I have not played since LDoN and am returning maybe?!?!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by FullMetalPope, Oct 18, 2012.

1. FullMetalPope New Member

Hello EQ people. I am a oldschool EQ player from launch until LDoN. Those NToV raids and Lost Dungeons were so much fun! EQ has always held a special place in my heart, (Im not trying to sound weird or anything) and when the raid guild I was in moved to another game when it launched, it was a real bummer. Anyways, after eleven years of raiding our guild disbanded after an AWESOME run and I figured I would come back to EQ and give it a go because I would like to continue playing mmo's.

I raided as an Ogre Shaman on the Brell Serilis server. I noticed that server is gone and would like to know if it would be possible to start fresh on a new character with a big fat 0 (goose egg) for AA's and be wanted in a guild later? I am looking to raid for sure because it is in my blood hehe. I was thinking of going with a Paladin, I hope they are better now because they were absolutely TERRIBLE when I last played and they werent taken on raids sadly except for one. I think it was for the Brell's buff if my memory serves my correctly?

Any insight would be great on the Paladin class because I would really like to continue tanking. I would also like to know which server would be good to go to for East Coast times and with a nice healthy population. Not to seem rude but I would rather not start fresh on a super low populated server with no one playing.

I am almost done with the download now and will goof around learning the UI and commands again until I get get some reply's so I can determine where I need to go. Thanks for reading my post!
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

The server isn't really gone, it's merged. Several server merges since those days. However, your toon should still be there. Unless there was some terrible error or bug that gave him the deletion boot =/.

As such don't necessarily have to start fresh if you still have the old account. If you don't you can either try and get it back, or (like me) just start over.

If you do start over, it's not hard to catch back up! Journeyman 1 warrior mercs alone can carry you to the 65-70 range easily and very quickly. From there you can try and find some help getting some gear, cash, levels, AAs, etc etc. Lots of friendly people on EQ. Always have been. So long as you don't outright beg people I'm sure someone will be more than glad to toss some plat and items your way or maybe xp you a bit. :)

Welcome back! Surprised you lasted that many years. Longest I ever lasted was 4 and a half. It's an addiction huh? lol
  3. FullMetalPope New Member

HAHA ya.

I did want to keep playing but the majority rules so we left EQ.
    And also, I definitely AM NOT looking for a free ride, that is for sure. I have many years of mmo's so it is easy for me to farm and whatnot.

I will tell you, I am really looking forward to doing Chardok and Seb again. Those were my favorite zones in the game. Oh ya, killing Halflings and Ganomes also. lol
  4. Draconic Journeyman

Hello FullMetalPope and welcome back to EQ!!!

Progression X may be a perfect fit for you. We are a causal progression raiding guild on Trakanon. We are currently raiding High end Luclin and PoP t1-t3. Are goal is to go through each expansion in the order, level, gear it was meant to go through. We are currently level capped at 65 and always looking for new recruits!

For more information visit our site, send me a PM or /tell Draconinc, Burp, Raynard, or Nemo in game!
  5. Malkavius Augur

Just to add. Paladins are far better nowdays from everything I have heard.
  6. Numzan Augur

TO OP,
    you dont have to feel like your getting a free ride, thats why mercs where created. Lots love to help others out doing quests or gear hunting. Even the majority are spaming about gear drops. Its ok to /take rot drops you know. We (those that do annonce) feel some kind of happyness when someone "Needs" the items that rot.

Do use a merc, and you can level up in no time. Stromm server is decent, i do like the people there.

All servers have /afkers, and soloers. I wish i could give you a server that has 10k LFGers.

Enjoy your return, Silver, or Gold... i do recommend staying silver until you build up your aa's and gear.
    You can also learn to bot a needed class to help your main progress.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Paladins are an extremely powerful class at the moment, if utilized correctly. They do require active play though as opposed to trying to afk auto dps in order to achieve their potential.

Given a melee dps support group, a paladin can burn (1 min duration or so) for as much as most dps classes, more than some (less than others). We also do very good sustained dps over long term such as in groups. We tank better than the other two tanks on stunnable mobs (and stunnable mobs are much more common than they were years ago in top end group zones), and as good on non-stunnable mobs.

We have really strong healing, so strong that many paladins go without even memming some of our good healing tools like our straight group heal in favor or using that spell slot for dps.

For some reason, paladins get a bad reputation such that on new servers like the progression servers, SKs were created on like a 6 to 1 ratio compared to paladins. Most high end raid guilds are always on the lookout for a star paladin, unlike years ago when paladins would wait for years for a spot to open in those guilds.

So great time to be a paladin.
  8. Yther Augur

Just so you know, Brell Seris is not merged with Cazic Thule, so your old characters that were over level 10 should still be there.

Yther Ore.
  9. Yther Augur

Brell Seris is now merged with Cazic Thule, is what it was suppose to say. Typos and <30 min edit timer are annoying! :(

Yther Ore.
  10. JERUS Augur

The only negative to pallys are they take a lot of AA to reach the point that they become as awesome as they can be. TBH i think it's one of the most powerful classes in the hands of someone that knows how to use it.
  11. Kreen New Member

I was gone for 3 half years myself, back now over a year, raiding top end content on my bard again, funny how with melody now available still not many bards, and from what i hear not many good ones out of those lol! But all the classes are good and useful, but hardest and most expensive to start from scratch id say is zker because need those axe components right off to be a good one. That is Berzerker , since it might be new to you since played last. After that Warrior, (unless want to raid and find a raid guild spot open for your warrior even at high end), if you level super fast, is kinda hard to be good at without raid gear. So, far as if like to be a tank, a Pally or SK are a little less gear dependant since can self heal, or FD to give a heal time to land, or life tap. or stun as Pally, or harm touch to kill fast if going bad, etc. You cant as a warrior disc every exp mob, just nameds. So coming back means you need some guild or higher level toon to farm the armor you need to be ABLE to tank the nameds for more armor if choose warrior to play, sigh. But also with war mercs being one of 4 options, with i SWEAR is no fail tuants, it can be hard to get group. Cleric mercs too, can make being a cleric tuffer, UNLESS you want to raid. For a guaranteed spot in raid guild long as can play good and show up, be a cleric lol. And if want high end game fast, might even find a guild willing to power level you as a cleric if can prove you log on their times etc lol.
  12. Kreen New Member

double post accidenly