I just cancelled three accounts :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Jul 12, 2021.

1. cadres Augur

If there is an issue of basic comprehension, it's not emanating from this direction.
    We are conversant with what was posted.
    Notwithstanding this, some people, including myself, have opined that we would really like this info in game.
    Personally, I have further stated that I am happy to have information which is not perfectly accurate as this is, to me, better than no information.

You may be a person who sends their drink back if it's 0.01ml more or less than the advertised size. Personally I don't care - better an inaccurately measured drink than not drink.

It really isn't necessary to criticise people who want different things to you. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with our brains, intellect etc - it just means 'different'
    Herf likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am just stating the facts that they say they can't easily fix it and they don't want to display bad information in the game. Sure you say you might not care but you are not the only one impacted by any potential bad information.

This is nothing like a drink being the wrong size. If this information is off by a few days and money is withdrawn from an account before it is expected it can cause problems. You seem to think that having this information is important because you need to track the date. How much good does it do to track the date when it is wrong?

I am not criticizing you for saying you want this, the issue is refusing to accept the given reasons for it being removed and not being put back in.
  3. cadres Augur

I never said anything about tracking dates....
    I used to have a very useful piece of information right in front of me that said '330 days remaining... 250 days..." etc etc
    Once it gets to '45 days..'(very approximately) I start evaluating whether I want an annual sub on that acc, whether I can do what I need to with it within those days, should I throw a krono or 2 at it etc.

I am conversant with the reasons given
    As they did not ask us whether we wanted the slightly inaccurate info or no info, it seems pertinent to a) make sure that perspective is aired and b) some time after the event make it clear that this is a utility which is still very much missed. This thread was an opportunity for b)

As I said before, I have not seen an official statement for reasons for it not being put back in - only for removal.
    I don't consider slightly inaccurate information 'bad' information. Bad is being given 100ml of insulin when you needed 10ml. Being given 10.01ml is fine.
    YMMV, but that doesn't change the subjective evaluation of 'bad' or 'inaccurate' into an incontrovertible fact
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I wish it would come back. It was convenient if not quite 100% accurate to warn me a few days early to avoid logging in and being silver one day.
    cadres likes this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I would take it that you aren't on a sub then? If not, someone had a good idea of clicking a krono at the same time every month before you know your account will go silver. If people have multiple accounts, then the same suggestion could apply. Others have suggested a sticky note. Personally, I keep a notepad document that tells me when things will be paid out. The in-game sort-of notice was a convenience provided by the company, not a requirement for doing business.
  6. Tappin Augur

The devs intention doesn’t matter in this case - it’s what it looks like to majority of end users. That behavior is being reinforced by the fact that they removed it launcher (this doesn’t make sense with their explanation).
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im a bit confused, can someone explain what the big deal is? :confused:

Why is it important to know when the account gets auto-renewed? or when a krono runs dry?

I have never owned a krono, and have no experience with using them, is the user-interface bad or something? Does logging in temporarily with only silver rights while you click a krono, break something? do you have to log out and in again after clicking it?

Do you get reverted to SILVER/F2P mid-fight, or is it something that only happens when you log off?

Can't you just hotkey a krono and get back to GOLD-access midfight too? Make an AT for when it runs out or something?
  8. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I can't answer most of that, but I do know that if you play on a TLP and your sub drops, you can't login to your character select screen to see the DB icon. You can go to another server though, as far as I understand. Not sure if you have to login all the way to a character or not, but that isn't really a big deal.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you are on a TLP and using Krono then when that odd month hits you are taken by surprise cause the Krono expired sooner than you thought. If you thought at all. They try to log in and cannot.

So now the player has to log into a live server to claim the Krono on the account. And they have to log all the way in. Then they can go back to their TLP account and get in.

As soon as that Krono expires and you log out you go off the TLP and cannot get back on.

And for regular servers if you miss the "consume Krono" date you lose your DBC for that month.

Once again a simple issue that got blown out of proportion because some folks cannot take responsibility for their actions.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Do you just get a disconnect if you sub-drops while you play on a TLP?

It seems to me, that allowing players to play 5 mins as F2P/SILVER on a tlp server, and give them a warning(with big letters) so they can click a krono before the 5 minutes are up, would be an user-friendly solution.
  11. Conq Augur

I've had the game drop me when a box's krono time ran out. Just that account disconnected, no warning, no in game method of checking that account's status or time remaining. Live server, Tunare. Very poor customer service and experience as reported by this customer. I keep track now, out of game and recheck it far too often, because one night of no trader online costs me $$ and I've got 6 mouths to feed!
    Conq
    Herf and CatsPaws like this.