Fixed I made a Palatial Guild Hall Empty

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rexa, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

So... I just ruined Silent Redemption's Palatial Guild Hall on Cazic-Thule (leaving it entirely empty). Here is what happened, step by step:

1. I had a 115 druid that I didn't feel like destroying (but wanted to reclaim her name and make a new toon). I chose to xfer her. She was sitting in the guild lobby.

2. I selected a server, and renamed her with the same name as another one of my existing druid's on CT. It went through the motions and it booted me to desktop (the usual).

3. I went to make a new character on CT using the recycled name, but it said it was "taken" which was unusual since the other toon should've been xferred.

4. I logged back into CT and to my surprise, my 115 druid was still there and with her same/original name. However, she had a crate of eviction placed in her inventory and the xfer service window popped up again.

5. I went through the same steps to transfer her (yet, again) entering the new name and the server. I was booted back to desktop, again.

6. I then went and created with the recycled name successfully the toon I wanted.

7. I logged back into the SR guildhall and woke up with all items vanished. I do not own the items, and I am not the plot owner.

It turns out that everyone had a crate of eviction parceled to them. I believe the bug may have been caused because of the toon not successfully xferring and then causing a naming conflict.
    Metanis, Elyssanda, Yinla and 11 others like this.
  2. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I just learned that everyone that had items received crates of eviction with a notice that "owner changed servers." Some people received EMPTY crates of eviction and are missing items altogether. My level 115 druid was never an owner, and in fact I guild removed her a while ago from SR. There must be a naming conflict on top of the anchor/item issue combined.
    Lisard likes this.
  3. Jumvapace The Most hated

I should hit 'refresh' before posting a comment.. Rexa covered it
    Rexa likes this.
  4. Lisard Silly

We had to move out of the plot and place the empty guild hall onto a new guild hall plot so we could actually begin placing items.

some members who were parceled items from the broken guild hall had empty eviction crates (some members had hundreds of items placed in the guild hall prior to the bug)
    Lophophora and Rexa like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

the Crate of Eviction that Szilent received has no contents. This is superbad, it should include full sets of several generations of Heritage Crate "Art Collector" sets
    Xeladom, Yinla, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  6. zleski Augur

On this note, my bard, Syngg, was sent an Aqueduct Origin, and I know for a fact she never owned one.

Edit: I looked on my various toons and all of the ones who had a (primary) anchor received the Aqueduct (and no anchor) in parcels.
    Rexa likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This has happened to several guilds across servers.

Player housing is an absolute mess. Spaghetti code, mixed ownership, plot rights, etc, etc.

Help us EQ Devs. You're our only hope.
    zleski, Nennius and Rexa like this.
  8. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Another thing/update to add, thanks to this massive headache I have somehow created, is that this is causing a lot of issues with so many people now racing to get plots of land to be able to open the crates of evictions they received. People are trying to get back their anchors, especially (and on multiple alts). Not everyone uses the regular housing system (nor has plots purchased). There is not enough space in the numerous neighborhoods Silent Redemption already has.

I think someone can create a plot and open it up to everyone, but with so many people logging in at different times and still unaware of the situation, it's yet another burden.

Szilent, I'm really sorry about this, man. I hope a dev can rescue us here with your missing items / empty crate.
    zleski likes this.
  9. Raccoo Augur

One of my alts also received an empty eviction crate. He had another eviction crate from a previous eviction that I never unloaded, so that might be the reason. I have no idea what he had on the plot, but I did petition them with the layout I had saved middle of June.
    Rexa likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wouldn't it have been simpler and cheaper to pay for a name change? Just saying.

Any time you transfer characters with stuff in guild hall it always seems to bug.
    Bernel and Loup Garou like this.
  11. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I'm actually debating if it did in fact have anchors because I think they all got sent back to me beforehand, and it may have boiled down to the name conflict. The crate of eviction that got piled into my inventory was empty. This I am unclear on the more I am thinking fo it.

Regardless of what made sense or not, that's irrelevant since people in Silent Redemption lost stuff and are petitioning to get their missing items back thanks to a bug I had no clue existed. The fact that the people that lost their items had no control over what I did with a NON SR guilded toon is what makes it a bonafide bug here. The fact that it stated that my non-SR druid was the "owner that transferred" is a bug. Not to mention that even the guild plot got bugged.

But to answer your question anyhow, I had two druids (115 non-SR and 120 tagged-SR) on the same account and on the same server. I simply wanted to xfer the 115 druid, play it elsewhere, and recycle the name it had again on CT. So that's shooting two birds with one stone. All I did was give it the same name as my 120 CT druid on the xferred server because I was too lazy to get creative with names (the original name was unavailable on the destination server).
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

Quick question for anyone this happened to.
    Did any of you put the crate down in a plot to actually unpack it? I ask because I just transferred a character to another server a week or so ago and she had 2 crates of eviction on her and looking at them they said it's just a crate. I did not say it contained any items. When I bought a plot and placed them down then the items showed up.
  13. Szilent Augur

May I posit a guess that those items that magically showed up for you were *in a house* on the property, not plainly in the chest?

Doesn't apply to these piecewise guild hall evictions. The hall remained, none of the folks that received empty crates were its owner. (nor was the character that left the server, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish)
    Rexa likes this.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Correct. In the house. Was scary though when I first saw the crates and they didnt show items. Before it would say that the crate contained X amount of stuff in it. One was from a guild hall but was her anchor. Her Dragons Hoard also didnt come but CS quickly fixed that.

I hope they can restore all the stuff to all y'all. How awful to go through that.
  15. niente Developer

Thanks for the detailed information, it should be helpful in determining what causes this to happen.

I added the lost items to people's /itemoverflow, if someone is still missing stuff they can send me a PM or petition.
    Metanis and Rexa like this.