I hope this is the last expansion...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jan 16, 2014.

1. boukk_sebilis Augur

We get these kind of post every year since like GoD?

Aren't you guys bored yet? o_O
  2. Edrick Augur

Argh, page 4! This thread is dying!
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Bluejaye Elder

4 is a nice even number. It's the square of the first prime number. It's fits eq lore. Four major archetypes, 4 elementals, 4 zones in this expansion.
  4. Xirtket Augur

I hope EQ keeps going, I enjoy the game, it would be a sad day for many people if it shuts down.
  5. Oranges Augur

Expansions are boring because it's always the same type of content, same AA, same mobs.

I think it would be more fun if they just reset all the servers and expansions and let everyone start over. EQ was a lot more fun in the beginning, a lot more casual and relaxed, a lot less gimmicky, it felt more real.
  6. Edrick Augur

Now we're getting all Poe's Law in here.
  7. Tuluvian Elder

Considering once upon a time things used to be equal, solo classes sucked at raiding , non-solo classes were godly during raids, etc... today, the game is broken... there is no longer a need for 90% of the classes that exist today, there is a use for them but no need. in today's game all you need is 3-5 classes period, which is sad..

That said, it doesnt matter if this is the last expansion or not... most of us will quit during it anyway... it's design was made for all but a few classes to do so.
    Azzurri likes this.
  8. Khat_Nip Meow

Whatever you say, ace.
  9. Tuluvian Elder

can you name 1 reason why anyone should continue buying expansions.... we've seen incompetence for any balance. The complete lack of hard content shows the desire to move people into a direction of much challenge. What's left? solo abilities and selling pl's in hope to do easy mode raid content.... Good luck selling it for more then 1 more year.
    Norathorr likes this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

1 reason : To do things I haven't done before with the friends I have made over the years of playing.

I just won the thread!
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

Let's revisit this thread one year from now and see who's right. Hint: It won't be you.
  12. Tuluvian Elder

Perhaps, but if I'm right this thread won't exist. Good luck! As some one who's played this game since 2000 I hope you are right, I just hope it's a game every class enjoys actually playing.
    Norathorr likes this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I am pretty sure every single expansion there has been some class with an issue.
  14. Tuluvian Elder

No matter how friendly you are in game, you can't do 100% of everything with just a few friends.
  15. Tuluvian Elder

Very few have lasted over 1-2 expansions. Many were overly exaggerated, or singled out 1 aspect of the game while being completely op'd in another..
  16. Brogett Augur

You underestimate how dumbed down you could make a game if you wish ;)

IMO EQ will last. It will probably dwindle, and SOE will probably throw less resources at it, but as long as money spent < money earnt then there is no reason to wind it up. It's clear this has been the policy for some time. Expansions just aren't as all encompassing and grand as they once were, but they still come. They need to ditch the 4-part release cycle though as that's doing more harm than good.
  17. Edrick Augur

Blame the players. That's what a huge majority of them wanted. When asked at SOE live if we'll ever get hard raids like some of the ones from Veil of Alaris, one of the devs at the panel gave a flat out no.

As for nerfs, people use that word like it meant a developer is wringing his or her hands and has a Snydley Whiplash mustache when they change an ability. The pursuit of balance is not a malevolent scheme. As an example, no time to bleed certainly wasn't intended to block detrimentals, anybody who isn't a kneejerk reactionary knows this. It was nice to be sure, but definitely not intentional.

Your "the sky is falling" attitude has been around for over ten years. EQ is doing alright. It's your expectations with EQ that has changed the most. You aren't the first person to say it and you won't be the last.
    Candydare likes this.
  18. savrin Augur

Even if there are no flashy things sold with next expansion I would still need to buy it, if level caps increased and to raid new raids with my guild. I would prefer to raid and not sit so yeah its kinda required for raiding. So maybe if no new raids at all for 1 year and no level cap increase I would not have a reason to buy a new expansion. That probably won't happen regardless of how much money they refuse to give EQ devs for the good the game.
  19. Astehroth Elder

If EQ becomes so starved of content and EQ subscription gives all access pass for other games then maybe just maybe we will all give EQN a try.

NOT.
  20. Tharrg Augur

EQN will be F2P.... you can give it a try anyway... As for EQ dieing.. this has been such an old same old same old... that its run its course. EQ will die.. but only after many years. Unless SOE goes bankrupt and has to sell everything,,, only then might we see the game be shelved... But for now.. its the only real money maker they have,