I need the payment plan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MageLeth, Oct 2, 2015.

1. MageLeth New Member

i am serious .,,, let me if i can, pay on account ....ona account i do not have the 139.00 , and i bet it wont come with maps
  2. Thraine Augur

well dont buy the premium, i didnt.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I expect they will offer upgrade packages once The Broken Mirror launches, so if you save your money now you can get them later. I know that means you have to wait for the bonus items. It would be nice if Daybreak can confirm upgrade packages will happen but it is really a 99% chance of yes to that, since it means moar money for Daybreak. :cool:
  4. Arwyn-RoV Augur

This is a reasonable suggestion to DBG management. We're already tied to payment plans for lots of other things. Why not offer a subscription plan that includes the cost of a once-a-year collectors expansion tied into the monthly fee. 25 bucks a month or so would be doable for some folks with less generous all-at-once fun budgets.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly don't see this as looking positive from a PR standpoint. Fanra's option is the most realistic. if you don't have the money for the premium now just buy standard or CE and buy the upgrade later. You will get the pre-order items either way. The pre-order items are the same regardless of which edition you buy.

Honestly, I would much rather they simply offer a special pre-order price that makes the CE or PE more accessible to those on a budget as well as encouraging those who box to buy one of the upgraded versions now.
    Perplexed likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Or you could just put away 5 or 10 bucks a month in an envelope marked for gaming, and then you'll have the money you need to buy the expansion.
    Perplexed, Sheex, moogs and 6 others like this.
  7. Crystilla Augur

To this point, we all know roughly a year in advance that new content/expansion/campaign (whatever it will be called) will come out. That is long enough to squirrel some money away little by little for many players (not all I'll admit), but even drinking one less soda/coffee a day can help add up if someone needs it.
    Leeanni, Sheex, moogs and 3 others like this.
  8. Derd Augur

Dave Ramsey smiled twice upon reading Nolrog and Crystilla's posts.
    Lakeland and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  9. Vetplayer Elder

Mageleth
    "i am serious .,,, let me if i can, pay on account ....ona account i do not have the 139.00 , and i bet it wont come with maps "
    ^
    This is my future?? /em looks over at Crystilla.

Why buy an expansion if you can barely afford your internet bill?

Go back to school :) Your post sure could use a boost.
  10. Bobsmith Augur

[IMG]
    Mayfaire, Perplexed, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  11. Darkark Augur

You're*
    Perplexed, Vetplayer and Bobsmith like this.
  12. MageLeth New Member

I did that on purpose, trying to be funny. but I failed and now I must suffer from shame the of it all.
  13. Lakeland Lorekeeper

My first thought was this to but I'm not sure Dave would approve of a Everquest envelope if you honestly are that strapped. Lol
  14. YellowBelly Augur

Is there a financing option for that $130.00 tier?
  15. Vetplayer Elder

Darkark,

Why is it 'you're' posts are only 1 sentence long?
  16. Leex Pewpewer

Because, Darkark>all...Duh.
  17. moogs Augur

I don't recommend this to anyone without steady income or who might otherwise have difficulty managing their finances. I'm not even sure if this is a payment option for DBG, but to add to the discussion:

What about PayPal? You can use PayPal Credit (formerly BillMeLater) to have 0 payments, 0 interest for 6 months on purchases of $99 or higher. So you have 6 months to pay it off in full. (If you don't, you'll be hit with all of the accrued interest.) I've used it for years - mostly for work, where I expect to be reimbursed in a few weeks - and have never paid a penny in interest or fees. Before it was bought by PayPal, they were actually paying me at least 1% in cash back.

I lost a lot of trust when SOE was hacked and I found a bogus charge of $800 on the credit card I used to pay for my EQ subscription. I logged into my online account to find that someone had changed the mailing address, e-mail address, phone number...the bank said someone just called up and said they were me and they didn't think to call the number on file to verify it. Totally MENSA...

PayPal offers an extra layer of fraud protection and their merchant dispute resolution is excellent.
  18. moogs Augur

Just went to everquest.com and logged in to check payment sources. PayPal is there. Nice to know. I think I'll switch the next time my billing is up.
  19. Maurasi Journeyman

What foolishness is this? o_O
    moogs likes this.
  20. YellowBelly Augur

Sorry I was just joking about financing the 130.00 package. I was hoping to point out how absurd it is. I guess sarcasm and dry humor don't exactly come across well in forums.