I have an idea, how about instancing raids?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I had a unique idea just now. Could we get instanced versions of the raid content on Lockjaw and Ragefire?

That would make things a lot more fair for everyone who wants to raid!
    lockjaws, Finley and frankie78227 like this.
  2. Pikallo Augur

3. Lee81 Augur

No, my guild is doing just fine. My guild should be able to monopolize raid targets. In Classic EQ, we didn't have any rules. I really don't care.
  4. toddv New Member

we get it, the same response on every post.
    you guild can get all the mobs great.
    we are proud for ,you at least now we know where our tax dollars go for unemployment
    most of us have jobs, families, not living in our parents basements, and other hobbies
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Lee81 Augur

Well, this is EQ. It's just the way it is. If you can't compete, then you don't get anything.
  6. Vaclav Augur

You might want to watch the friendly fire. Some of those on your side, including myself, aren't too far from your description. The message works the same without that implication.

(retired w/ disability + investment income - just me the wife and our pets however)
  7. Dreamcoil Journeyman

We are witnessing the mental breakdown of Lee81.
    Simone and lockjaws like this.
  8. Lee81 Augur

LOL
    frankie78227 likes this.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm curious as to how they are going to do it. I'm not part of a guild that has taken down a big raid target yet (have done some demigods, like the golems in Fear, or Coercer T'vala), but I wonder what kind of cooldown they're going to have for the raid instances?

As I understand it, people want to experience content....and as a less than hardcore player (I still play a lot, but I'm just not batphone hardcore). I wonder if they will only allow, say, once per month instancing of raid targets, or once.....period. The loudest argument I see is that people want to experience content...so....that would allow them to?

I wouldn't mind seeing an instancing of raids few and far between, with a large lockout timer (maybe two weeks per raid)....and retain open world spawning of bosses. This would allow people to see the content they want to experience, but would retain closer to the original intent.

That's all just me, my opinion, nothing more. I would like to kill a dragon or two, or face down Trak'anon.....but forget Phinigel Autropos, I'm not going back to Kedge Keep.
  10. toddv New Member

(retired w/ disability + investment income - just me the wife and our pets however)

^^^ Im sure is by far the minority of my description.
    im pointing at the other side of the spectrum.
    The ones who haven't contributed yet
  11. frankie78227 Augur

Instance the raids and leave the normal bosses spawning also. Sell tokens in the SC store for some outrageous sum to activate the instanced versions. Use the money to buy some damn GMs to police the servers and maybe some CS peeps.

If people really want to raid the crap they will pay. Let them fund your game DBG.
  12. Finley Augur

I think different encounters will have different lockouts. Doubtful that Phinny will have same lockout as gods. I doubt any raid will have longer than a week lockout. Also expect a lot of public raiding on the new server, as that is something that instances will allow - without squabbling over limited content the community will actually be able to play together. You won't have to invest a lot of time, or even join a guild, to see the content. I hope the lowered time commitments will keep at least some people playing on Ragefire and Lockjaw when not on the Nobox server.
  13. Pikallo Augur

And this is the same garbage response fueled by bitterness, jealously, and whatever other pathetic reason you have to put other people down that you literally know nothing about.

I work a full time job as a senior telecommunications analyst at a large University. I'm make a modest 70k per year. I'm married with a dog and 2 cats. We own our own new house in the suburbs of a prominent local school district. I maintain a healthy lifestyle through running/biking. I've completed a few triathalons (although I suck at the swimming part!). I have friends and family outside of gaming and we hang out regularly.

I'm also in TL. I just returned from a 2 week hiatus (was on my honeymoon in Barbados) so my raid attendance dropped a bit, but prior to vacation I maintained over a 50% raid attendance and have killed every raid boss in the game up to this point.

I'm not trying to brag at all. In fact I feel I'm a pretty boring, normal, suburbanite but the point is that everyone who constantly bashes people that you don't even know, is far more pathetic than people who happen to be more successful that you in a video game.
  14. Porygon Augur

What's funny, is no-one really paid attention to him before, so no-one really notices him now, it's kinda hilarious
    Pikallo and lockjaws like this.
  15. Lee81 Augur

If that's true, then why are you quoting my posts? I must not be invisible. /sobs
  16. lockjaws Augur

No, but your ideas are.

Anyhow, back to the OP -- Mabbu has a great idea!
  17. Lee81 Augur

Sure, you can close your eyes and pretend that my ideas don't resonate with many others. In fact, you must've read plenty of them just to reach your conclusion that you prefer to ignore me.
  18. Porygon Augur

They don't.
    lockjaws likes this.
  19. lalaloup Augur

You confuse knowing with assuming.

Seriously, you're one of the biggest offenders of that here.
  20. Lee81 Augur

If that was true, then I don't know why I have many likes. Or, do likes indicate the opposite? What if it's a conspiracy? Let me retrieve my tin foil hat, brothers and sisters! I have discovered a conspiracy here! There are people who pretend to like my posts, but they actually don't! :O
    Lifetap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.