I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Eggolas Augur

2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

3. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

I play a girl toon. I'm a guy.

You missed the entire reason for my post.

If someone plays a female toon, and that person gets called a female. There is No reason to correct said person. I don't mind bashing my eyelids!
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reread your post that was not your point. This wasn't a RL gender identity issue. You went way overboard on something that was very simple.
  5. Eggolas Augur

6. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

Whether or not you agree with the point of my post is of no issue. I wrote words. You seemed to misinterpret my words.

I tried to clarify said words. You said that my clarification was wrong.

I will try and clarify again for you. If the avitar picture is a girl. If the character is a girl. Then that person should take zero offense to being called a girl.

If a girl is paying a guy toon and the toon is referred to a guy. Then there should be no offense.

Therefore there is no reason to ever correct anyone for using a pronoun that describes what is displayed.

Your correction is what should have never happened. Let the player keep the illusion of being a woman until corrected by that player.

I often think of the movie gamer. Where that big dude is playing that hit chick. Don't ruin it for the big dude...

With that being said... Let's change the topic of take this to tells so that this thread doesn't get locked.

Let's work together to try and get the new gear to have a recommendation level less than 115.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You should probably private message Allayna and me - or anyone with a correction - in the future.

You've turned it into a public spectacle. It's probably some passive-aggressive jab since Allayna and I are on the other side of the Tappin-Corwyhn "easy XP" opinion.
  8. Mazame Augur

I think you miss the point. it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it. Corwyhn will post because he has to comment on every post at least 5+ times. I not even sure he reads what he comments on because you will see in some post he has 3-4 post in a row with no one else posting other then him self. Replying to his post just gives him a reason to post 5 more times.
    Zaray likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No I really dont think that is needed and no not any sort of jab at Allayna. You are reading way too much into it and I simply stated a correction I was not the one to create any sort of spectacle. I don't believe I was the one who tried to turn it into a gender sensitivity issue then pass it off as they were just saying sometimes guys get called gals when playing female toons.

It was a simple heads up and shouldn't have generated anything. *shrugs*
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The best excuse I heard for a guy playing a female char was "they wanted 1 female they could control".

As a female myself, this was the best reason he could have given me, I have always had more respect from males playing females after his responce and stopped thinking of the guys playing gals as pervs....
  11. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

You called the dude out on a public forum. That is the definition of creating a spectacle.
    Your still not dropping it. You were the one who insisted that males playing female toons should be forced to be called a male.

Anyways, I agree that the exp this expansion is stupid easy via quest. I agree that mob xp should be increased to normal xp. Because it's silly to kill for .001%. It's silly because I can afk in pok getting task adds working on trade skills. At the very least they need to move the XP given to the players next to the NPC. The problem is they put it into the achievements. So you can be anywhere and it's uncontrolled.

There are enough threads about the XP. This thread is about how when leveling from 110 to 115 any gear(that has the luck stat) you get including augs you can't use.

This thread is about how XP from killing mobs is so low it's just not something to do... Now one day we'll get that evolving earring and have a reason to kill mobs in a grind type fashion. Until then we'll all just do the stupid easy missions and get silly I xp.

The padding required for levels is large because of the gear requirement. If you so happen to unding then your naked. 1 level should not strip you of all your gear.
  12. Laronk Augur

But you get more than 0.001% exp per kill in TOV (30 to 50 times more)

You guys need to stop presenting lies as if they were fact.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Umm I didn't call him out the guy isn't pretending to be female. And ummm no I did not insist that guys playing female toons be called he. I just stated it was a he. Should have ended there. Or if someone was worried I guess THEY could have PMd me and I could have easily explained I wasn't being gender insensitive you know...well instead of assuming I was.

And all I am doing now is responding to others. Don't post to me about it and I won't talk about it. :)
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would agree stating percentages unless they are factual doesn't help things. I don't have percentages but I guess it would be a good idea to check. To me all that really matters is it seems out of whack with most other expansions.
  15. Buri Augur

The best one I heard was from our supergroup leader in the old City of Heroes game... he said "if I'm gonna be looking at someone's butt in spandex for the next couple of years, it might as well be a girl's"
  16. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

So you think because of this the gear should be required level 115?
  17. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

You have to have the last word. That is just too funny.

It probably pains you to not reply to this comment.
  18. Keeneyes Journeyman

“Hyperbole, from a Greek word meaning "excess”, is a figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point or show emphasis. It is the opposite of understatement. Hyperboles are not comparisons, like similes and metaphors, but extravagant and even ridiculous overstatements that are not meant to be taken literally.“

I’m almost certain nobody thinks the xp rate is actually 0.001% per kill. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out they’re using exaggeration as a way of emphasizing their point that mob xp, in their opinion, is too slow for this expansion. If you think they’re being serious and actually presenting that number as a hard fact, that’s on you.
  19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

so wait, you're actually complaining that because you took 2 0% rezzes and ended up barely into your level that the gear should be changed? the hell are you doing that you die so much before you can get a rez? literally every priest class and paladins have 96% rezzes between mobs....

either don't save up a corpse pile while you're not deep into your level, or don't die so damn much. this isn't long division here.....
  20. Warpeace Augur

Nah, just wait for it....its coming.