I wont come back untill enchanters are nerfed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kanuvan, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Kanuvan Elder

The whole point of EQ1 is to group with friends, not solo everything in the game with an enchanter/cleric box
  2. Zansobar Augur

Let's be clear here...you actually mean until charm is fixed. That affects more than Enchanters...it is a problem with the actual charm spell for enchanters, druids, necros...any others? I agree though charm should be fixed so charmed mobs are not the best dps in the game. Of course they also need to fix monks (so they aren't the best melee dps as that should be rogues) and mage pets so they aren't as high dps as they currently sit too.
  3. ayoforYayoh Augur

A necro can solo better than that box, In classic.

Remove necromancers or we ALL quit!!
    Dezzax and Felicite like this.
  4. jack of all trades Elder

Soo.. Can I has your stuffz?
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Charm has such high DPS because mobs typically do more DPS than a player. They balance this by having charm be chaotic and variable. Not only does your DPS slow to 0 when charm breaks, your tank and top DPS turns on you as well. So there is some risk involved. Far more risk than a 6-man group would ever face.

Charm remains top DPS from Classic-GoD up until Vxed/Tipt. At which point is basically becomes useless as all mobs have a beyond that point take around a 33% DMG penalty while charmed. For the first about 3-4months it will be useful after that it won't be so much.
  6. Zansobar Augur

Charm is way too easy to control..now IF charm was indeed very dangerous it might be balanced, but currently it doesn't break enough to be much of a worry.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

If you change the rules of checkers to allow skipping squares or moving your pieces in a direction other than the contemporary, it ceases to be checkers and becomes a completely different game.

So let's be clear here, you don't want to play EQ at all. You want to play a different game using EQ's engine, a game of your own design. And what you're doing right now his throwing a childish "ill just hold my breath until I get what I want" tantrum because you seem to be under a misguided impression that you're the authority on what EQ is supposed to be and not be.

If you want to play a game, play it. If you don't, then don't. But don't expect everybody to just drop what they're doing and cater to your whims. Your entitlement complex is off the charts right now, and you should probably reel yourself in before it starts to spread to other aspects of your life and manifests into a serious personality disorder.
    Dezzax, Chatoyan, MaxTheLion and 3 others like this.
  8. Risiko Augur

^ This. Very well stated.
  9. fransisco Augur

Can I have your stuff?
    Its too bad your SUPER overpowered sk/ranger/monk/warrior/beastlord/mage has competition for being strong...

TLPs have no balance.
  10. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Wiggle fingers not so strong as you tink. Ogre see snooty elfie wiggle finger try to make dragon pet, dragon cook elfie then eat (Ogre very jealous). Ogre see snooty elfie wiggle finger try to make giant pet, giant bash elfie on head while elfie keep saying "STUN! STUN! MEZ! STUN!". Then giant put elfie on spit, eat with friends (Ogre less jealous, Ogre not like share).

Wiggle fingers very strong against froggy. this is true. Get much less strong when leave Kunark. See some wiggle finger charm big head alien in Luclin, but not find it so strong.

Ogre think Kanuvan should play game more before offer advice or demand.
    Laynie and Poledo_EQ like this.
  11. Coppercoz Augur

Careful what you wish for. There is a raid mob in GoD designed around enchanter charming and OMM is made easier with charm pets.

Once you get past Fire in PoP, charm becomes very limited. I don’t recall a chanter charming an in xp group in LONG time. I’m sure it happens, but it’s just not nearly as prevalent.
  12. Fohpo Augur

Had one charming in RoS yesterday, though I know it's not common in certain expansions. There's a defend waxing and waning to the power curve, but I don't think it's completely ruining the early game anymore than people wanting to stack mages and refuse everything else would.
  13. Diadem New Member

I agree. I feel obligated to play a chanter yet again this time around just because of how incredibly OP charm is. I would much prefer to play something else but I like being as efficient as possible.
  14. FattyBearsteaks New Member

That seems like a silly excuse. There are gonna be about a bajillion people playing Enchanter. I see no reason why you can't just play what you want and get in groups where enchanters are gonna be?

And besides, Charm is definitely good, but i wouldn't say it's OP. The damage output you get is unmatched, but that comes with the insane risk of it breaking. I can't tell you how many times playing an enchanter i get a bad break, and it literally causes the group to wipe.

Charm being OP is based off your gear, your group, tash level, malo level, the level of the pet, how good of an enchanter you are, etc, etc. It's a spell that actually does take some skill to manage. Hard to call something OP that can absolutely destroy a group/raid in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
  15. phattoni Augur

boohoo, a class is op for a few expansions, try charming at level 110, mobs do 1/4 dps they do uncharmed.

and why am i not surprised, tlp community calling for more nerfs to live servers, this is getting old fast.
    fransisco and MaxTheLion like this.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

60 levels and never did I once die to a charm break.

I've been in groups where it was 4 enchanters + 1 cleric + whatever and it was just easy mode.

Charm is far far far away from risky unless you afk a ton.

Heck when I box my group I always have a charmed pet and act as the puller and it's super easy mode.

Let's not pretend there is risk like there was back in 99.
  17. Poledo_EQ Elder

It's funny, this was one thing I hated doing as an enchanter on live back in the day. I'd much rather have a group. I felt more useful and much more safe! I never liked charm playstyle. I'd never crap all over someone else enjoying it either!
  18. FattyBearsteaks New Member

Sure, 4 enchanters is always gonna be easier, cause you're not forcing one person to mez/haste/clarity AND keep a charm pet. You have an enchanter for literally every position, and they can all have charm pets because there's always 3 other people there to watch their back, but when you have one enchanter, with a sub par composition, and people who have no idea how to play their class, which is 90% of groups, there is absolutely risk to it.

I've played as a completely BIS geared enchanter on one of these prog servers, if the people around me don't know how to handle that situation, there's still a much higher chance of me dying, especially due to how gung-ho everyone gets about pulling, which unless i have a bard mana battery, i'm gonna be doing 6 pulls on 10% mana.

I have never died JUST to my charm breaking. Ever. I've played an enchanter to 60 on both agnarr and Phinny. I die because my charm will break during a pull, or my charm will break and i won't get healing from a bad healer, or my tank won't be able to taunt it off long enough for me to get a charm off, or dumb rogues start backstabbing my pet while i'm mezzing it.

So yes, there absolutely is risk to it, especially when you're putting Swift like the Wind on it, like most people expect you to in classic.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

Basically charm is risky when you play with incompetent buffoons.

Spoiler alert that's not the charm you're dying to.
    snailish and Chatoyan like this.
  20. Grum New Member

I plan to play a Warrior.. but yes if you don't play a tank, healer or enchanter you won't get a group in these time progression servers, some rangers, mages & bards got real lucky.. other classes sit for an hour or two before getting tells to join.. Big issue in TPS.. or make the expansions slower to release? 1 or the other?