I just wanted to recap shaman so far in CoTF.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by hakmer, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Crystilla Augur

Porky,

The comment you state isn't that it conflicts with Dandin's but you're measuring two different things (or at least there is a different variable you inserted that isn't in Dandin's statement).

Shaman (like any class) can be boxed as poorly or as actively as you want - however, a shaman can be actively clicking something just about every moment ... and to Dandin's point, if you're also focusing on a different character you can't be doing this.

What you're referring to is a combination of the above but also player skill - someone who either isn't engaged in the class, is unknowledgeable about the class or otherwise occupied can be a much worse player than a well played box. But that doesn't negate Dandin's comment at all - that someone with 2 characters active can't be on any single player 100% of the time (at least not legally).
  2. porky Augur

My point is I have heard melee/tank mains say many times something to the effect that they play their shaman better than a shaman main. I have never heard anyone say the same of a druid or a cleric or an enchanter. Granted many more people box shamans than any other class due to the OP problem.
  3. Corlen-Xeg Elder

They may think they can play as well as a main, or they just know really bad shamans.
    Mykaylla and Khoza like this.
  4. Crystilla Augur

I'd say the latter (as it's probably true). Trust me, I have heard many say they play their druid or cleric better than a main does.

It really is in the difference in skill level.
    CaRnon likes this.
  5. pk76 Augur

last month , 15 min before raid time , 2 players in my group were running non stop in circle with bard speed on , i casted torpor on them :rolleyes: , one knew what torpor was doing as side effect , but the other one was no clue about it.
    he told to the group " i am bugged and moving at snare speed , and will camp and come back to see if it's going to fix it " :D .
    when he came back on , we asked him if it was fixed and he said yes,,,,,,,,,,the other one told him , " you could just have got rid of torpor buff and didn't need to camp " :)
    Iila likes this.
  6. drkoli Augur

7. porky Augur

That's hilarious. I actually still have Torpor blocked, due to having both brothers play shaman mains. They loved to screw with me. Best joke I ever did to them was to get on my brother's computer and block all his HoTs on his shaman. He must of canni'd himself to death a dozen times before he figured it out.
  8. Tiqou Elder

So, OP was right but all he pointed out is counterbalanced by SHM sense of humor with the Torpor stuff.
  9. Enkel Augur

You're both wrong in regards to the critical damage multipliers and increase to critical chance. Illusions of Grandeur increases critical chance by 10% (Rank 3), while Group Spirit of the Black Wolf increases critical chance by 9% (Rank 4). The critical damage multiplier on Illusions of Grandeur is +250%, while Group Spirit of the Black Wolf is +200%. Since they do not share the same slot, they stack in a sense. Increases to critical chance can add ad nauseam, though achieving over 100% critical chance is practically useless, since each spell will critically hit ,already, at 100%. Critical damage multipliers do not stack, though they might not have literal stacking issues, only the highest critical damage multiplier will be utilized.

In almost all situations you will not use these two at the same time, you will stagger them. Using them to reach higher critical chance is not necessary in almost every raid situation, since you mainly use Illusions of Grandeur during burn situations you will most likely have Auspice of the Hunter from a ranger, which increases critical chance by 27% (Rank 21). This (Auspice and Illusions of Grandeur), in conjunction with alternate abilities that the magician(s) (First Spire of the Elements, +21% critical chance at Rank 3), and wizard(s) will use (Prolonged Destruction +49% critical chance, and Arcane Destruction +40% critical chance (Wizards might use these in a secondary burn phase, depending on how their group staggers/utilizes these AA), will put both classes at, or above, the 100% critical chance mark.

They do, your assumption is correct.

For future reference, trusting Allakhazam's information at face value is like trusting a stranger, be cautious.
    Tarrin likes this.
  10. Enkel Augur

Since I cannot edit my post due to the window passing, I have to post a second time, since I failed to mention this in my last post. As a raiding mage, I know the values of the adps that affects me, and their values for critical damage modifier and critical chance increase, but if you do not, or are not certain, of the values, you can always check EQ Resource, which is ran by Rorce and Riou. Its a great website with a wealth of EQ information, and, in my opinion, is much more helpful for straightforward, applicable, information. Beimeith also has some great posts on his website about adps, and how you can boost your caster(s) dps.

I'm sorry I failed to mention them in my first post, but I didn't use them as a reference. Just realized, now, that it might be helpful to link some sources that you might find yourself. Didn't take too long to find them.

For your resource:

Great posts by Calpal and Beimeith on technical information: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26

Great post, by Beimeith, about wizard dps/adps from SoF: http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72

EQ Resource: Group Spirit of the Black Wolf: http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=32498

EQ Resource: Illusions of Grandeur: http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=38603

Hopefully you can find these useful.
  11. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Yeah, Beimeith is right on.
    He is awesome at playing a Wizard and really knows the in's and out's of this game and the Wizard class.
    But getting all those people and the timing of what to hit when to hit it with 54 different people is monumental. Someone allways messes up something.
    Stacking issues people might not even be aware of etc etc.

I know I have messed up on my timing on things of when to hit something or was out of range when I Clicked / Casted something.
    The other night we were doing An End to Fear raid and he asked for Group Black Wolf from me which I thought I had timed right and I allready casted it and thought he had it but he was out of range when I hit it and he didn't get it. :(
    So many things were going on, my brain was melting. Information over load. LOL!
    Plus sometimes you got to make Judgement calls on whats happening. Maybe I should have used group White Wolf instead on a Tank Group on one of the Bosses?!
    By the way I don't like this raid event An End to Fear :mad:

Lots of variables can happen during any given time.
    As well i'm sure this Happens to Shaman With Melee DPS'age. Their Epic clicks, There heal timing, When to cast Snow leopard, whos doing Slows, who is getting MALO etc etc.

I'd like to know more about what conflicts with Shamans stuff and when they or I should be doing what and when since I've started playing a Ranger Alt from time to time.
    I would like to see a top touch well played Shaman's point of view on stuff for groups and raids at some point. But I think that should be for another thread.
  12. Coruth Augur

Side Note: One thing about Wolf Form that never ceases to amaze me is how many druid mains
    don't know its Target Group Buffable on a raid.

Ever watch a Tank go into Black Wolf Form? Druid forgot to untarget tank before hitting.
  13. malibu66 Elder

14. Coruth Augur

I'll take that as a +1

Which is also why a Druid who dies and decides they need to use Group White Wolf to get back into healing game (over their dps boosting group) should target a cleric group.
  15. malibu66 Elder

Well, actually -1 for not having a delete button. I wanted to to say I doubt many Druid mains "Don't know" that group wolf forms are TGB'able - but the thread seemed derailed enough.

I suspect the reason tank groups get turned to black wolf's is simply mis-targeting, or pressing the wrong hot key, it happens. Well organized Druid's in a raid will know what group and when they are casting group White/Black wolf on.
  16. Coruth Augur

You'd be surprised how many Druid Mains I've argued with over the years that refuse to believe on vent that it works. Until I do it to them chuckle.

Speaking of Wolf Form though.

I still don't understand why they don't take the slot from Group Wolf Form
    6: Increase Mana by 50 per tick and turn it into a single group version of mana

And make it more like the Slot from Quiet Miracle.
    2: Adjust Mana (15000)

Even assuming Developers don't want to "Add" overall Mana

Group Wolf Form Lasts: 3 Min 27 Seconds with Tunic so 35 Tics + 1 Phantom Tic = 36 Tics
    36 * 50 = 1800 Mana.

At least give the 1800 mana all at once so a druid that dies can hit Single White Wolf and get a few heals off while waiting for Rod to pop.

Though Id argue the amount should be boosted some. But at the least, giving it all at once would make a recovery difference
    CaRnon likes this.