I want an extra day added to my All-Access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuddlebutts, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongbus Augur

No the worst down time was for like a month or so back in 2009/2010 when they had that credit card data issue and where down for a month or so.
    Thancra likes this.
  2. Morbys New Member

I mean, I'm not gonna ask for extended time on my account, although it would be the right thing to do. But its pretty embarrassing to be down so long.
  3. Thancra Loladin

Lol at the nerd that goes nuts when he can't play for 2 days! :D
  4. Ecko Elder

I think we should all be compensated with natty hats!
  5. Dracolindus Journeyman

Sometimes one has to wonder whether or not a person is an idiot. Other times, that person does everyone the favor of speaking and removes any doubt. The lady was able to sue, and win because she was given a cup of coffee that was almost 300 degrees due to malfunctioning equipment.
    Much like your equipment.
  6. Ueauvan Journeyman

i have all access on 2 of my accounts and lifetime on another. i dont want an extra day, that argument has been going for years as have patches overunning since 2000 when i started. as someone said 2 primetime uk playing times gone bye bye. i play on AB and im english, when i transferred when my guild split and i stopped raiding i thought that was logical. now we have server merges of low pop servers at the same time as a normal patch. duh what could go wrong. one thing does not have to rely on another. merging during lockdown ... also not brilliant.
    the stewardship of this game has been challenging, however since i retired over 15 months ago i have noticed more issues than in any other period, probably because im not working.
    sort it out chaps and chappesses, drink some tea and carry on. and id prefer double exp more than anything else as that makes a positive difference.
  7. Angahran Augur

Actually they don't "have to" do anyhthing.
    There is nothing in your agreement with DPG that guarantees ANY amount of server availability.
    They could take the servers down for a week and would still be 100% within the terms and conditions.
    CatsPaws and Derka like this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

we all know they dont have to do anything .. thats not the point we are trying to make ..
    the point is its good customer service to do something ..
    most places if they screw something up will bend over backwards to fix it if they cant or keep having issues will reimburse you in some form ..

guess you never heard the term " the customer is always right"

granted I dont believe that statement anymore than most .. however most if not all businesses treat their customers as if they are always right .. that just makes for good business ..
    juggalo likes this.
  9. enclee Augur

You have to look at from DPGs perspective, they lost 2 days of marketplace and Krono sales. You toss out something that’s going to motivate people to log-in to try and recapture those sales numbers.
  10. Angahran Augur

Sure, if they offer something then that's always nice.

I guess I'm just tired of all the over entitled idiots in the world demanding ridiculous 'compensation' any time something happens and their poor, fragile, feelings get hurt or they feel 'offended'.
  11. divirgmar Lorekeeper

How about extra loyalty coins? or one-time ability to purchase certain amount of loyalty coins? for Silver and gold members?
  12. svann Augur

On the McDonalds thing:
    Instead of warning of hot coffee it should have had the following:
    Warning: Paper cup is not designed to hold scalding hot liquids.

But the cup manufacturer thought that went without saying.
  13. Captain Video Augur

All players on the Test server are being granted two extra days of All-Access there.
  14. Zamiam Augur

:p
  15. SaintMichael New Member

Your arguments are specious. The fact that we pay for a suite of products and have access to the rest is not an argument. It would be like saying, I pay for the Microsoft suite of products and Outlook doesn't work. But not to fear, you still have PowerPoint. And upkeep is one thing, but continued lack of use of a product that you are paying for is at least grounds to ask for some kind of compensation. The consumer's response to not receiving compensation is simply to leave, which any of us can contemplate and execute on. Darkpaw doesn't want that, and neither does anyone else in this thread.

Inherent in asking for compensation is the currency of goodwill. Adding a day to your membership, given the scope of the outage, adds more value in the long run then never creating the goodwill. Something to think about.
    juggalo, Vumad and Zamiam like this.
  16. Gribble New Member

Yeah, that's usually true. The exception being this game. My son and I both game. Most of the time when we compare the games we each play I am proud to let him know about the EQ crowd. Because we are mostly an older crowd we usually dont have drama in game, rage quits, in-game harrasment and immature behavior from players.

But when patch days arrive I am truly embarrassed to be part of the EQ crowd. I have never seen a bigger bunch of whiny, entitled, spoiled, ungrateful players in any other game. This is not all of you, but it sure is a lot of you during down time (which is always guaranteed in any server enviroment).

So no, usually the customer is wrong when it comes to this game.
  17. enclee Augur

Dude, there's like 3 threads even talking about a patch and only a few people complaining. Get some perspective.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just think if they credited a day or two how it would mess up everyone's billing.

Lifetime accounts would not see anything. Every day is already pretty much free for us.

Free and Silver would not see anything. Every day is free to them.

Credit card accounts that are always billed on the same day would now have to factor in an additional day to the billing cycle for one time. But it would still change the bill date that some people have specifically set up

Krono users on TLP would really be confused since they seem to already have an issue using the Krono before the bill date and are always complaining they missed the bill date and went Silver or Free and now have to log onto a live server to claim that Krono.

But then at least people would have another thread to fill with complaints.
    Gribble likes this.
  19. Gribble New Member

Dude, it's a lot more than three threads and a lot more than a few people. Get some reading comprehension.

See how I can do that too?
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I have all access on two account currently, since every one feels they need to lead with that in this thread most of all.

What I want is for the developers, coders and programmers of EverQuest to go get some gosh darn sleep!! There's nothing worse on your immune system than sleep deprivation and we are in the middle of a world wide pandemic at the moment.

Thank you to all Darkpaw employees for the work you put in the past 2 days getting the game back up. The work is appreciated. :)
    klanderso and Leigo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.