I have the opposite shroud problem (can't get into one)...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tatanka, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

With the dropping of the fear shards and their level requirements, I have a number of them (actually 8 of the 9 I've found) that are not in my level range (found by alts, etc). To turn them in, I need to shroud to the right level. So two questions:

1 - If I don't do this by Tuesday, will I lose the benefit of turning them in?
    2 - Will the Shroudkeepers be showing up again before Tuesday? It's been several days, and this doesn't seem like rocket science to get them to respawn.

Tat
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Hopefully it is obvious by now that they were removed intentionally. Largely, I suspect, to combat the experience exploit that people have used in expansions past. However, it would not surprise me if it was also done to combat the exploit that you are complaining of being unable to participate in. The shards are dropping in a certain fashion and are limited in the ability to turn them in; it is astonishing to me that anyone thinks using a shroud or dying a lot to delevel is a valid method of gameplay within the scope of the EULA.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Actually, it's your answer that astonishes me. I find a bunch of shards, one or two at a time, on many different level chars. I'm supposed to run multiple LOW LEVEL chars to a level 95 zone, to turn in a couple shards, which gains me nothing? Or give them all to my highest level char (who's only 86, I'm a casual soloer) and just have him get the benefit? This whole fear shard thing seems incredibly poorly though out to me, especially compared to what they did last year for the VoA roll-out.

Tat

PS - update. I guess, from reading the news post about the rewards, that the quest will still be there after launch. So I guess I just wait til the shroud keepers are back.

PPS - One more comment on the "exploit" remark.... I checked several of the shards I found, and realized they were never in the level range of the chars who got them. For example, I got meager fear shards in Roost. They are marked as level 41-55. In the level 55 hot zone. My chars were 56, 57, and 58 when they found the shards. So it's no exploit to shroud for turn-in. It's the stupid itemization. Like a level 41 could survive in Roost!