I want an extra day added to my All-Access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuddlebutts, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The real Sandaormo Augur

I vote no on extra exp ( too hard to keep clicking glyphs =( ). I prefer to just move along.

20 year old video game, fighting old code and old servers. I am sure its not easy making everything match up. Do I like down times? I don't. Am I going to flail my arms in the air, write a 6 paragraph rant, demand some free exp or an extra day added to my subscription? no

Just watch some Netflix. Try Ozark or the Office or Wrong Missy ( dumb movie but the girl that plays Missy makes it worth a watch ).

Zoom call your Mom and relax....
    Triconix likes this.
  2. Intenso Augur

I got a week added
  3. Pawtato Augur

No, I won't do another dang Zoom call. I don't wanna.
  4. dreadlord Augur

Does anybody who writes this stuff actually * think* ? I'm sure everyone whose mother has died from Covid19 over recent weeks would love to be able to call them, but......
    So many folk just think about their own world - you have enough exp so you don't want anyone else to get a boost; your mum is alive; you're all right

(patronising folk re dumb television choices isn't so great either, but not actually in the same league)
    Nennius likes this.
  5. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Say it ain't so! I shudder to think such a thing. It's just ghastly! o0

People beat the hell out of vending machines for less. Of course now of days the product in vending machines are getting ridiculously expensive...

It's not my fault it seems to be put on random and half is at font level 2 and the other half at 4 and then quotes are basically invisible due to how it came out. ^^!
  6. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Maybe this is a myth, but there was supposedly an older gentleman who was driving an RV. He supposedly put it on cruise control, presumably on a flat stretch of road. He got up to take his medication (that is alarming in itself...) and after a little while (surprisingly it was not sooner) it crashed. He sued. I forget if he sued the bottle/medicine company or the RV for not stating he should not do that, maybe he sued both. Now whether he won or not is also a different matter. Like I said it may be a myth, but dumber things have happened.

Personally she should not of spilled hot coffee on herself. It was not like the drive thru window person dumped it on her by accident. It was the customer's own fault. That is like falling off a roof of a sky scraper and then whining, if it was even possible after the fact, that the building was too high. Like WTF!? But was it malfunctioning equipment at that particular place or all McDonald's coffee was really that hot?

I am a bit embarrassed more people are not up in arms over it. Like "Ehhh... what ever... it's nothing new. It happens all the time." The mind set of some people is truly boggling at times. Anything else even remotely close to this, even less then this would have people in an uproar. And the word entitled is woefully incorrect. A paying customer is not entitled. They paid for it. And since this is nothing new, it makes the experience all the worse. Oh and do not even bring age into this because some of you elderly people are truly the worst! ^^!

So they can do something else to compensate instead of just shrugging their shoulders and washing their hands of the matter. For paying customers of course.
    dreadlord likes this.
  7. Moege Augur

Personally what she got was not near enough.

The coffee was not hot it was scalding, her clothes had to be actually cut off. Stirring straws melted at the temperature they served it at. They served it at that temperature across all the chains there was no malfunction it was a conscious decision and policy. Even if it was malfunctioning they still bear the responsibility of not serving it up.

Lets expand your skyscraper analogy a bit.
    This is like falling off a roof of a sky scraper after the safety gear provided was inadequate and then whining.

Like WTF why would you not be seeing a lawyer. Go read up the case not just what the media wants you to believe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants
    At the bottom you will find links to the actual lawsuit.

PS. Companies used this to take away some more of your rights.
    PPS. It was the customer's own fault. The jury found that she was 20% at fault
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I vote everyone who feels so strongly about a refund get together on a zoom call and spend the next week talking about it. (Please post videos)

The rest of us will just play EQ.
    Triconix, Lannin and Thebomb like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

You're comparing somebody who lost a loved one due to COVID-19 to losing a potential 48 hours playing a video game and wanting double exp out of it? You have issues, dude. Like you should seek psychiatric help if that's your mentality to this.

1. Your subscription pays for the maintenance of the game. That includes, but is not limited to hardware upgrades, updates, bug fixes, content development. All these things require downtime and that should be obvious. It's exactly what you paid for and what you got. Yes, they ran into unforseen issues, informed the community, and kept working. That's exactly what I expect as someone who also works in the tech field. Just because you lost precious time playing a video game, it does not mean the Terms of Services that you signed did not explicitly state this.

2. There are various other games that also came with this subscription. Just because you - or anyone else - chooses to only play one game as part of the subscription, it doesn't mean you are entitled to additional all-access because one game of their offerings was down for scheduled patching.

3. The most important one: Grow up.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is wrong on so many levels.
    1. Coffee that you order isn't going to be hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns as you would not be able to drink it.
    2. McDonald's knew of the risk but had it at near boiling temperatures
    3. The burn happened as she was sitting in the passenger seat in a parked car in the parking lot.
    4. McDonald's was just asked to cover the medical bills which was a much smaller amount.
    5. They tried to write it off with the claims that the number of burns was insignificant compared to the billions of cups of coffee served each year
    6. The damages got that high because court/jury decided the lack of care on McDonald's part warranted something that would get their attention
    https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts
    It should also be noted that the amount normally said was won in this case is not true as it was later reduced and they finally settled on a number that was kept secret.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants
    Pawtato likes this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

see unlike your D@mb @$$ I was trying to have fun with all this. In a game that never ends your extra day of "double" exp is gonna matter how?

Lighten up Francis. and FYI my mom has passed, thanks for the reminder.

See, still trying to make light of all this.
  12. dreadlord Augur

I never asked for double exp! Not once. I'm maxed everything. (and, erm, see title of the thread....) I did sympathise and empathise with those who *did* however, see that as apt recompense for not being able to access a service they had paid for.
    Personally, I think mocking folk whose parents have died recently is not a great joke. But I guess you're the kinda guy who tells someone who just had their legs blown off to cheer themselves up by going for a run. Again, personally, I think you have to know someone very very well to make that kind of 'joke' - not suitable for a public forum where you know nothing about the person behind the keyboard.
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

The game is over 20 years old and bundled into a subscription service of 4 games. Let’s relax and accept no one is getting time refunded.

A game out of four was down and the terms of service warn that service interruptions may occur. There is more to life than EQ and the $10-$15 a month for an account is hardly anything. Seriously, $15/30 days * 2 days = $1 an account, $.25 if you consider 1 of 4 games was down.

I envy the man that’s seriously sweating the downtime amidst the present COVID-19 pandemic. Many people are first responders and medical professionals and they’re praying they don’t get sick. Let’s all calm down and have some perspective that this is an inexpensive bundled game that we’re fortunate is still running.
  14. dreadlord Augur

Dear Kermit. Thank you for signing up to Frogspawn Monthly. We see you are an avid reader, spending all your free time reading our Froggy publication. Bundled in with Frogspawn Monthly are Lipstick Today; All about Carburetors and Building Your Doll Collection. We know you won't mind if Frogspawn Monthly is not available at any time as you are free to enjoy the other publications in the bundle.
  15. Febb Augur

When you pay for a subscription, you pay for a month of access whether the servers are up or down. They don't guarantee whether you can play during that whole time. It's been this way for a very long time. That's the gamble.

They rarely ever give free time on accounts because of issues. They normally compensate with exp bonuses and such so I wouldn't hold my breathe.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  16. KermittheFroglok Augur

Seriously, that's an exaggeration.

AllAccess =

Everquest
    Everquest 2 (same franchise, albeit somewhat different mechanics, but similar)
    DCUO (another MMO, easy to jump into & kill time with)
    PlanetSide 2 (FPS, okay it's not an easy substitute, but easy to jump into)

Given the scope of what the Devs are doing, I don't think ~two days is bad in terms of down time, and I'm in the silent majority's camp of "I have bigger real world issues to worry about".
  17. MysticOne Augur

If they rolled your account back 2 days, it's the same thing.
    dreadlord likes this.
  18. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

If the worker handing her the coffee did not spill it on her, then the customer was 100% at fault. If there was not some kind of defect with the lid on the cup, then the customer was 100% at fault. I am not arguing if the coffee was too hot or not. I am not even arguing if she should of been paid damages or not. I am only arguing that she is totally to blame and no one else. The coffee could of been ice cold and it still would of been 100% her fault. Only way it would not of been was if it was so hot it melted through the cup and into her lap. But that did not happen. So again the customer was 100% at fault, regardless what the jury or court thought the percentage of blame was.

Because the person who fell would be dead. o0 Dead people don't see lawyers, their families perhaps, but not the dead person. Also again they should not of fell off the roof. Was something not secured on the roof and it hit them knocking them off it? No? Then it's their fault for falling. Skyscraper was a general term for tall building. I was not speaking of a worker per say, just a high roof.

The TOS says a lot of things and can be by passed by a court of law, even if it explicitly states it can not. It's there to cover their butts over general grievances, but it can be picked apart for more serious things. This however is not one of them.

It doesn't matter if other games fall under the subscription, if this is their game of choice, then it's their game of choice and when it is down it is down. There could be a hundred other games and it's makes no difference. EQ is the game they are paying the whole subscription for, regardless of what might come with it. It's like ordering a steak dinner with three sides, but you only get the sides. I mean you ordered the steak, it just was not given to you and they gave no kind of compensation for it. Tough luck right? What did the TOS say on that?

Adults complain all the time. People are complaining of other people for complaining. Does that mean we ALL need to grow up?

Edit: Also people expect IT to have it together. This is not the first time servers have been down longer then anticipated. Some of you act like you have some kind of memory loss.
    Zamiam likes this.
  19. Zamiam Augur

I agree with everything you said .. I just had to LOL for this one line ty for the laugh .. :p
  20. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

My favorite episode. ^^!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.