i NEED help logging in!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by hackermom, Mar 22, 2017.

1. hackermom New Member

no answers to my previous post, somebody please help. i am a PAYING member, and cannot log in for days. mss32.dll file missing? launchpad wont work, and is suggesting a dead link to go to for further help.
    i hate that i get no answers, and my help ticket is the same. no answers. :(
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. hackermom New Member

i will check into that, thanks. ugh tho. download the entire game again? ick. also, what do you mean by "validating game assets"?
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If you can launch the patcher:

[IMG]
    Ewor likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Excellent screenshot Bobby - should book mark it for folks! I hope that fixes it.

This is a very old problem that occasionally pops its head up. A couple google searchs on it might give better ideas than EQ tech gave you (but that is why the link doesn't work - its so old)

here is one that is something to do after the one above if it doesn't work:

Delete the mss32.dll file from your everquest directory, then do a full file scan from the patcher.. that will download the correct file.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh wait !!! Don't do anything right now :D there is a patch going on!
  7. hackermom New Member

as previously said, launcher wont load, goes to the error message to the dead link
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can delete the mss32 file from your EQ directory without going to the patch. It hopefully will rebuild and correct the issue when you click on the icon. That's why I mentioned to try it after cause if you can't get to the patch to use Bobby's suggestion then that would be the next step to get to it. And folks post ways to bypass the patcher so maybe do a search for that in upper right of the forums. Might help you at least get in the game if you by pass it.
  9. hackermom New Member

i did delete mss32...when i click the icon, it says to run the patcher. the patcher wont run. i filed a help request ticket, no answer to that for days now. my paid time is running, this is really annoying. bobbys suggestion requires the patcher. i will look in forums for ways to bypass the patcher. why isnt anything working? and why no real help? thanks for all the answers, i hope i get an answer that helps soon
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

11. hackermom New Member

i shut down every evening. i reboot first thing when i run into trouble. i build computers for a hobby. reboot router and modem too. sigh. trying your link now
  12. hackermom New Member

13. hackermom New Member

it just keeps telling me it's not a valid path :(
  14. hackermom New Member

i give up. no response from support. absolutely nothing working here now. i am ready to download and reinstall game, but worried about messing up my saved files even more. maybe i should just quit. why pay for a game with no support/help? is there anything special i should do to reinstall?
  15. hackermom New Member

i am considering a last ditch effort before i quit paying and playing. i have been told to delete eq and re-download it, and reinstall it. will this work? and, more important, if i delete all my files on my computer, will i lose my saved accounts and chars?
  16. Kaley_D'vere Journeyman

Try this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/ed0ebac5-612a-49fe-bc47-25b4f5ad2a9c?page=1

Also, if you delete your EQ folder, you'll lose your UI layout, spell sets, hotkeys, etc. It's probably safer to keep a copy of it somewhere. If you do decide to go that route and get it working with a fresh EQ install, pull over the UI_Playername_Server file and the Playername_server file into the new install folder. There may be a few more files depending on whether you have a bazaar mule, etc, but those files should be fairly obvious.

Good Luck!
  17. hackermom New Member

less than a month later, and my launchpad isnt working again! i just re-loaded the entire game three weeks ago, paid for BOTH my accounts, and now not working again! if this is a recurring problem, why isnt there a link to redo the launchpad without downloading the entire game? i am on a limited internet connection, i cant keep downloading all the time. someone, please help!
  18. hellohello123 Lorekeeper

Maybe try bypassing the launcher.

Do start and run, or make a shortcut that does this. Point it to wherever your game is, for me I use the steam download:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Everquest F2P\eqgame.exe" patchme

Do that whole line including the patchme part at the end, and it will just login to the game without the launcher.
  19. Sarkaukar Augur

What antivirus program are you using?

Are you using default installation folder? If so and not using STEAM move your entire EQ directory elsewhere, ie c:\games\Everquest . Then delete your EQ shortcuts on desktop. Drill down to your EQ folder and locate launchpad.exe, right click on it, send to desktop > As shortcut.

Also, launchpad/patcher uses IE dll/hooks, so you may need to reset your IE settings, even if you do not use it for browsing

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478