I thought Coirnav was casual?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fumi-chan, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Fumi-chan Augur

Seeing a lot of non-casual shenanigans at Vessel Drozlin right now. :) Grats to whichever guild gets the kill!
  2. a_librarian Augur

watch out for the ole low health memblur + nuke combo that will steal the kill out from under you
  3. That0neguy Augur

It is casual. That's why one guild could only stomach it for an hour or two before they gave up.
  4. Kronotowin Elder

If you enjoy not being able to buy any low level items and spending hours finding groups this server is for you!
  5. BiscuitLoves New Member

Based on the fact that it took nearly two weeks for PD to die, it’s definitely a casual paced server.
  6. Groans Augur

A casual server would have boosted xp not lower. Casuals are casuals because they don't have time to play as much so they need to progress at a faster rate.

A true casual server would have double xp and keep all the stuff toned down because sure the hardcores will come and get all the server first, then come to the forums and complain about it being too easy get bored then leaves.

Meanwhile the true casual probably wouldn't even be aware of the hardcores progress because they were working or spending time with family, going on a date, you know living. So the casual would just get on and play having fun and keep paying their subs once in awhile buying a shiny from the dgb market place.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Casuals are casual because they haven't gotten gud.
    doah likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's actually spelled "cash grab."
    Hateseeker likes this.
  9. monkypowah Elder

below average skilled players, no good guilds (Hi RI) p, kronos farm server with nothing new and it’s got freakin mabbu on it.. lol I don’t know if anything qualifies as more casual.. truly the red-headed step child in every sense
  10. Ryak Augur

I dunno the only interaction i ever had with Mabbu before he left was when he was putting on performance art in Shadow Haven to protest people kill banking EXP.

I found it pretty funny, tbh.
    Ah, memories.
  11. Midnitewolf Augur

What the heck are you talking about.

Started a new toon 2 weeks ago. Farmed Bone Chips, spider silks and bear pelts while leveling to 10. Sold those for about 500pp. Spent 5 full days in the EC Tunnel buying low, selling high and accumulated 5000 plat. Now running a fully twinked level 14 Chanter with gear I would have excepted to have only once I reached level 40+ back in the day.

Gear pricing is pretty cheap as well, as cheap or cheaper than it was back in live 17 years ago when I was originally playing and alot of the same low level gear you would have bought back in the day to start off your toon is selling for under 100pp. No your not getting a Fungi tunic for 100p, but it didn't sell for 100p back in the day either. JBBs are selling for 3-4k, they were 20k plus 17 years ago. Also EQ was never a quick or easy start, you had to struggle and struggle with substandard gear for many, many levels if you were starting fresh and didn't have the means to twink. It is no different now with the exception of being a bit easier because they have toned down the newbie zones mob aggro, allow for you to actually see the level of your cons and have the origin ability available.

Also gear available is pretty good as well. As I mentioned I spent about 5 days doing nothing but sitting in the tunnel watching auctions, buying and selling, and I can say that there is generally 20-50 people auctioning items at any given time.

Also I will add if your really having issues with gear, just buy some Krono. They are selling for about 9200pp each and you can easily twink out a toon or maybe two with decent gear, decent enough to get through 30-40 levels anyway.

Also been grouping quite a bit at low levels. Had a couple groups at the orc camps in EC and several groups over in the FOB tearing up Kurns with my level 11 Shaman. Also just took my 14th level Chanter to Unrest and it is chocked full of people LFG or waiting for spots at the camps. Crushbone is hopping too. General grouping isn't the same as it was back in the day but that is because most people playing, played back in the day and know which zones have experience modifiers and have made their way there to level.

So I don't know what your doing wrong but zero issues with either gear or grouping on Coirnav. If your not a player from back in the day, then try to remember that EQ, at least on the TLPs, isn't like other MMOs, you don't get uber items given to you just for playing. Generally speaking you have to work for it if you want it in EQ. It is one of the things that makes it a great game that has been around for 18-19 years now when most others have failed.
    Clonkers likes this.
  12. Dilf Augur

It's actually spelled Cashnav, get it right.
  13. Jebasiz Journeyman

Only if you support it..no one is forcing you to buy kronos or anything. If people stopped doing it, the items wouldn't cost 7 krono for a haste belt.
  14. Dilf Augur

None of it really matters to me, I like playing on Coirnav for various reasons. I can't complain that selling a Bear mount netted me a pre-nerf CoS, Fungi tunic, Fungi staff, and everything else I have without spending a dime otherwise. People can buy or not buy all day long as they please, I'm neutral.
  15. Numzan Augur

You must be grouping with new, returning players that haven't done TLPs before. Otherwise your following RI for some reason. What have you got against Mabbu? I just dont see where people keep trolling this individual for. Like is he a problem? Someone should explain, because all i see is thread after thread about this person.
  16. That0neguy Augur

He is the devil apparently because reasons.
  17. Chaos4322 New Member

This is everquest we are talking about, you can literally get a toddler to press the same button over and over and do a fantastic job.
    If you think there is even an ounce of skill involved in EQ you have no skill.

The difference between being a top DPS and a bottom DPS in EQ is how much time you spend afk during the fight, it has nothing to do with how good you are.
  18. code-zero Augur

You know nothing at all about EQ if you actually believe this
  19. Groans Augur

Um hes pretty right. If I wanted to play a game that involved skill and actual thought and lots of clicking this ain't it. WOW takes much more skill than EQ now.
  20. Febb Augur

This is true for the classic expansions but the later half of the game requires some skill in order to be a top tier player. If you have ever parsed fights you would know there are people who put very little effort into being the best they can be. This is because they don't invest time into researching their spells, AA's, and abilities to figure out what combinations to use to maximize their output.