I Risk Trouble at Work to Read The TLP Forums

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pictarous, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Pictarous Augur

Because gentle Jesus the salt. The salty salt to end all salts. TLP Forums are the Dead Sea of supersaturated salt solutions, and I am an addict. So keep on keeping on wishlisters, "back in my day-ers" and state of the server posts. I literally cant wait. Nothing makes EQ (or EQ2 players for that matter) happy, and coming to read the tears is just so wonderful.

XP too fast? Tears post and a "state of the server" (that is less than 24 hours old) with some nice arm-chair economist theories about how it will destroy the "economy".

XP too slow?
    The tin foil hats appear, DBG is actually the Illuminati out to force you to play coming up on what, a 16 year old game? The XP rates are a ploy to buy more XP pots.

Pets too strong? Two servers worth of salty players and botting babies who keep RF and LJ alive (yup, not you widdle soloers and those doubled over from nostalgia, but the boxers) are available.

Pets too weak? Phinny TLP is for you then. 3-5 hit pet deaths from a yellow? Its closer to classic baby, when fighting a yellow or red meant timing not your Mage heals, but precasting pet summons.

Krono? RMT ruins the game etc. etc. etc.

If there was a no Krono server? "DBG IS RUINING THE WAY I PLAY"

In short, I love you aspies more than anything. Keep on keeping on my maladjusted compadres.

Also: If you dont have the time to play EQ the way any server ruleset is, then you dont have enough time to play EQ. Its 2015. We are older, the game is older, its not the same company, or game, or people, or server, or ruleset, or players. You cannot relive the past. Nostalgia is just a feeling. Verant-run EQ99 is not DBG-run EQ2015, for better or worse. Grow up, everyone else has, the game has.

Everything has been done, figured out, optimized, streamlined, boxed, and researched to completion. Classic EQ is a small game with little content compared to what modern MMO gamers are used to. Having that sweeping rush of being in BB or CB when you were 10-18 years old, or whatever age you played, will not come back to you on this server. It is different, the game is different, you are different.

In the meantime, I want more salt.

Love yall
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. MBear Augur

3. Rhodz Augur

Crying?
    Hell I am laughing my off at myself.
    But also at these attempts at the only defense possible, laughable though it is... thanks.
  4. Moranis Augur

I'm loving the new gameplay...hell, I would love it even more if they re-arranged the zones or moved mob spawns too.

People will whine because their "plan" to out-do everyone else can no longer be executed as they had written it for the past month while waiting for the server to open. For those of us who are actually interested in just "playing the game", I think it's just fine.

You always hear the vocal minority...but it's definitely entertaining stuff.
  5. Lateryn Augur

Ah the usual defense. Please, you are crying in every thread you can.
  6. MBear Augur

[IMG]
  7. Elemenopi Augur

Modern MMOs release with like 1/3rd of the content classic EQ did, based on the "minimum viable product" model, call it a beta, and begin charging for starter packs right off the bat.