I want an extra day added to my All-Access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuddlebutts, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triconix Augur

A better analogy would be paying $15 to get into an all you can eat buffet expecting to eat steak, the restaurant not having steak, then complaining about it and wanting compensation.

I don't care what their intention was when they paid for it. They paid for a subscription to DPG's services which means they paid for all their games and all the work they do in order to keep the games running. If they don't like it, they can find something else to spend their money on. Acting like a Karen isn't going to get them anything but disdain in the face of public opinion.

And issues arise all the time during production changes. From what I saw, they followed their SOPs and resolved the issue while informing the community of any updates. That's perfectly acceptable for me and any reasonable person.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

And...at this restaurant...to get in the door...you have to acknowledge they don't always have steak...you have no rights to steak they may have...they can make modifications to said steak at any time with or without notice...etc...etc. They told you all that...you agreed...but now you are yelling at the hostess cause you can't have steak.
  3. dreadlord Augur

Nope - the steak really doesn't work. For 20 years I have paid for EQ. Someone throws some random tat in with that - fair enough- doesn't mean I have to use it or appreciate it.
    A more apt restaurant analogy would be paying for a vegetarian restaurant and finding there is nothing a veggie can eat on the menu. Sure there is food! But nothing you want.

The issue is simple. Folks paid for a thing. Some people don't mind not getting the thing they wanted/paid for (perhaps they're the ones who wouldn't have been putting in a solid 10/20 hrs playtime during that downtime?). Some folks do mind not getting what they paid for. The folks who don't mind are shouting at the ones who do mind and demanding that they shut up and suck it up. I'm still baffled as to why the 'don't minds' are so offended that someone should have a different opinion from them
    Zamiam likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

this thread has definitely run it's course and is now locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.