I played both EQ and EQII many MANY years ago

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Varii, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Varii New Member

I started playing EQ not long after it came out (5+ years) and then also played EQII for about 4 years, but have been away from gaming since then. At that time it was owned by Sony not Daybreak. I'm guessing there is no way to revive accounts that are that old, is that correct?
  2. Leex Pewpewer

It depends on what levels you had on the accounts. I would send in a petition with your old user name and associated email and see what they can do.
  3. Willydo Apprentice

If you have the original email associated with the account and access to it, I think you can. Heck, my EQ install is still in a Sony Folder. I left for 10 years and when I came back my toons were still there, just figure out which server they were moved to.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sony = Daybreak. Nothing changed but the name. Your old account is still there but the question is can you remember enough to recover it? Go thru this link and heads up - you will need to make a new Free account to file this most likely

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
  5. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I wont be able to access my old account, although I do remember the old email. It is not needed anyway as most toons were under level 20. ^^! But I am curious... if you had seven or so characters on a paid account back then and then you tried to retrieve them on a free account, how would the characters be accessible with only two available character slots? Even with a paid account you only have seven (correct me if I am wrong), but what if in Classic EQ you played on several servers and had toons spaced out? How do they transfer all characters to you? On different servers or only the most high levels get the transfer? And what if old servers no longer exist? Say you played on a Good VS Evil or a small VS Tall server.
  6. Grove Augur

7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many servers merged - not that big of an impact. If someone else had your name then one of you got an "X" after your name and were allowed a one time free name change.

When you return on an old account it is called "Silver" and gives you 4 slots, not 2. Although it will still be free unless you want to subscribe.

Each server your account on would be allowed 4 slots. all characters that are on the account will be saved and still be visible to you. If you are over the cap of characters for your account only the most recently logged-on characters will be available for play. Characters that were created before February 29, 2012 will be allowed to log in regardless of if you are currently over the cap of characters.

When you return you also have full Loyalty Tokens and with those you can purchase more slots. I think I went for 3 more slots. So as a Silver, those accounts had 7 slots available.

Paid accounts can have 14 slots. You start with 8 then can buy 3 in store and 3 in loyalty. Free can have 2 plus those 3 = 5 and Silver can have 4 plus 6 = 10.

So there is a benefit to recovering your old account, along with Loyalty tokens you can be in general chat as opposed to new player chat which is the only chat free accounts get and no one else is in

Edit - there are some old "legacy" accounts that got an extra character slot or two way back when.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Hmmm... And if you no longer had a way to get access to your old email, as I am sure they will send a link to it for verification purposes or even show what credit card you once paid with you are just out of luck I suppose... Not sure how far in registration I went or what was recorded on subsequent payments. A few extra character slots would be nice though... ^^! I do have floating around some where my old EQ keys... Although anyone could claim a used one, mine are legit. I could not name a single character of mine though, but I could say around about what levels and which class/race they were. ^^!
  9. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

What if you pay as a new subscriber for a month or so and then unsubscribe? Are you still considered Silver and keep that status or are you just considered free? And what constitutes getting loyalty status? I am not sure even back then it was a constant every month thing. Usually a few months here or there and then again when I purchased a new expansion.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Every account gets Loyalty. It used to be only for paid accounts but that was changed so all accounts get them now.

The type of account you have (Free, Silver, or Gold) determines how fast you gain tokens and the max amount of tokens you can have at one time.

It takes a year to get to max earning potential to where Free accounts get 30 a week and the max cap is 1440.
    And Silver and Paid get 120/week and cap at 5760

Silver used to only be obtainable to returning accounts but some people have mentioned getting Silver status after using a krono on a free account.
  11. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I am not as confident as I once was of knowing my old email address. It's been so long and I have had so many. ^^! It could of been the first email address I made just to get my internet up and running and made up some random account, who knows. But would returning mean after going gold now and then canceling you go to Silver or are you just considered free again?
  12. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I do apologize and I hate to bump this, but I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket if the terms are right. :D

Does actually paying for a month or two and than canceling still considered Silver status?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt anyone can answer this with any certainty. It depends on how the system flags your account and you won't know until you try it. But what else are you going to do with the card? I have 3 of the old EQ game cards and need to use them since they aren't good for anything else lol.
  14. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

This is not a game card, but a visa gift card. I do not pay anything online with an actual credit card. ^^! But yea... what else would I do with it is true...
  15. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

If you still have the game cases with the keys it would help.
    Someone stole my EQ2 account years ago, I got it back with the original key.
    My Swashbuckler was 20 plus levels higher and missing almost all gear.
    At least they never found my house.

Think the bank was untouched as well.
  16. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

I successfully got my old account reinstated. However I am missing over half my characters, although that in it self is not a big deal, I would of liked to of seen them again. I thought I had most of my characters on one or two servers, but now I only have about four characters in total spread out one per server and I know I had at least two Iskars and a few humans roaming around that I can not find.

Regardless I am not sure what Loyalty Tokens are. I have 100 DB coins and I need 800 to buy another character slot or 2,000 to buy three at one time. Where are these Loyalty Tokens that you speak of? Are they located somewhere? Do I need to be on the game launcher, at the character select screen or in the game itself to see and or use them?
  17. Barton The Mischievous

There is a loyalty token video on you tube. it is 3 years old but should give you an overview though it is pretty sparse.
    You can use loyalty tokens(crowns) to buy things from the merchant. You can buy character slots a max of 3 called "doll of character" and many other things through the loyalty vendor including housing items a bunch of things really, some are not that useful imo but may be to others. Caveat Emptor there is no return policy so make sure you do some research before buying, or not as you choose.
    Some more information here.
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Alternate_currency#Loyalty_Tokens_.28Crowns.29
    and here, might also try a forum search here on the boards not sure if anyone wrote up a really good guide and linked it but they may have.
    EDIT: Good Luck hope this helps and that you can find all the information you need. This is just what I came up with in 5m of searching the usual places there may be a lot more out there if you need it.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=35557
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is another loyalty vendor in Sunrise Hills where the player neighborhoods are.

Your loyalty token amount is shown on your character inventory screen, at the top under the tab "alternate currency"

You should see the max right now of 5760 - the Fanra site listed in the post above is out of date and incorrect. See my earlier post #10 on this page on the amounts.

But you do need to spend some cause the system will not award you anymore, not even partial, if you are at the cap.

Anchors, houses, rez tokens are all good things to buy.
    Barton likes this.
  19. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Thanks everyone! I did in fact get the three Doll of Characters. At first I thought I may of done something wrong as when I right clicked on the doll it disappeared with no warning and no confirmation of anything occurring. I thought perhaps I had dropped it or maybe a passerby had accidently received it.

And I tried it three times and exited the game and found only one extra slot had been precured. Regardless after signing out and back in all seven were there. Yay!!! I may even go and buy the three more slots for permanent use or only a Gold member while they are currently subscribed can do that?

Also how do you acquire more DB money? I started with 100.
    Barton likes this.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

To get more DB cash, without being a gold member you buy it from the shop, If you are a gold member you get to claim 500DB Cash per month as long as you stay subscribed, and of course gold members can also buy more cash from the shop.
    https://www.everquest.com/daybreak-cash