I Want to Play EQ In Its Entirety

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by drew0987654, Jun 29, 2014.

1. LordOfTheWings New Member

I have agree that more people will probably join if they get to play what they want, but there will be those who WANT to see each class represented and won't mind taking up what's left over - like this guy right here, me! This group is still in an embryonic stage and compromises will be made before we begin our journey.

Also, got a friend who is interested in resubbing and joining up with us!
  2. LordOfTheWings New Member

Thanks for the heads up! This group may take a while to assemble while they advance - it will add that old school feel :cool:
  3. drew0987654 Augur

I'm still not sure if we'll be doing it on trakanon or vulak or what, since we'd be starting from lvl 1 though this can be decided at a later date. I'm sure others know better than me what server would be best so this is also a reason why it should be left open for now. trak is my best guess.

I thought with the variety of classes we'd have a great proportion of dps/healer/tank, I wouldn't think there'd be a "trinity" problem.... also, it's been pointed out that 16 ppl isn't enough which is why we'll need multiple groups of 16 for the purposes of raiding.

I'm no programmer either, but if anyone was willing to create a website or a forum for that purpose I'd be more than happy.

I really wouldn't have thought so either, but it seems like only since I mentioned the idea of going through the game with a group of 1 of each class ppl started to take a lot more interest. it does have more of an "epic" quality to it even if it seems a little too ambitious (but maybe that's the attraction). even after we have our group of 16 though, we'll still need more groups of 16 so ppl who want to do it aren't necessarily limited in the class they want. they can always just sign up for the next group if they want a specific class so badly.

Paul McCartney, is that you?
  4. Darkscis New Member

Don't forget you are going to need a lot of clerics for CH chains if you are locking yourself down to in-era gear, levels and spells. Druids and Shaman didn't really catch up for quite some time, they were mainly relegated to group heal duties and splash healing the tank.

Edit: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/lost-in-progression.206257/
    You should check these guys out, this is the progression guild already on Trakanon I was talking about. Seems they are currently in Shadows of Luclin so they haven't moved too far into things just yet. If you are interested in playing the way it was meant to be played but not running the guild yourself it might be a good chance to join these guys and go from there?
  5. drew0987654 Augur

they're too far along, I'd rather not solo up to SoL b4 catching up with them. and realistically, by the time I did that they'd be in LDoN or beyond....

since the rules and idea has changed so much since the OP, do you think a new thread would be uncalled for?