I need a coach...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Hergatron, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Hergatron New Member

I have been away from this game for many MANY years. I am looking for someone ( a good ol pal if you will ) that could show me the ropes, help bring me up to speed and actually enjoy EQ again. I am soooo tired of WoW and its solo play and toxic playerbase. Any willing to give an old dog a chance? =)
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

As lame as it may sound start a new character and go through the tutorial. It really spoonfeeds you through most of the new changes. I spect you have some 60 to 90 character you wanna jump rright in and play. and that is understandable but You really would benefit from the tutorial.

It might help if you tell people what server you play on and what times you generally play.
    Ozon and Metanis like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

We can coach you asynchronously if you tell us what you want to do in EQ. Biggest question is whether you want to play on live servers or on TLP. My guess is TLP, but i have no idea.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

EQ is a difficult if not impossible game to coach someone thru. I have tried to coach others and it turns out to be more like me just playing the game thru them.

However the game is very friendly with self learning. And we can all guide you - thru this forum or thru your chat in game.

To get started:

If you have interest in your old account you can try to recover it thru this link: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

Get new maps- most of us use both of these and toggle between them as needed.
    Since most players should have an idea of how the game works if you create a level 1 free account on live servers then you can play thru the tutorial which should teach you the basics of the game and help you decide if you want to then pay a subscription for a TLP server or hold off a little longer on the Live server. The only benefit to subscribing right off the bat on a live server is that you would get access to General Chat whereas F2P only get newplayerchat.
    Once you finish the first tutorial then there is a second one up in Plane of Knowledge called "Out of Gloomindeep" given by Secalna Galnor [Tutorials]
    There are thousands of little ins and outs throughout the game which is another thing that makes it almost impossible to cover everything. Alla, Bonzz, Fanra, Almar, EQ Resource, all have good websites with many good walk thrus.
    Have fun - remember ask questions and everyone here can help - google is a big help too.
    Metanis and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Quik Augur

If you make a toon on Aradune look me up. All my toons start with Quik or Kwik and I am currently lvling a Shaman up to group with the zerker I plan on making Sept 15th.

I am happy to help and answer any questions you might have and group whenever time allows.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

I agree with Flatchy. Start a character in the tutorial - even if you don't finish all the quests in there and get to level 10 - it's a good place to review the mechanics and the newer features. You can also hit Secalna Galnor for the out of glooming deep tutorials. That at least gets you caught up on the basics of features that have been added over the years.
    Ozon and Metanis like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your Coach awaits...you can bring it up to any speed you like but just don't let it go below 50mph

[IMG]

Jokes aside the Official Discord is a good place to chat with folks, and ask around if there is a Discord for your class, a few are around.

But if you give us an idea of what you want to achieve & how often you expect to play it will let folks point you in the right direction more easily.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The hardest part of coaching, especially asking on the forums, is access issues. I am 115 on Luclin. I would be happy to show you how to pull, but you need to be a higher level on Luclin playing a class that pulls. If it applies, I would be down to show you some things about aggro radius and mob behavior.

I think you might be able to find some help, but you need to post you server, class and level.

Also, I think just joining an active guild, you will find people to help with the basics.
    Ozon and Skuz like this.
  9. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

What about Desert Bus and Crazy Bus from AVGN?

Desert Bus (Sega CD) - Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) - YouTube

CrazyBus (Sega Genesis) Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) - YouTube