I have to beat the expansion and get 50%xp in a level to wear the gear?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Derka Power Ranger

When RoS came out quite a few people ground out 106-110 in FM. I love ToV, dont see the problem that people are having with massive exp bonuses from just saying a few keywords to a quest NPC. Pick up a quest and go kill stuff, half of them are just running around for updates and killing 1-2 mobs. 8% exp for such easy tasks? Complainers.
  2. Laronk Augur

I ground out the last 20% of 114 in gmm it really wasn't too bad I wanted to see if I got the 0.001% xp people promised but I got much better, if people want to grind it out they can. There's people who in TBL were still grinding AA in FM
  3. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

The problem is even when you hit 115 you still can't wear the gear. Due once and it's yellow.

You need to pad 115 with about 25% xp before changing augs and equipping.

The missions do not get you to 115. The missions do not give decent xp when repeated. The tofs merc quest gave 0% xp for doing them...

The merc missions and other quest should give some xp every time you do it. Not just the first time.
  4. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Ya'll arguing about req 115. Dat rec 115 rec/110 req modified damage reduction on 2 hand weapons @ 111 is brutal.
  5. Apricots Lorekeeper

this xpac is super rushed, the feeling of progression and reward is broken/not there at all. it's probably one of the worst xpacs of all time if i'm being honest.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Strongly agree.

Quests in EverQuest have always had fairly poor rewards. It's why I liked LDoN so much. LDoN made quests a thing. This expansion has the right idea, but placed all of it on ACH. A little should be on the quest and repeatable.
    Endaar likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I like that I can run a parser and give real numbers on DPS. On XP I can't.

At 111+ I am getting about 0.033%+ per kill depending on the zone. That makes each level about 3k kills. Since I was getting 0.037% per kill in the Overthere, I think it would be reasonable to get a kill every 30 seconds, making those 3000 kills take about 25 hours of play time. At 3 hours per night, that's just over a week per level.

Is that bad math?
  8. Angahran Augur

So, since you need to be 115 to wear the gear that is even a slight upgrade from the previous expansion, you expect people to mindlessly kill mobs for an entire year for nothing ? Just so they cen finally get gear that will be replaced in the next expansion ?

Or maybe DBG are planning on it taking over a year to max in the next level increase expansion and have the gear flagged as higher than the max level ?
  9. bortage spammin lifetaps

I feel like a good compromise would be awarding decent xp for repeated quests, would also ensure that people who come in a bit late can still get through the grind since people won't just abruptly stop running the content
  10. svann Augur

To get the T2 gear (ToV content) you have to get the new levels (ToV content).
    To get the new levels (ToV content) you have to do the new quests (ToV content).
    And who said there wasnt any progression?
    :)
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

None of the previous Level increase expansions had required max level on the tier 2 gear, even when they was only 2 or 3 tiers of gear. They all had T1 being the previous level cap or lower, the T2 being at the +2/3 level req, and if there was T3/4 gear it was only then that the req was at the new level cap. The highest the req on T2 gear should be is 113 with 115 being a rec. If they want to put a 115 req on the TS gear, then ok, but even that is pushing it. Ideally, T1 should be 110 req with 113 rec, T2 should be 113 req with no rec, and the T3 TS gear should be 113 req with 115 rec.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The XP rate isn't the issue of the thread. The issue is that the gear has gear req levels for a non-level increase expansion instead of a level increase expansion.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

I wasn't talking about the gear at all. I was talking about the miss information about the XP rate.

The T2 gear not having a Rec 111 is a mistake.

So no, bringing the topic full circle, I do not expect that. I do hope they add a recommended level.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except the topic has been about the gear and not the xp rate from the start.
  15. Laronk Augur

Ahh yeah someone else already showed me and I replied oo I guess it should all be req 111. I honestly always just quest and hit max level and gear mostly sits in my bags for a while
    Deathly likes this.
  16. mordsith Journeyman

Is the OP trolling? anyway I am currently a grouper and I think TOV is awesome!

In TBL, although interesting, my weaker groups struggled to kill any named creatures. The named mobs typically crushed me and friends unless I was grouped with strong tanks. Very frustrating doing quests and killing normal mobs to have to ignore the cool named that would periodically spawn. I gave up for a 1/2 year but came back to work on my and other teammates characters and was starting to make progress in TBL and was looking forward to Tov.. In Tov there seems to be a lot of emphasis on being able to kill some named creatures, and yes good progression quests. I and team were actually (some deaths ensured, but still fun!) able to early on kill a named in TOV! Exciting!

I see the point/question about the T2 and T3 armour, but that appears to be an incentive to level to 115. You don't have to use the T2/T3 gear if you don't want to (e.g. you aren't level 115), but honestly this expansion is awesome for the grouper. GMM didn't have visible gear, and the T1 atunable TOV gear is quite welcome! Easily equivalent to T3 (ts) TBL gear.

Personally, when I can get to 115 (I am taking my time a bit, but will get there), I and others can go back to TBL and likely have more success.

Tx DB!

Mordsith
    Deathly likes this.
  17. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

No I'm not trolling. I am level 115. Last night I took 2 calls. After that I was 3% into my level.

The problem is the padding required. If the level requirement was at least 114 I could get call backs. Had that healer killed me and called me back again, then I would be 114 and naked.

I normally don't mind call backs. Especially when I have expedient recovery up. The isuue is the required level for the gear needs to be less that 115.

I am not trolling. I finished the expansion. Got all the achievements. That's how I got to 115. I also have hunter done in most zones. The level requirement being 115 is the purpose of this post. It is not a good design.

Since I finished the expansion in last year's gear, yes I really don't need this year's gear. So what your suggesting is to just not use it since I don't need it and start using it when the next level cap takes us to 120?
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Himself. Allayna is a guy.
  19. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

Let's not assume anyone's gender. It's not for us to tell others how they identify in life.

From every thing I see this person Allayna identifies as a female. However, I could be wrong. All I know is if someone calls a person posting on a forum with a female profile Pic a girl. Then good for them. Because that's how that person identifies in EQ.

If you know the person personally and you have proof that he is a guy. Then I would suggest you checking with that person before calling them a gender.

The only person that should correct someone commenting about one's gender is that person. If someone has a female character and is referred to as "her" then that person should take no offense to being called her.

EQ got it more right than real life. It's not much money at all to change your gender in EQ. If someone wanted to change every week they are allowed to do that. It is not up to us to remind people that there EQ gender is different than the gender that they want to be. Let's try not to hurt people's feelings over something that really doesn't matter.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Allayna and I are on the same server he identifies as a guy. Just so you know many players play female toons but still identify as guys. A lot say if they are going to play they like a pretty toon to look at. I guess that could be sexist if you want to get really politically correct. I said something because I actually knew the answer not because I made an assumption.

And while most of us don't refer to ourselves by gender identifiers when we speak all Allayna's guildies call him he in any communication with me. I would hope they would be respecting his wishes.

Shouldn't your attempt at political correctness be directed at the person who called Allayna a "she" I mean after all just because they have a female sounding toon name is no reason to attach a female gender descriptive of them etc etc repeating your post. People can have any name they want after all.. and further down the rabbit hole we go.

And just to be clear I have no problem respecting someone's gender identification. And if I am ever in error I would be the first to apologize.
    Vumad and Cadira like this.