I Surrender

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Decessus, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

OK, I like your first statement there
    OK - I like your first statement there. I think there are lots of voices saying that is exactly the case (it's too hard for the majority of non-raiders making an honest attempt to beat it).

As has also been voiced in here, some by yourself, raiding is a very different game. Raiders are not looking for loot in group content. Raiders get their rewards from raids, not group content. So maybe just worry a little less about people who are doing something you don't even care about. And something you can't relate to anymore, as a raid-geared player.

Hey OP - I sympathize with you and also agree that group content is too hard for non-raid geared toons.
  2. Battleaxe Augur

I'm not convinced that 3 toons, none of themn a real Tank, and 3 mercs is an honest attempt.

When addressing the OP you might remind him that he doesn't raid and therfore has no need to bring up raiders.

Hey OP - I would sympathise with you IF a large group of uber non-raiders were to post this, that, and the other mission was too hard for non-raiders, here's the group we used, how we tried it, and the result.

What we have instead is the untrue statement that non-raid content is tuned to be a challenge to raiders and the statement with no evidence to back it up that a well constructed group of well geared/fully AA'd non-raiders [blanket statement] will fined group content impossible to beat.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yes, compared to someone trying to literally steal from you, CotF-TDS-TBM aren't "rip offs". You've got us there, DBG isn't trying to rob us. But that absolutely does not imply:

A) that they were good
    B) that they didn't break a decade+ tradition of a complete, immersive quality product
    C) that they aren't cutting corners in every fathomable way (which is not breaking the law, obviously)
    D) that they haven't been doing C while constantly touting "we hear you" but continuing business in its new, downward direction

Are you in the market for snake oil by chance sir? WTS pst!
    Benzarden, Iila and Mayfaire like this.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What we have is a group of people voicing their experiences and griefs with the game. There are no untrue statements, since they are actual people's experiences and opinions.

However, I will concede that none of us can know what the devs had in mind when tuning the mobs or if they even did any tuning at all. It's irrelevant, since we're talking about players' experiences after actually playing the game. And in my experience it was too hard in group gear, and it was near-trivial with a couple pieces of raid gear added in.

I do think that your "well constructed group of well geared/fully AA'd non-raiders" often feels like a unicorn in the EQ world. Many of the non-raiders in this discussion don't have 3+ toons to choose from, to put together that mythological perfect group :)
  5. Battleaxe Augur

A) They were better than we were led to expect. Remember "Campaign"?
    B) I find the Day of Death Theme extremely immersive.
    C) By cutting corners we got more events.
    D) Vangard = downward direction. Frankly I'm suprised as all getout given the situation just last year that they've not just survived but they've released new content. VERY nice new content.
  6. Tyraxor Augur

Indeed, nothing is easier than being raid-geared.
    The raidguilds even advertise this to apps, gear doesn't matter.
    It will come (obviously when farming usually takes them only 2 days and never goes wrong).

Just play Eq regularly, be able to follow some simple orders and don't be a complete idiot (short version of all the blah blah).
    Yup i can totally see why you have to be a hero for raidgear.
  7. xmalx Journeyman

I actually agree with battleaxe, cotf HA's were said to be three people and three mercs back when. No where in tbm did the devs ever say that the expansion was tuned to three boxes and three mercs.

Also I'm glad we got an expansion, I like it looks wise a lot more than tds, no underwater zones or those annoying hails. As someone who just isn't interested in any other mmo out there I'm glad eq is still around and pushing out expansions still.

As a pure grouper in a just casual guild tbm is a great expansion for me, I can get great gear for myself as a grouper compared to tds, the missions etc. are a lot more fun from what I've done. I really feel spoiled with the whole gear, augs etc I'm in the process of getting some really nice gear compared to what I had in tds. I feel I haven't been this geared since LDON when we could do something similar.

I mean for 10 bucks a month or so plus 35 bucks a year? For not hours or day but weeks or even months of entertainment that is on demand from my home 24/7? I hope eq will be around for a long time. A trip down to 7/11 for a few goodies is more than my monthly bill for eq.

Anyways, just my two copper.
  8. Mayfaire Augur

I still maintain that boxing =/= grouping. As a boxer I am fully aware that there is content that I cannot box thru - even with my magical, can apparently beat all content because I wear raid gear, uber status.

<It has been a well kept secret for years that when a raider enters a group zone, the mobs lay down and throw their wares at our feet in proper supplication to us as gods. Then we kill them anyway, because we're a-holes. But, I digress>.:p

What I don't do is ask DBG to nerf the content to fit my boxer status. Instead, I only do those missions with a group.
    Mintalie, Sheex and Silv like this.
  9. Silv Augur

[IMG]
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Aaaaand we're back to epeening. I can't help but wonder how long this thread would be without all the "Top Performers" dropping in to insult the people who are here for a real reason (seeking help). But go on with your bad selves :)
  11. Silv Augur

Oh I was just trying to lighten the mood :p This thread hasn't been serious since like... page 3.
  12. Mayfaire Augur

Yeah, I am totally epeening by saying I can't box certain content, in the same manner the OP cannot.

/flex, /roar, /activate phopeen.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Wait... girl gamers have e-peens!? I thought it was e-vajayjay. Learn something new!
    Mintalie likes this.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

That's where the purse comes in handy, to carry the phopeen. Comeon Silv, get with the 21st century! lol :p
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I was also confused. Onone foot flouting her femininity for all it's worth, on the other citing her epeen. Head hurts!
  16. Mayfaire Augur

Hey, e-vajayjay is whipping out the big guns. We have a duty for the good of society to use such power sparingly. Thus, phopeen was born. :cool:
  17. Silv Augur

This word does not exist in urban dictionary yet. Get on it!
    Mayfaire likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

If you think the last 3 expansions gave good value for the price, there's no point of even speaking because you're literally in the .1% with that statement. At this point you're just a blind supporter who would buy anything and think it's good.

I have the Golden Gate Bridge for sale you interested?
    Sheex, Silv and Iila like this.
  19. Silv Augur

I'll start the bid with 2 cp!
  20. Tyraxor Augur

You might sell the Golden Gate Bridge, but you will have trouble selling the 49ers at this point.
    Sheex, roguerunner and Silv like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.