I played both EQ and EQII many MANY years ago

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Varii, Apr 19, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Cool beans. I guess I started with 100 DB for what ever reason. I will look more into the daybreak-cash thing. Thank you.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

You can still play eq2 if you have control and perspective. I recommend it in that case for a break.

Eq2 also, its just a case ''as it is'' of what happens when you give players anything they ever wanted, because everyone has it, they no longer want it (no scaled value attached is common, too easy, less to do unless max level and so the Devs stress max level (what else can they do to continue)? Its not a bad game.

People have fun with the features like cheat enable true, on a single player game. They have fun like barbarian raiders, then try to play seriously and don't have the will power to resist the decadence, so having dirtied the pool they get out and move on stumped like WTF happened? (if causal non end game players) attached to whatever expansion they joined at.

For example: (all I would want is sentinels fate Which I bought the Box for with the little statue of a mount inside, with the mercs and BST added, that is it, no progression Idea has touched that yet.

Age of discovery + sentinels fate and capped, nothing else, no more features or changes than that...and I would play it too, often. No question. Because the integrity of the game and its mechanics would be as progressive as they could get without destroying the experience of the original point of the game and the ''neat'' complexities. Not masochism merely being practical.

The problem with otherwise (not hybrid progression, is missing classes and mainstay feature that were necessary because of a isolationist ''hans solo'' mindset among the player base).

Make that server and I'll hold a IRL party in fact. It would succeed because it acknowledges the point ''the real one'' without taking too much away.Oversimplification is the coffin nail of any rpg based content because its a subtraction/misdirection game. Kills replayabilty for the majority.

Too many features too little aggravation and no focus to overcome the fantasy problems. (you also need a little wondering in caves)'' but not too much to take joy.

The characters also need to mean something to the player, if its too easy or there cheap, they hit the cap trying to right this and say F' it for a while basically. You wont hook them.

Otherwise to quit the game or delete the toon would hurt them like a healthy child asked to destroy his favorite stuffed toy. (Wont hurt teddy). So they play and pay.

If Not a avatar the toon or gameplay system is too generic. People prize a thing in part on what they go through to get it and like a voodoo doll in a bad movie put a little of themselves into it. (within reasonable limits of a game). Its anthropomorphic subconscious Animism, a mental (psychological) projection making the character seem important.

Quote: Little Sisters of Elura by SK: ''I am real grateful for what folks would give but not for what they would take away''.

Helps to be a student of human nature.