an NPC... but making this not worse-abusable than what we have... I dunno.

-Players know how to gear up, and good gear is readily available. More risk playing as a naked or poorly geared enchanter after all... so unless the server is going to have all gear nodrop?

Phinny is kind of past the point where it feels like enchanters are everywhere. Maybe just play there?
  12. Incineration New Member

A well played chanter deserves everything he gets.
  13. Baldur Augur

Also the revamp to research made it much easier to get enchanter charms, especially in classic.

In the old research system, the pages for Allure only dropped in raid zones. Now with the pelts you can just go to elite goblin isle in OOT and get a pelt to make Allure. Back in the day Allure was rare for an enchanter to have, now it's super easy to get.
  14. Hirbow Augur

...the only problem is there is really no risk to charming nowadays. do you remember why no one used charm back in Kunark/Velious originally. Because that thing would break all the god damn time and wipe you and your group or drain you of mana. There's so little risk vs.reward nowadays with charm compared to how it was before.
  15. Tachyon Augur

Enchanters are overrated!! I can't even remember how many times I've been in an enchanter group with my Necro and something goes wrong. We spend 45 minutes getting things back together. Half the time the group folds. They're damage per hour of grouping isn't what it's cracked up to be!
  16. Poledo_EQ Elder

Wait, who is Kanuvan? Why do we care if he comes back?
    Ronzark likes this.
  17. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

What a silly argument... today's EQ is very different from EQ when these expansions were current... so which is the "correct" EQ to you? The resist code was a lot less forgiving back when the current era was Vanilla-PoP, and charm was less reliable (but also still too strong). There's a reason that charm is nerfed in later expansions, and that nerf should probably become retroactive.

It also doesn't help that Enchanters have the best griefing tools available to them with charm/gate, memblur, etc. Not that big of a deal when this game had a play nice policy and customer service to enforce it, but now you have TLP servers where not only is a single Enchanter stronger than a full group, but they also have the ability to kill and do pretty much whatever they want without anyone having any ability to stop them.
  18. Domniatric Augur

Charm is a powerful tool. But, it is very situational. In raiding scenarios charm is often not viable because of a mechanic or it adds an element of risk that most raid leaders don't like (pets on the loose interrupting healers comes to mind). Enchanters are amazing group players. But really lackluster in raiding. And while a good enchanter can solo without a box it is a bit risky. All in all enchanter shine in certain situations and really suck in others. That is how the classes were designed in Everquest and that is what makes classes unique. You threatening to rage quit over the thing enchanters shine at is childish. It's like me saying I am going to rage quit because warriors tank so darn well. If you think charm is so cool then play an enchanter. You might change your mind when you can't go take a piss or leave the computer or look away from the screen for 15 seconds because it would risk wiping a group or killing you.
  19. Time Burn Augur

The game is mostly box crews anyways - who cares what classes it consists of this week.
  20. Time Burn Augur

Make a true 1 box server, problem solved.