I just wanted to recap shaman so far in CoTF.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by hakmer, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Llayena New Member

Snowman likes this.
  2. porky Augur

Shaman are OP, across the board pretty much. I could agree with you that their cast times on lynx and focus be reduced, due to the fact that they have other things to worry about mid raid. But their heals especially group heals(thinking of raids) are a 1.0 second cast time pulsing heal that stacks with everything and recasts itself every six seconds, compared to a druids 4.5 cast time group heal that is always out of range of at least one person in their group.

But put class over-imbalance out of the picture. What would make things better for the Shaman player, maybe making lynx a pulsing MR-type aura. Then you would only have to recast it every 2 or 3 mins like druids and enchanters do now. Or even better if shaman had a pulsing type aura maybe they would fix auras so they weren't constantly having to be recast every 2 or 3 mins. Lord knows the devs haven't listened to the rest of us in this request.

In my opinion the main problem with shaman is that they are OP and "easy" That's why half the players in the game have or box a shaman alt. I think to make them more viable there needs to be more skill introduced to the class to get them to "perform" Maybe nerfing the shaman epic isn't a bad idea. Maybe having their ADPS abilities linked to their personal DPS(melee and casting) abilities would do the trick. Then it wouldn't be a case of just cast and click to turn melee into powerhouse mode. It would require an active player to get the most out of the shaman playing.

If I were to wager a guess as to how our classes got stuck in the respective ruts we are in, I would wager that the dev(s) responsible for this mess play or played a melee toon boxing a shaman and were once trained by a druid and that they are now stuck in some sort of sociopathic revenge cycle. Just a guess though!
  3. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Reply to Llayena......

Yeah I cought the Spiritual Surge thing as a heal to late for me to edit it.
    Personally I think Spiritual Surge should have a wider range then 30. Maybe around 50 or 75?!
    I also wanted to reword that Shamans ADPS doesn't show up under their names on a DPS parse too.
    Damn the 15 min chance to edit. LOL!

Our Group Spirit of the Black Wolf has a 91% crit chance on Direct Damage spells and has a cast time thats instant but Enchaters get Illusions of Grandeur. IoG has a 90% crit chance with direct Damage spells and a Crit DoT damage mod of 110% So if were grouped with an ENC we got to have good communication when who hits what to maximize Mage's and Wizards and even Druid's DPS (If the Situation allows Druids to DPS).
    Talisman of the Snow Leopard Rk. III cast time is 7.5 seconds but I honestly don't know if Shaman have AA's to speed up its cast time or recast time. I'm guessing gear haste and Spell haste and Tribute Haste shortens it. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
    Slows don't help casted Damage at all or accounts for ADPS, it helps people not get pummeled as badly. I don't know why you thru that in there. A raid boss is going to more then likly kill a silky or druid in one round no matter if its slowed or not.
    I mostly use Wildspark Aura Rk. III for my damage Aura because of Skin to seedlings but Wildspark gets over written by Enchaters Damage Aura.

I allways think of game play more in raiding terms then grouping.
  4. porky Augur

Siwin to throw a bone to your casters here. IoG and Group spirit of the black wolf stack, its increase in critical damage not increase in critical chance. IoG has stacking issues with Intensity vet AA and Bard Fierce eye, it works perfectly well with us. My group geared chanter can nuke for 180k with the two running.

Not meaning to derail this thread in any manner just helpin a fellow druid out on a misconception.
    Dandin likes this.
  5. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Reply to Llayena.....
    What you said "But the whole point of MY original post, Siwin, is that if you feel druids are underpowered, post in what ways with examples in the druid section instead of attacking shaman."
    I'm not attacking Shaman at all, please don't think that I am. I'm trying to point out the differences.

And for heveans sakes druids have and so have I (Expansion after Expansion after Expansion) gave ideas, made suggestions, gave examples of X,Y,Z, of this and that to have nearly every single one of them not implemented or just outright ignored. 99% of the time we don't even get a responce. And sometimes they have said yes to an idea only to change there minds later and said no. For instance and most recently, Some sort of burst mana return to recover after a death more quickly. Especially for raiding purposes more so then grouping.
    The last thing Druids got (That was useful) that I can remember, that all of us druids asked for, and we asked for it for YEARS was for one big nuke (relatively speaking in what other DD spells can do), which we got, but the DEV's made it magic based which subsequently gets resisted a lot and Druid's have no way to reduce a MOB's Magic resist except for a realy OLD spell that works on animals only which only decreases their magic resist by 20.
  6. Piestro Augur

We don't really need druid vs shaman class warfare. This isn't an us vs. them situation.
    noclue, Drathos_BotS and Khoza like this.
  7. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Yes I know this about Group Black Wolf, IoG Intensity vet AA and Bard Fierce Eye stuff.
    And I mistyped that on the Crit chance and meant to say Crit Damage.
    But I swear sometimes it seems that Black Wolf, both group and self version increases crit chance.
  8. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I'm not trying to take it there, but threads about the differences in classes allways seem to wind up there somehow LOL!
  9. Llayena New Member

Yeah didn't mean to do that either honestly. Just tired of shaman threads being derailed by what druid's lack. Apparently, I failed to get the point across. GO GO TORPOR FTW /kisses Dald! Miss you irl.
  10. Khoza Augur

Quick Buff hastens this, but the cast time can't get below 50%, so a 3.8 cast time is minimum no matter how much haste you stack. That's a LONG time when you might need to abort to cast a heal, or when grouping, the mob might well be dead 5 seconds after you finish casting.
  11. Corlen-Xeg Elder

And all that cast time for 600 DPS times five.

I could probably stop casting it and nobody with notice a drop in their DPS. But then I'd be doing even less on raids. I'm inclined to agree with Llayena that it feels like all we do is cast epic and heal. Group healing a meele group certainly is a fun challenge but some more depth could be nice.
    Snowman likes this.
  12. malibu66 Elder

LOL - stop that! If you don't want to talk about Druids - then stop talking about Druids! This (to me) isn't about what Druid's lack - it's about the continual mis-information that people get about what Druid's have.
    If you want to have an unmolested thread about Shaman abilities, then discuss Shaman abilities - not how much you suck compared to Druids. Comparing yourself to other classes will always invite the other classes to participate.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lol I was literally in the middle of a Torpor post before I got distracted with work!

I still am envious of Shamans with Torpor and Turgurs soloing stuff in Sebilis that would summon you while Druids would get that stuff to 80% before running oom from chain superior healing. NEVER forget the era of Druid uselessness that was Velious.

Shamans don't have it that bad, as stated earlier some personal DPS boosts would help:

Unlink their Bite spell line (currently constructed by recast timer 6)
    Introduce AAs to reduce recast on aforementioned Bite spell line (currently 12s recast), drop to maybe 9-10s recast
    Perhaps make pet more potent as a DPS tool.

Beyond that. Less QQ more pew pew.
  14. Llayena New Member

Except, the initial post by Snow doesn't mention druids and I didn't post til page 3. Your argument is invalid. Go go counterbias on boss mobs and sympathetic mana procs!

Our one second "group heal" has a 90 second refresh, only works if the party is below 50%, while our group heal has a recourse and the tics proc off the buffed persons heal mods not the casters, and has a 24 second recast. Also common misconceptions regarding shaman. And I still miss you irl. I personally don't have an issue with our healing and consider surge a compensatory bone to our original purpose heading towards being altered yet again. After 12 years it would just be nice to focus on not being altered yet again. If I wanted to be a cleric or druid, I would have picked that class. And our dps is not what it should be. See, I don't need to parse to be happy. I just want to kill a mob before vp wears off.

I gave up long ago trying to keep a shaman a shaman, but atm I am seriously getting bored. Thought it was worth a shot and logged on to see 10 year old torpor crap /shrug. And I still miss you irl!
    Snowman likes this.
  15. malibu66 Elder

I wasn't responding to the OP - I was responding to your accusation that Druid's derail Shaman threads because of something we lack- ironically in a post that was supposed to be an anti us-vs-them comment. Want to talk about improving Shaman heals or DPS - great! Perfect! Saying Druid's are vastly superior healers and can simultaneously heal and crank out 100k DPS - not so great.
  16. Snowman Augur

can a druid please post that this 100k dps burn is possible cause people won't believe me -- not this has anything to do with this thread -- anyways - dev's please fix maw somehow - gives our pets something - heal proc even since we seem to get anything heal related lol and some more personal dps please ! and give druids some sort fix to their mana problems - hell give them canni for all I care.
  17. porky Augur

This! This is something druids and shaman have very much in common. The druid exodus came in LDoN. The shaman exodus is in the last couple of years. But both because of the whole "cleric light" re-envisioning.

I say more than anything... Devs please listen; two players I am related to quit over this very reason. Make it so that shaman players(main players) have a noticeable effect over a shaman bot. This is what needs to be done for the shaman players out there. Class balance aside, you need to make it so that shaman players have a noticeable advantage over a shaman bot.
  18. Dandin Augur

No player can box a shaman as effectively as a single person playing just the shaman. It's not possible. When you box your attention is split. You miss things.

It's the nature of the beast.

You can get close, but the numbers tell the story.

I lose DPS on my chanter, (around 10% on average, when I box)
  19. porky Augur

I box a druid and an enchanter, when i play only one of the two I am an incredibly good player, when i box them both i am much less so. There is a huge difference between a boxed chanter or druid and a real living player at the wheel. This apparently isn't the case for shaman, as I have heard many times some melee comment that they play a better shaman than "insert shaman-main name here." If the shaman class were more complex like druids and enchanters are then a real living shaman player would have the noticeable advantage over the boxed one.
  20. Dandin Augur

Sorry I disagree. This is the same for all classes